TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Macmillan

@CongressMac

@CongressMac: Confirmation of Garland a serious breach of proper procedure and a clear two-fingered salute to the American people who voted for a conservative voice to fill the vacant Supreme Court seat

@CongressMac: Delighted to be able to introduce a National Right to Work Act to the House, the Right to Work is a fundamental right which should be protected at all costs for the good of the American citizen and the American economy #Right2Work

@CongressMac: Our law enforcement and first responders put their lives on the line day in and day out in service of this country, the least we can do is protect them from being attacked in the line of their duties (1/2)

@CongressMac: That is why I am delighted to introduce the 'Thin Blue Line Act' to ensure that people who attack and kill our emergency personnel face justice for their crimes (2/2)

@CongressMac: Just introduced a bill to mobilise the Federal Government against the so-called "Sanctuary Cities", these institutions violate federal law and need to be dealt with (1/2)

@CongressMac: People who are here illegally should be deported, not protected. It is time for these Sanctuary Cities to let Federal Investigators do their jobs (2/2)

@CongressMac: Free trade is a just and noble goal that if done well will lead to prosperity for all Americans (1/3)

@CongressMac: The being said Free Trade must be balanced by good trade deals and fair trade, there's no point playing by the rules if currency manipulaters like China continue to get away scot free (2/3)

@CongressMac: I support @POTUS decision to withdraw from TPP but would urge him not to abandon free trade entirely, it is time to renegotiate rather than simply abandon our partners around the World (3/3)

@CongressMac: Wonderful news to see that Egypt have withdrawn their UNSC Resolution condemning Israel, Israel is one of our closest allies and the strongest democracy in the Middle East, we should be working with them not alienating them. (1/3)

@CongressMac: Now we need to recognise the Israeli people's sovereign right to name their own capital, it is absurd that we have our embassy in a city other than the Israeli capital (2/3)

@CongressMac: That would be like the international community putting their embassies to the US in Detroit or Chicago rather than in DC. (3/3)

@CongressMac: It would appear that the Democrats have decided that bipartisanship is dead, long live the pointless squabble for political power

@CongressMac: The Republican Party are governing on every issue that matters to the people, we are creating jobs, enforcing the law and protecting life, liberty and property.

@CongressMac: If a Democrat has a good idea then I will support that good idea, protecting sexual assault victims is a good idea but there is no need to give in to partisan hackery like @RepGonzalez has decided to do.

@RepGonzalez: So let me get this straight, you're saying the US Congress doesn't have time to look into protecting sexual assault problems right now and that our current focus of Republican's efforts are on bills like XL Pipeline, and Defunding Planned Parenthood need to come first?  I guess regulating Tuna is next before Republicans will be bothered to protect sexual assault victims?

@CongressMac: I'm curious as to why @RepGonzalez feels the need to continue his partisan hackery when I have come out in support of his party's bill?

@CongressMac: We have a full floor at the moment in the House, as soon as we get to the next docket I am sure that the Speaker will put the bill both I and @RepGonzalez support on it

@CongressMac: @RepGonzalez should spend less time baiting on Twitter and more time in the House actually debating the issues on the floor, people are beginning to wonder why he's paid a Congressman's salary at all.

@CongressMac: Democrat bill to deal with #MeToo was unconstitutional so should not be considered by the House

@CongressMac: @GOP bill to deal with #MeToo is a common sense compromise between the Democrat bill and the Constitution of the United States of America

@CongressMac: Rather than crying hysterically about who gets what credit the Democrats  should focus on the victims and seeing that they get justice

@CongressMac: Congratulations to President Fillon on his victory in the French Presidential Election, may God be watching over him and the people of France in the coming months and years

@CalvinWard4AR: Which is a great way of saying “Yeah we stole your bill because you beat us up”

@CongressMac: I mean, our bill doesn't actually violate the Constitution, if we'd stolen your bill we'd still be looking at being on the wrong end of a Supreme Court ruling

@CongressMac: ObamaCare is broken, we are seeing soaring costs and soaring premiums with little to no competition or need to improve, it is time to repeal it and replace it with a bipartisan solution

@CongressMac: The America First Healthcare Act provides us with a three year window to negotiate a replacement for ObamaCare with lower costs, lower premiums and more competition and incentive for improvement

@CongressMac: Democrats should get on board and work for the people of the United States rather than for the ideological legacy of their former golden boy

@CongressMac: If the Democrats truly want a top notch bill to deal with the root issues of #MeToo they will propose amendments to the PAA Bill rather than wasting time with table procedure and further drafting

@CongressMac: If the Democrats are only interested in getting their name on a bill and a share of the credit then they will be sitting alone with their pints

@CongressMac: I would like to pay tribute to Speaker Granata, he was a terrific Speaker unfortunately forced to resign for personal reasons, he will be missed in the Congressional GOP

@CongressMac: I can confirm that I have allowed my name to go forward to replace Speaker Granata as Speaker of the House, I look forward to a robust and democratic process and look forward to working with whoever wins to create more solid Republican Government

@CongressMac: Healthcare is an important issue for all Americans, we can leave it to partisanship and pass reform and repeals every 10yrs or we can come together now and create a bipartisan resolution that sticks

@CongressMac: I fully support the President's agenda for healthcare that will force Congress to look at itself in the mirror and pass meaningful reform to our broken healthcare system

@CongressMac: Democratic Party sit-in on the House Floor is utterly ridiculous, there are better ways to effect Government Policy than grinding the entire process to a halt for a few minutes until the Sergeant At Arms is called.

@CongressMac: Whilst the Democratic Leadership (excluding a few brighter sparks) throws all its toys out of the pram the President and Congressional Republicans will continue to legislate to #MAGA. We're doing healthcare now, we'll follow that up with Immigration and Jobs to safeguard American people and their families.

@CongressMac: No @RepShultz_TX you were removed for holding up business by screaming like little children on the floor in a sit-in, you had the chance to debate the issue and vote but have instead lowered yourselves to the level of the newly born. (1/2)

@CongressMac: Never fear though, in your absence I shall be presenting a new docket shortly to continue #MAGA you'll be welcome to return to the Chamber to debate these bills if you can remember how to act with due decorum (2/2)

@CongressMac: Today we have seen just how incoherent and obstructionist the Democrats are, the GOP proposed to extend CHIP funding indefinitely yet 134 Democrats voted against.

@CongressMac: A majority of Democrats in the House do not want to extend healthcare for children in our society, it is clear that the party of families is the #GOP

• Thanks 1