TedderVision
Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

@RepLouieHong

1/2 Less than two years after its passage, the Fitzgerald Administration is already rushing into damage control on #ALTRA.

2/2 This was a poorly planned bill that added over a trillion dollars in deficit and was essentially a kickback to their wealthy corporate donors, so I'm not surprised that the cracks are beginning to show.

• Like 1

@RepLouieHong

Before the Vazquez scandal was discovered, Republicans made a grand total of zero campaign stops and for her. Afterwards? Two rallies by Conway and eight by President Fitzgerald. Seems like the Republican Party rewards corruption

• Like 1

@RepLouieHong

1/2 "Furthermore, they have agreed to ease travel restrictions that made it difficult for Cubans to travel to the United States and other countries while prohibiting certain professions such as doctors and athletes from leaving the country at all."

2/2 The previous words were quoted verbatim from President Fitzgerald's announcement

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

1/5 Freeing political prisoners means very little if you don't change the laws that made them political prisoners in the first place.

2/5 It's not what we are getting that I oppose, it's what we have to give up for very little in return.

3/5 Passing this bill gives Parilla the security he needs to keep the regime in place for decades to come. By accepting this deal, we lose all the chips at the bargaining table.

4/5 And while Mr. Conway would love to paint me as a hypocrite, I do think we need increased tariffs and measures against the PRC, a known currency manipulator and a country with very poor human and labor rights protections. 

5/5 The same is true for Vietnam. I thought I'd never see the day where Republicans are actively supporting communism around the world. Red might be the best color for them after all.

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

1/3 Alright, I'll admit that I misunderstood the President's comments, but he should have made his statement more clear. Speaking of people who are hard to understand, props to the GOP for spelling everything correctly in their latest tweets

2/3 There are 7,383 state legislators in the United States. So yeah, if you nitpick enough you'll find some bad apples in both parties. And I never said the Democratic Party had its own problems- I even voted for Fitzgerald over Hillary Clinton

3/3 Since then, however, he has proven himself to be just as bad, if not worse, than she ever would, and at this rate will wind up being the new poster child for failed neoliberal policies

@RepLouieHong

I will be speaking with constituents and supporters at a rally in New Orleans later today 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Will Conway said:

@KrustytheKongressman:  Hey! Hey!  The Dem race for Prez reminds of a classic movie ... Dumb and dumber!  Hey! Hey!

@RepLouieHong

1/2 I'm a lawyer, so I hate to see poor spelling and grammar in writing. First off, it's "Congressman." Second off, it's "reminds me of." Third off, it's a title, so "Dumber" should be capitalized as well.

2/2 You might have been a talk show host, but I'm afraid that your viewers might have been laughing at you, not with you.

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

1/2 For the record, I opposed the push to reopen relations with Cuba when Obama was President as well. I'm not against becoming allies with a more democratic and free government in Havana, I'm against becoming allies with a dictator.

2/2 Also, while Rep. Van Horn may have been facetious when she made that comment, I do believe that we need to invest in renewable energy, reduce our dependence on Saudi oil, and condemn the human rights violations and support of radical Islamic groups

1 hour ago, Batman said:

@RepLouieHong how would you have won the cold war without making friends with communist governments?

@RepLouieHong
When did I say that I would never make friends with communist governments? Any country that respects basic human rights should be treated as a potential ally. If Parrilla and his party win a free and fair election, I will congratulate them on earning the trust of the Cuban people

@GOP @Batman

We aren't the party that campaigned for Vazquez, and our candidates aren't calling each other "members of the Washington Stop."

@RepLouieHong

The GOP lost any right to claim a moral high ground when they pulled put all the stops to get a grafter into the Senate

• Like 1

@RepLouieHong

Rep. Alexander apologized for his past mistakes and is doing everything he can to fix them. Since her graft was revealed, not a shred of remorse has come from Senator Vazquez. THAT is the difference.

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 1

@RepLouieHong

Anyone campaigning to become a President for all Americans should be able to respond to even the most biased of reporters without whining about unfair treatment. The whole purpose of going to town halls is to gain new supporters from those who are on the fence or even oppose you.

@RepLouieHong

If a candidate from my party ever quoted a crime boss explaining his methods using animal cruelty as a metaphor, I'd take a good look in the mirror and wonder to myself if my party actually stood for the American people

• Like 1

@RepLouieHong

"Hypocrasy." "Investagate." "Valquez." "Abismal." "Politicians." To be fair, he's a Rapperbee, not a spelling bee.

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 1

@RepLouieHong

I fully support @POTUS's push to eradicate ISIS once and for all. To the thousands of its victims across the world, including in the American cities of Chattanooga, San Bernardino, and Orlando, justice is coming.

@RepLouieHong

I warned President Fitzgerald about the consequences of leaving Afghanistan before fully securing the country. Now, after 16 years of fighting and over 2,000 American lives lost, we're back at square one.

@RepLouieHong

Senator Conway wants to rip up a deal stopping Iran from getting nuclear weapons while supporting a deal that funds a communist regime 100 miles off our coast. Go figure.

@RepLouieHong

1/2 I believe that the Iran nuclear deal could have been a lot better, but it's far better than the alternative: letting Iran build a bomb. As President, I will make it strictly enforced to ensure that Iran is complying with the terms outlined in the agreement.

2/2 The potential for Iran to restart its nuclear program in 2025, six years from now, is a much better prospect than that of Iran definitely restarting its nuclear program right now, in 2019.

Edited by Jonathan