TedderVision
Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

@RepLouieHong

1/2 It's not just gun laws we need to change, but how Americans practice gun safety. I respect the NRA for their work in this field, and believe that this should be their main focus as an organization. 

2/2 While this isn't something that the government needs to or even can enforce, I believe that every home with a gun in it should also have a safe to lock it up and prevent theft or accidents.

@RepLouieHong

1/2 Congratulations to Senator Solin for his victory in Iowa.

2/2 Thank you New Hampshire!

@RepLouieHong

Congratulations to Representative Ward on his victories in Nevada and South Carolina and Senator Solin to his victory in the Democrats Abroad primary.

@RepLouieHong

1/2 Today, President Fitzgerald vetoed a bill that would have placed strict sanctions on Nicolas Maduro's autocratic regime in Caracas and that was passed through both Houses of Congress unanimously. 

2/2 In case anyone at home hasn't been keeping score, this is the second Latin American autocrat he has kowtowed to in the past two years. I hope that Speaker Macmillan and Majority Leader Conway will schedule a vote to override this veto on the bill that they themselves support.

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

Will Speaker Macmillan and Majority Leader Conway fall into lockstep behind their President, or will they schedule an up or down vote to see if Congress agrees with the President's veto?

@RepLouieHong

After hearing about President Fitzgerald's comments on his veto, I'm not surprised: Republicans are more concerned about getting donations from their backers in Big Oil than standing up for liberty and justice. All the more reason to invest in renewable energy.

@RepLouieHong

What about revisiting it right now, Senator Conway? Congress clearly spoke on the issue when #PATRIA came up for a vote

@RepLouieHong

25 minutes ago, Jsawrie said:

Has anyone heard from the Speaker? Has anyone been to a town hall from the Republicans? Where does he stand on trade tariffs? Where does he stand on anything?

1/2 Don't be so hard on him Cal. If I went 0-5 in the first primaries of the season and was still losing the nomination despite the support of the party establishment, I might be pretty quiet as well.

2/2 And it's hard for him to stand on anything when his platform is basically "Do whatever Kyle Fitzgerald wants me to do."

@RepLouieHong

Sometime after the April primaries, Conway mentioned that Macmillan's campaign was being funded by "unrevealed sources." The American people deserve to know exactly what those sources were.

Edited by Jonathan
  • Thanks 2

@RepLouieHong

1/3 And now we know exactly what those sources were.

2/3 Congressional Republicans funneled $164 million into Macmillan's campaign to bail him out after he went 0-5 in the first two months and was still losing by the end of April.

3/3 Conway got shafted by the Washington swamp, pure and simple. 

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

Give Mike some slack, not all of us have our campaigns bailed out by $164 million in #SwampCash.

Edited by Jonathan
  • Like 1

@RepLouieHong

1 hour ago, Macmillan said:

@CongressMac: @WillConway if this isn't obstruction I don't know what is. When the bill was passed they got better but never forget that both the then DNC Chair and the then HmL tried to shut the House down to prevent real reform of our healthcare system

Aww no mention of me #164MillionMacmillan? You had me silenced too. Have you been taking lessons from the Corleone? #MafiaMacmillan

Edited by Jonathan

@RepLouieHong

Friendly reminder that Dylan Macmillan needed $164 million from the Washington swamp to barely eke out a plurality of delegates for his own party's nomination, and would be over $100 million in debt if he hadn't received those donations.