TedderVision
Morgan Johnson

These debates accomplish nothing: change my mind

I disagree. I think it is important to talk about the issue even if we disagree. This nation (I mean the U.S specifically) has become so divided because people refuse to at least talk about the issues......instead they hide in their echo-chambers of like minded people. I think it is important (even if they only end up agreeing to disagree) to talk about such issues in order to understand and truly debate the merits of the issues without all the rhetoric and grandstanding. 

On 3/30/2018 at 6:03 PM, Shiggy said:

I disagree. I think it is important to talk about the issue even if we disagree. This nation (I mean the U.S specifically) has become so divided because people refuse to at least talk about the issues......instead they hide in their echo-chambers of like minded people. I think it is important (even if they only end up agreeing to disagree) to talk about such issues in order to understand and truly debate the merits of the issues without all the rhetoric and grandstanding. 

I agree in theory, but I think the format is failing us. I have an idea I'm going to try out with this forum. Stay tuned for more details.