TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Phillip Huffines

@Huffines

If Mr. Solin's announcement on Saturday is a run for the Democratic Presidential nomination I believe he will win that nomination. He is by far the most consistent in his beliefs to what the Democratic voters expect in a candidate.

Calvin Ward

"We will restore the Estate Tax, in order to fund our educational commitments."

View full PR

With what shouldn't be a surprise to anyone, Mr. Ward doesn't even know what he's talking about. The estate tax wasn't repealed. Such an ignorant candidate should be kept away from the White House.

34 minutes ago, Jsawrie said:

Show of hands, who’s seen the GOP economic plan?

We enacted one it's called the America First Tax Reform Act I don't believe you've read it

1 hour ago, Jsawrie said:

BTW, 

What ever happened of Sen. Velazquez Huff?

I't's Vazquez, and I've always called for her to resign.

On 5/13/2018 at 1:43 AM, Batman said:

I'd like to say we are more than willing to do an independent investigation into Senator Vasquez as soon as A) HmW Alexander resigns his leadership position (which Senator Vasquez is banned from holding as a result of the transgression committed.) and/or B) Chairman Doyle approaches me and we get an independent council to investigate both Vasquez and Alexander. (2/2) 

We've also put forward proposals to deal with the situation but the Democrats haven't done anything.

You're deflecting though because you have nothing. You either were ignorant of the estate tax not being repealed and lied to cover for your ignorance (most likely) or you're so incompetent you can't put forward an economic plan without checking it before you submit it. Neither are good qualities for being a President.

I'm not hiding Marijuana legalization it's disclosed in my press release that it's included in the bill. Let the public know most don't oppose legalization and will be happy to hear. The purpose of it is funding the bill without raising the deficit any. The bill does a lot of good and reducing the number of non-violent offenders going to jail is just a part of it.

A so called progressive will oppose their own policy goals if one goal is used to pay for another. How dare we actually be fiscally responsible. It's just partisanship for the sake of being partisan.

Edited by Phillip Huffines

6 minutes ago, Will Conway said:

@WillConway:  some good things in the comprehensive education reform bill from Rep. Huffines like abolition of common core and promotion of school choice.  Some problematic things too, though, like nationwide cannabis legalization and increased federal role.  Prefer more state and local responsibility.  

I'd argue the bill decreases the federal role in education substantially and gives more responsibility to state and local governments. From the bill:

"No officer or employee of the Federal Government shall, through grants, contracts, or other cooperative agreements, mandate, direct, or control a State, local educational agency, or school’s specific instructional content, academic standards and assessments, curricula, or program of instruction"

• Like 1

Wow threats of removal of DNC chairman Jack Doyle for his support for the recognition of life at conception. Very over the top. Mr. Doyle and Mr. Hong have done quite an admirable thing in their support of the bill against such hostility.

Really bad education bill put out by the Democrats. Is a $31.25  yearly pay raise all teachers deserve to them? Very sad. My bill gives teachers a yearly pay raise of more than $4,300. Much better.

Congratulations @CongressMac on winning the Republican Presidential nomination. I knew you had it in you when I endorsed you. This has been a hard fought victory. Now it's time to unite as a party and retain the White House in November.