TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
CJL

“Securing the future of America” Forum w/ U.S. Senator Tom Hayton

U.S. Senator from Indiana Tom Hayton and Presiential Candidate holds a forum in Jacksonville, Florida, with those concerned about Foriegn Policy and America’s National Security.

Senator Hayton, I am Alex Donaldson.  A few years ago, President Barack Obama made a deal with various other nations with the Paris Climate Accord to combat Global Warming.  What is your view of this deal?  Do we need to be concerned with climate change?

2 hours ago, Doomhammer said:

Senator Hayton, I am Alex Donaldson.  A few years ago, President Barack Obama made a deal with various other nations with the Paris Climate Accord to combat Global Warming.  What is your view of this deal?  Do we need to be concerned with climate change?

I agree with Speaker Macmillan, and greatly value our planet and it’s general well being. We must ratify and support the Paris Climate Agreement, as soon as possible.

3 hours ago, Phillip Huffines said:

Mr. Hayton,

what nations pose the greatest threat to the United States and how would you deal with them?

Thank you so much for your question, because as a former marine, father, and a concerned American citizen, this issue is very near and dear to my heart. The biggest Issue to me is terrorism. Ever since September 11th, 2001, the issue of radicals attacking our nation will most likely forever be present. I believe we must go tit for tat with terrorists, engaging with them and bringing them to justice. How do I plan on doing this? Using every single national defense agency at disposal.

1 minute ago, CJL said:

Thank you so much for your question, because as a former marine, father, and a concerned American citizen, this issue is very near and dear to my heart. The biggest Issue to me is terrorism. Ever since September 11th, 2001, the issue of radicals attacking our nation will most likely forever be present. I believe we must go tit for tat with terrorists, engaging with them and bringing them to justice. How do I plan on doing this? Using every single national defense agency at disposal.

-a local reporter- yes but what nations are the biggest threat, you didn’t answer the question

29 minutes ago, Jsawrie said:

-a local reporter- yes but what nations are the biggest threat, you didn’t answer the question

I have answered, but concerning nations, I’d say North Korea.

Just now, CJL said:

I have answered, but concerning nations, I’d say North Korea.

The question was about nations. Just saying. It’s in the original question. Second word. 

1 minute ago, Jsawrie said:

The question was about nations. Just saying. It’s in the original question. Second word. 

*sighs* Hopefully you’re not in the Huntington cabal of reporters. Asked and answered. Next question?

On 5/12/2018 at 8:29 PM, CJL said:

I agree with Speaker Macmillan, and greatly value our planet and it’s general well being. We must ratify and support the Paris Climate Agreement, as soon as possible.

Ratify how? Be specific please. To even ratify means you fundamentally agree that global warming:

1-exists, even as we've seen organizations admit to doctoring the data.

2-is man made, even though we know the earth has warmed and cooled before humans even walked the earth.

3- requires massive govenment intervention, like Paris, and redistribution to the tune of hundreds of trillions of dollars.

Isn't acknowledging Paris just a way of saying you're a hyper progressive on issues such as "climate change"?

14 hours ago, CJL said:

*sighs* Hopefully you’re not in the Huntington cabal of reporters. Asked and answered. Next question?

Speaker Macmillan has been quoted saying that the press has been hard working and he’s been very cordial to them. On the other hand you’ve been very critical of anything less than positive questioning. 

Wheres the disconnect for Speaker Macmillan? Is he getting special treatment?

16 minutes ago, Jsawrie said:

Speaker Macmillan has been quoted saying that the press has been hard working and he’s been very cordial to them. On the other hand you’ve been very critical of anything less than positive questioning. 

Wheres the disconnect for Speaker Macmillan? Is he getting special treatment?

Well, I’ve never accused the speaker of having any bias in its favor, and I think it’s pure malarkey to say I’ve always been critical of less than positive questioning. I have appreciated tough questioning that is completely legitimate, as it helps Americans understand our leaders. However, I, as well as many conservatives and Republicans, know there is an inherent bias against our way of thinking and believing. That is why I am alert, and skeptical of certain peculiar criticisms and questions.

42 minutes ago, Pizzuto said:

Ratify how? Be specific please. To even ratify means you fundamentally agree that global warming:

1-exists, even as we've seen organizations admit to doctoring the data.

2-is man made, even though we know the earth has warmed and cooled before humans even walked the earth.

3- requires massive govenment intervention, like Paris, and redistribution to the tune of hundreds of trillions of dollars.

Isn't acknowledging Paris just a way of saying you're a hyper progressive on issues such as "climate change"?

Well, I simply believe in the threat of Climate Change, and I agree with Speaker Macmillan. Conservative, Liberal, or Moderate, you have to admit that climate change presents an international crisis that must be addressed. Now, I know taking that position will hurt me with some conservatives, and frankly, I do not care. I want my children and their children to have an earth they can inhabit. Period.

13 minutes ago, CJL said:

Well, I simply believe in the threat of Climate Change, and I agree with Speaker Macmillan. Conservative, Liberal, or Moderate, you have to admit that climate change presents an international crisis that must be addressed. Now, I know taking that position will hurt me with some conservatives, and frankly, I do not care. I want my children and their children to have an earth they can inhabit. Period.

Follow up Question Senator Hayton, do you agree with all three of the assertions made in the previous question? In your opinion is climate change happening? Is it man made? Are you willing to institute schemes to clean up the atmosphere no matter how much Government is needed to get the job done?

1 hour ago, Jsawrie said:

Lets throw up a light one. Do you smoke, drink, or use tobacco?

*laughs* 1. No, as I’ve always had a fear of smoking. 2. I’m no longer in my college days, to say the least. 3. No as well.

1 hour ago, Macmillan said:

Follow up Question Senator Hayton, do you agree with all three of the assertions made in the previous question? In your opinion is climate change happening? Is it man made? Are you willing to institute schemes to clean up the atmosphere no matter how much Government is needed to get the job done?

I think some of the assertions were somewhat misleading. I think climate change is happening, that it is man made, and while I woils like to se the government take action, I’d like to do it in the most cost efficient way.

So is it safe to say that when it comes to government regulation of our economy, and the EPA, you're calling for a return to Barak Obama? Primary voters are interested.

29 minutes ago, Pizzuto said:

So is it safe to say that when it comes to government regulation of our economy, and the EPA, you're calling for a return to Barak Obama? Primary voters are interested.

No one said returning to Obama, no one. I think when it comes to the future of our world population and our planet, we must act with whatever is needed. Next question?

But as president you help decide what is needed and there are huge amounts of govenment intervention in the Paris Agreement, which you support.

So how can you on one hand say Obama climate policy isn't coming back, when you support the main plank in his policy? Republican primary voters want to know.

On 5/14/2018 at 4:43 PM, Pizzuto said:

But as president you help decide what is needed and there are huge amounts of govenment intervention in the Paris Agreement, which you support.

So how can you on one hand say Obama climate policy isn't coming back, when you support the main plank in his policy? Republican primary voters want to know.

The thing is, Obama policy plank or not, Democrats and Republicans have come to support it. Am I against government intervention? Yes. But in extreme cases, when our planet and nation needs some sort of intervention to save itself, it's the last resort possible, Obama policy plank or not. I do not care if the base or establishment attacks me for that stance, but I want to be able to go to sleep tonight knowing my children actually have an earth to inhabit, and that's all I'm saying when it comes to the issue of climate change. Yes, I believe in it, it's man-made, and we need to do something about it, which is the Paris climate agreement. Play it on the cable news world every day, call me a RINO, I honestly do not care. I, as well as every sensible politician, knows that climate change is a threat to our world. Period. Next?