TedderVision
Doomhammer

Cleveland Ohio - Mike Solin

Senator Solin,

You are seen by many as the most liberal Democrat in this race with a chance of winning, why do you think you are the best candidate and why should Democrats switch from supporting Ward to supporting you?

23 minutes ago, Macmillan said:

Senator Solin,

You are seen by many as the most liberal Democrat in this race with a chance of winning, why do you think you are the best candidate and why should Democrats switch from supporting Ward to supporting you?

Thank you for the question.  I, too, agree that I have a chance of winning.  Calvin Ward is a phenomenal leader and a proactive civil servant.  I have great respect for him as well as Representative Hong and Representative DeJesus who have dedicated supporters as well.  All of us share common values that unites us.

I think as the campaign develops, the American people, specifically the Democratic voters in this case, will vote their conscience and the best man will win.  All I can do is share my vision and hope that other Americans agree that my vision is going to be the best for this nation.  It is like Brian Regan’s stand up routine about snow cones.  Cherry is favorite, but grape is more favorite.  In this race, I believe I will be grape.  The people of Akron believed in me to be their Mayor.  The people of Ohio’s 13th district believed in me enough to vote for me as their representative, and the people of the state of Ohio selected me as their Senator despite the majority of the nation voting for Republicans.  I believe the American people will see my confidence and leadership in my ability to get the best deal for the American people.  Just know that whoever comes out of the Democratic primary as our nominee will be an excellent choice for President.  I am not running a campaign against any one person.  Not Ward, not Hong, nor any of the Republican candidates.  I am running a campaign for each individual American’s best interest.

• Like 1

Mr. Solin,

What would your foreign policy look like if you were elected President? Are there any nations in particular that you would look to strengthen relations with or take actions against?

14 hours ago, Cardinalfan9 said:

Do you support Universal Basic Income? 

No.

14 hours ago, Pizzuto said:

Is Facebook a publisher or a platform? 

This question has some complexity.  I believe facebook is a platform; however, platforms have been changing due to the development of technology.  Platform models are becoming more accessible to content distribution.  In today's world, everything is creatable, editable and publishable by almost anybody.  Publishers are typically positioned to provide direction and guidance, but since platforms like Google, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Reddit, and others are free to use and are getting revenue through ad revenue, people are able to use these platforms to distribute publishing content in mass quantities.  The challenge here is for these platforms to find a way to clear the clutter and ensure that relevant, factual, and meaningful content is conveyed and that the clutter or fictitious content is labeled as such.  In summary, I do believe facebook is a platform, but the terms platform and publisher are becoming more and more of a hybrid style.

7 hours ago, Phillip Huffines said:

Mr. Solin,

What would your foreign policy look like if you were elected President? Are there any nations in particular that you would look to strengthen relations with or take actions against?

You can call Mike.  There are many things I would like to cover, sir.

First, I would protect our agreements.  We do not make agreements or treaties alone, we do it as a nation.  Thus, I would keep America in the Paris Climate Accord and continue to work with the nations of the world to combat climate change and fight against the obvious pollution against our planet.  The world and our allies forged this treaty and care about it, and they want to keep it.  We should keep our word and honor it.  Second, I would protect the Iran Nuclear Deal.  In the deal, we can monitor Iran and check in to ensure that they are not developing weapons of mass destruction.  To this date, Iran has been following along with the deal. There nuclear program is stalled.

Although I disagreed with President Fitzgerald's policy to reopen channels with Cuba, this is a deal and a decision by our nation that we made.  When I am President, I will honor that deal and find ways to use our country's leadership and influence to help the development of a young democracy.  Our country will never move forward if we continue to change America's decisions every four to eight years.  The people of Cuba deserve a brighter future and our country is determined to assist the best way we can.  As for a President Fitzgerald decision that I agreed with then and still agree with today, I completely agree with his decision to pull troops out of Afghanistan.  This is a conflict that we should not have been in nearly two decades ago.  It is time to end it.

Other than protecting and honoring previous agreements, a Solin Administration will support Israel and our Muslim allies in the Middle East through means other than combat troops on the ground.  There could be instances where we will use airstrikes,or drone strikes that target terrorists, or possibly send in a seal team task force to eliminate a terrorist leader or obtain a significant item.  This is the 21st century.  We need to adapt to our technology and fight smarter.  In the Middle East, I plan to continue economic and trade relationships, help train the military of proven allies, promote equal rights for women and minorities, including religious minorities like Christians, and promote collaborative efforts to snuff out terrorism.

The most significant foreign policy concept I plan to initiate is an advanced cyber-security protection program.  Instead of boarder wall, we need a national firewall.  In a world where technology plays a role, we need to be able to protect ourselves from hacking, exploitation of our citizen's data, and electronically shut down terrorist recruiting and communication channels.  Any ISIS or terrorist website should be either removed or, through other means, attacked with viruses or other electronic malware as a form of national defense.

On 5/14/2018 at 2:00 PM, Doomhammer said:

Thank you for the question.  I, too, agree that I have a chance of winning.  Calvin Ward is a phenomenal leader and a proactive civil servant.  I have great respect for him as well as Representative Hong and Representative DeJesus who have dedicated supporters as well.  All of us share common values that unites us.

I think as the campaign develops, the American people, specifically the Democratic voters in this case, will vote their conscience and the best man will win.  All I can do is share my vision and hope that other Americans agree that my vision is going to be the best for this nation.  It is like Brian Regan’s stand up routine about snow cones.  Cherry is favorite, but grape is more favorite.  In this race, I believe I will be grape.  The people of Akron believed in me to be their Mayor.  The people of Ohio’s 13th district believed in me enough to vote for me as their representative, and the people of the state of Ohio selected me as their Senator despite the majority of the nation voting for Republicans.  I believe the American people will see my confidence and leadership in my ability to get the best deal for the American people.  Just know that whoever comes out of the Democratic primary as our nominee will be an excellent choice for President.  I am not running a campaign against any one person.  Not Ward, not Hong, nor any of the Republican candidates.  I am running a campaign for each individual American’s best interest.

"It's like another favorite, but not as much favorite"........ (new respect for you @Doomhammer)

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -3 +3 0 +3 +3 -3 +3 +3
  • Like 1