TedderVision
Jsawrie

Ward Townhall in Reno

17 minutes ago, Cardinalfan9 said:

Mr. Ward,

Do you support Universal Basic Income? 

I do not. But let me explain why because I know the headlines will read “Ward Isn’t Liberal Enough” if I don’t. That’s the plan that the Republicans want Democrats to believe “oh Ward isn’t liberal enough” because I don’t fit their caricature of a “liberal”   

I don’t support it because I think there are better ways to provide for our people. Sweden is perhaps one of the most progressive allies we have. They tried UBI and it didn’t work. They’re canceling that program. If it didnt work there, I’m not sure we should give it a shot. Now if they had a successful experiment with it and we’re seeing progress, I’d consider it but I’m very much a skeptic on UBI. 

What i would rather us do is increase funding for vocational education in our high schools so that students can graduate ready to work. I’d like to see us unshackle students of higher education from their massive debts. I’d like to see us work to create jobs and increase wages so that people can work for their living. I believe I’m the value of hard work and a living wage. I’d rather us spend money elsewhere than on something that hasn’t been proven to work

1 minute ago, Pizzuto said:

Is facebook a publisher or a platform?

I consider it a traditional platform. Everyone should have access and should be able to control the content they see

Are you aware if the amount of censorship that goes on at these social media sites, particularly of conservative voices? Is there something Washington should do to combat sensorshiop and deplatforming?

Edited by Pizzuto

Just now, Pizzuto said:

Are you aware if the amount of censorship that goes on at these social media sites, particularly of conservative voices? Is there something Washington should do to combat sensorshiop and deplatforming?

I am aware and I think it’s unfortunate. Facebook surely understands its place in society. It is a platform where all political ideas should be expressed. My concern is that it’s very difficult for the federal government to tell businesses how they must act when their not TECHNICALLY breaking the law. That’s an area that perhaps I need further education on, I’d be willing to hear options. But I think that the censoring of political ideas, even those I disagree with or are politically harmful to me, is wrong. People should be free to openly express their views especially on social media. 

6 hours ago, Phillip Huffines said:

Mr. Ward,

You did not support the recent tax cuts bill. If you were President would you look to increase taxes?

I didn’t support the tax cuts because I didn’t believe corporations should get a lower tax rate than a doctor. I don’t believe the millionaire CEO’s should oaynthe dame rate as the doctor. I don’t think we should eleimate the estate tax which impacts a small perecnetage of Americans. We could also look at nonincome based taxes  

I know it’s not popular to run on a “tax increase” campaign. I get it. Trust me it’s not fun being that guy. But in my time in politics I’ve seen this amazing trend. During Democratic administrations they talk about spending and balanced budgets. They are the most penny pinching misers during the Democrat years. But all of the sudden they’re ok with millions of dollars in deficits. Now the President said “we’ve scored it internally and it’s great” that was the gist of his message. But when the CBO scored it was a deficit demon. 

Now the only way to fix that is one of two things. You can cut spending, which for Republicans means less money for education, less money for the working poor; less money for government agencies that make sure your food is safe. What Id like to see us do is to go to the richest among us and say hey, we’re not going to make you go broke, but you make far more than a doctor. Let’s make this more fair.”

On 5/15/2018 at 7:27 AM, Jsawrie said:

I didn’t support the tax cuts because I didn’t believe corporations should get a lower tax rate than a doctor. I don’t believe the millionaire CEO’s should oaynthe dame rate as the doctor. I don’t think we should eleimate the estate tax which impacts a small perecnetage of Americans. We could also look at nonincome based taxes  

I know it’s not popular to run on a “tax increase” campaign. I get it. Trust me it’s not fun being that guy. But in my time in politics I’ve seen this amazing trend. During Democratic administrations they talk about spending and balanced budgets. They are the most penny pinching misers during the Democrat years. But all of the sudden they’re ok with millions of dollars in deficits. Now the President said “we’ve scored it internally and it’s great” that was the gist of his message. But when the CBO scored it was a deficit demon. 

Now the only way to fix that is one of two things. You can cut spending, which for Republicans means less money for education, less money for the working poor; less money for government agencies that make sure your food is safe. What Id like to see us do is to go to the richest among us and say hey, we’re not going to make you go broke, but you make far more than a doctor. Let’s make this more fair.”

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -5 -5 -5 +3 +3 -3 +3 +3