TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Will Conway

Conway Explains Opposition to Paris Climate Accord

Columbia, South Carolina:

Florida Senator and Republican Presidential Candidate Will Conway spoke before supporters and the otherwise curious in Columbia, South Carolina about the Paris Climate Accord, why he wants the U.S. out of the accord, and points to himself as the only person running for President who has declared his opposition to it:

"One unfortunate legacy of the Obama Presidency is that the President frequently pursued his ideological goals without Congressional approval.  He did so by instituting the DACA even after saying he did not have the authority to do so.  He also imposed something that acts like a treaty but was never ratified by the Senate, because the Senate never would have ratified it, the Iran deal.  I am going to be more fully addressing that disaster on a future occasion, believe me.  

Today I want to talk about the Paris Climate Accords, which many of the "great and good" are insisting that the United States must honor, even though it is not remotely a treaty under our Constitution.  In fact, it is nothing more than something Barack Obama left behind when he left the Presidency.  He and his globalist friends here and abroad thought it was a fine idea, so he signed us up for it.  Well, my friends, I didn't sign up for it.  You didn't sign up for it.  And by God, America didn't sign up for it!

I was stunned to read that two Republican candidates for President have embraced this deal, although at least they are making the right noises about trying to "ratify" it, meaning it should be brought before the Senate.  But the idea that two thirds of Senators will sign onto this deal is illusory.  The only way to keep the United States in this accord is for whoever is elected President to keep governing according to Obama's principles.  Well, count me out!

And count America out of this terrible agreement.  It will cost the world's economy trillions of dollars while making almost no difference whatsoever to climate change.  Indeed, the very computer models that project climate change to be a problem also predict that this multi trillion dollar effort will barely budge the needle.  Tell me something, if you have $100 in your pocket, would you use it to buy a pack of chewing gum?  But in essence, that is what the Paris Climate Accord would have us do.  At the same time though, rapidly industrializing countries like China and India, where greenhouse gas emissions are literally skyrocketing, will not be committed to the same goals.

Oh, and by the way, the United States is the only country that has been reducing its carbon footprint in recent years.  Europe sure hasn't, although heaven knows they talk about it all the time.  But we will still be expected to abide by targets that will positively damage our economy and depress our national income and wealth.  Not on my watch!  

I also must make mention of some other eccentricities in the Paris Accords, which I cannot believe any American would want to impose on his country ... and the fact that some Republicans want to beggars belief.  Consider this:  one commentator, having read the treaty, points out:

The Paris Agreement also veers into absurdity by its political and ideological language, requiring countries to address extraneous themes like gender equity, biodiversity, poverty eradication, migrants, disabled persons, a “just transition of the workforce,” “creation of decent work,” and so on. Having larded the treaty with social justice slogans, its authors cannot be surprised if they become points of contention.

My friends, I am not opposed in principle to some kind of international framework to protect the environment.  But this agreement is a travesty, both in its imposition and its substance.  It will go straight to the circular file if I am elected President.  And I pledge to bring international agreements to the Senate for proper ratification ... because the Constitution needs to be brought out of the closet that the Obama Administration locked it into.

20 hours ago, Will Conway said:

Columbia, South Carolina:

Florida Senator and Republican Presidential Candidate Will Conway spoke before supporters and the otherwise curious in Columbia, South Carolina about the Paris Climate Accord, why he wants the U.S. out of the accord, and points to himself as the only person running for President who has declared his opposition to it:

"One unfortunate legacy of the Obama Presidency is that the President frequently pursued his ideological goals without Congressional approval.  He did so by instituting the DACA even after saying he did not have the authority to do so.  He also imposed something that acts like a treaty but was never ratified by the Senate, because the Senate never would have ratified it, the Iran deal.  I am going to be more fully addressing that disaster on a future occasion, believe me.  

Today I want to talk about the Paris Climate Accords, which many of the "great and good" are insisting that the United States must honor, even though it is not remotely a treaty under our Constitution.  In fact, it is nothing more than something Barack Obama left behind when he left the Presidency.  He and his globalist friends here and abroad thought it was a fine idea, so he signed us up for it.  Well, my friends, I didn't sign up for it.  You didn't sign up for it.  And by God, America didn't sign up for it!

I was stunned to read that two Republican candidates for President have embraced this deal, although at least they are making the right noises about trying to "ratify" it, meaning it should be brought before the Senate.  But the idea that two thirds of Senators will sign onto this deal is illusory.  The only way to keep the United States in this accord is for whoever is elected President to keep governing according to Obama's principles.  Well, count me out!

And count America out of this terrible agreement.  It will cost the world's economy trillions of dollars while making almost no difference whatsoever to climate change.  Indeed, the very computer models that project climate change to be a problem also predict that this multi trillion dollar effort will barely budge the needle.  Tell me something, if you have $100 in your pocket, would you use it to buy a pack of chewing gum?  But in essence, that is what the Paris Climate Accord would have us do.  At the same time though, rapidly industrializing countries like China and India, where greenhouse gas emissions are literally skyrocketing, will not be committed to the same goals.

Oh, and by the way, the United States is the only country that has been reducing its carbon footprint in recent years.  Europe sure hasn't, although heaven knows they talk about it all the time.  But we will still be expected to abide by targets that will positively damage our economy and depress our national income and wealth.  Not on my watch!  

I also must make mention of some other eccentricities in the Paris Accords, which I cannot believe any American would want to impose on his country ... and the fact that some Republicans want to beggars belief.  Consider this:  one commentator, having read the treaty, points out:

My friends, I am not opposed in principle to some kind of international framework to protect the environment.  But this agreement is a travesty, both in its imposition and its substance.  It will go straight to the circular file if I am elected President.  And I pledge to bring international agreements to the Senate for proper ratification ... because the Constitution needs to be brought out of the closet that the Obama Administration locked it into.

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change +2 +5 +5 -2 -2 -5 -3 -5

Sign in to follow this