TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
David Parker

Parker on the Environment: Free Market Approach

Presidential Candidate David Parker made the following comments on environmental policy.

There's been a lot said about the Paris accords recently, and I'm not sure we should buy into such a .... wide-ranging treaty. There's a lot in the Paris accords that have nothing whatsoever to do with the environment and I just don't think the US needs to buy into a document that would in a real sense merge us into the EU. I had an ancestor at King's Mountain and he fought the British in the Revolution for the right to live his life as he saw fit to do.

It's said you should light a candle instead of curse the darkness, and one thing I would be for is more clear labeling on consumer items regarding their energy footprint. If people think that's an issue, they will naturally buy products with a smaller energy footprint. However, if people aren't concerned, they will buy products with features they want. The Free Market works each and every time it's allowed to, and there's no real reason we can't let free market economics determine how energy efficient we want consumer goods to be.

21 hours ago, David Parker said:

Presidential Candidate David Parker made the following comments on environmental policy.

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change +2 +3 +5 +2 -1 -5 -3 -2

Sign in to follow this