TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Jonathan

Hong Defends the Paris Agreement

Louis "Louie" Hong

Representative and 2020 presidential candidate Louis "Louie" Hong responded to recent press releases by Senator Will Conway(R-FL) and Vice President David Parker(R-TN) attacking the Paris Agreement.

As children of God, I believe that we have an obligation to preserve the natural beauty that He has created. The Paris Agreement was a carefully negotiated deal between almost every nation on Earth, and if we, the world's largest economy, third largest population, and second largest greenhouse gas emitter were to withdraw, we would be forced to go back to the drawing board, and who knows how long it will be before we get every country to agree to another deal. Yes, we will have to sacrifice a little in order to protect our environment, but if we do nothing right now, our children and grandchildren will be left with a shattered global economy and a planet that will quickly become uninhabitable. The truth of the matter is, big business cannot be trusted to stop climate change on their own, and too many of them are prioritizing profits over people. This is why, for the sake of our planet, we must continue to stay in the deal. I applaud Speaker Macmillan, and Senator Hayton for their support of this common-sense deal, and I call upon their colleagues in the Republican Party to do the same. The livelihood of the next generation depends on the actions we take today.

View full PR

17 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Louis "Louie" Hong

Representative and 2020 presidential candidate Louis "Louie" Hong responded to recent press releases by Senator Will Conway(R-FL) and Vice President David Parker(R-TN) attacking the Paris Agreement.

View full PR

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -2 -3 -5 +3 +3 +5 +3 +5

Sign in to follow this