Jump to content
TedderVision
Jsawrie

Ward Meets with LGBT Leaders in Las Vegas

Recommended Posts

Arlene and Laurence West, a couple who were finally able to get happily married thanks to the 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges, decision, take the mike

Representative Ward, in your townhall in Cedar Rapids you argued that private companies and citizens have the right to discriminate against people like us, and compared the LGBTQ+ community to the Neo-Nazi/white supremacist movement known as the Alt-Right, when all we want is to be treated fairly as fellow Americans. Why should we vote for someone who would allow us to be marginalized and who believes that our plight is comparable to the so-called "oppression" that those fascist wannabes and Confederate sympathizers wannabes bring upon themselves?

Edited by Jonathan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Arlene and Laurence West, a couple who were finally able to get happily married thanks to the 2015 Obergefell v. Hodges, decision, take the mike

Representative Ward, in your townhall in Cedar Rapids you argued that private companies and citizens have the right to discriminate against people like us, and compared the LGBTQ+ community to the Neo-Nazi/white supremacist movement known as the Alt-Right, when all we want is to be treated fairly as fellow Americans. Why should we vote for someone who would allow us to be marginalized and who believes that our plight is comparable to the so-called "oppression" that those fascist wannabes and Confederate sympathizers wannabes bring upon themselves?

Arlene and Laurence, that’s a fair question. My use of the Alt—Right was by no means a comparison to the LGBT community. I want to make that clear. The Alt-Right is a group of White supremacy and neo-nazis who promote nothing but hate and violence. I apologize if it was offensive to the community, that was not my intent. I’m very sorry. Would you mind if I come down there real quick and shake your hand and look you both in the eyes and apologize before I continue answering?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jsawrie said:

Arlene and Laurence, that’s a fair question. My use of the Alt—Right was by no means a comparison to the LGBT community. I want to make that clear. The Alt-Right is a group of White supremacy and neo-nazis who promote nothing but hate and violence. I apologize if it was offensive to the community, that was not my intent. I’m very sorry. Would you mind if I come down there real quick and shake your hand and look you both in the eyes and apologize before I continue answering?

We would not mind, Representative. While we know that you had no ill intentions when you made those comments, we are happy that you could clarify them to prevent any misunderstanding.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Jsawrie said:

-comes down shakes hands, off mike apologizes face to face-

-comes back slightly shaken up-

thank you. To answer your question, I think you should vote for me because I’m not above saying “I was wrong and I’m sorry”. I know that seems simple, but too many times, we get up here and we try to be perfect. But I’m not. I’m not perfect. Please don’t vote for me because you think I’m always going to get it right or I’m always going to be in point. I’m not. But I will promise two things. First, I’m always going to admit when I was wrong. Second, I’ll always apologize. Always. I think that’s a leader that Americans, regardless of their orientation, should demand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Phillip Huffines said:

Mr. Ward,

What legislation will you look to enact to protect the LGBT community?

I’d like to codify sexual orientation and expression into the Civil Rights Act. The courts have ruled that this applies, but the law should reflect that in black and white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Ward, 

Your commitment to LGBT rights is well noted, however it seems that your vocal leftward shift is because you're running for President. Where were you when both parties opposed basic human rights for the LGBT community? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cardinalfan9 said:

Mr. Ward, 

Your commitment to LGBT rights is well noted, however it seems that your vocal leftward shift is because you're running for President. Where were you when both parties opposed basic human rights for the LGBT community? 

Probably in college hanging out with all sorts of people

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2018 at 4:08 PM, Jsawrie said:

I’d like to codify sexual orientation and expression into the Civil Rights Act. The courts have ruled that this applies, but the law should reflect that in black and white

Based on what exactly? Why should someones behavioral choices be treated the same as being black, or coming from China, IE things they have no control over. Aren't you simply overcorrecting to placate to a liberal SJW crowd that will never stop? Would you say the same for transgenderism as well? What about humans who think they're dolphins? What about short Chinese ladies who think they are 7ft albinos?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Pizzuto said:

Based on what exactly? Why should someones behavioral choices be treated the same as being black, or coming from China, IE things they have no control over. Aren't you simply overcorrecting to placate to a liberal SJW crowd that will never stop? Would you say the same for transgenderism as well? What about humans who think they're dolphins? What about short Chinese ladies who think they are 7ft albinos?

 

At the risk of losing the transpecies or trans height communities, I think there’s a line somewhere. Attraction is not something that is flexible. A person loves who they love. The line is drawn where discrimination exists. It is by no means acceptable to fire an employee, deny someone housing, or their equal access to education because of their sexual identity. Otherwise, we are calling people to deny who they truly are in order to fully function in society. I am currently the only candidate to have offer this part of my platform up as legislation already. I am the proactive progressive candidate on this side of the aisle. I can push legislation through

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/20/2018 at 9:07 PM, Jsawrie said:

At the risk of losing the transpecies or trans height communities, I think there’s a line somewhere. Attraction is not something that is flexible. A person loves who they love. The line is drawn where discrimination exists. It is by no means acceptable to fire an employee, deny someone housing, or their equal access to education because of their sexual identity. Otherwise, we are calling people to deny who they truly are in order to fully function in society. I am currently the only candidate to have offer this part of my platform up as legislation already. I am the proactive progressive candidate on this side of the aisle. I can push legislation through

 

your SJW meter is already at 100%.........so why are you still pandering so much to only that group?

 

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change +1 -3 0 +1 +1 +5 +2 +5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×