TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Jsawrie

Ward Unveils Civil Rights Expansion Act

Calvin Ward

Calvin Ward made the following remarks in Little Rock on the Capital Steps

”A few moments ago, I submitted a piece of legislation that is designed to include the LGBT community in the Civil Rights Acts of 1964. For decades the LGBT community has fought for equal treatment under the law. Men and women have marched, demonstrated, and demonstrated for this equality. Tonight we take a step to give it to them. 

I want to make something very clear. This is not in a way to bind up the conscience of anyone’s religious beliefs. Ministers will still have protection to preach freely. That is not the aim of this bill. I do not believe that government has the keys of the kingdom to bind religious truths. This bill only codifies that people cannot be forced from their homes, their schools, their places of employment, or discriminated against insofar as the civil law is concerned. 

I urge the Speaker, Dylan Macmillan to take up this legislation on the next docket. To give the LGBT community their day in the dock, and to pass this common sense legislation as fast as reason would allow. Thank you”

View full PR

13 hours ago, Jsawrie said:

Calvin Ward

Calvin Ward made the following remarks in Little Rock on the Capital Steps

”A few moments ago, I submitted a piece of legislation that is designed to include the LGBT community in the Civil Rights Acts of 1964. For decades the LGBT community has fought for equal treatment under the law. Men and women have marched, demonstrated, and demonstrated for this equality. Tonight we take a step to give it to them. 

I want to make something very clear. This is not in a way to bind up the conscience of anyone’s religious beliefs. Ministers will still have protection to preach freely. That is not the aim of this bill. I do not believe that government has the keys of the kingdom to bind religious truths. This bill only codifies that people cannot be forced from their homes, their schools, their places of employment, or discriminated against insofar as the civil law is concerned. 

I urge the Speaker, Dylan Macmillan to take up this legislation on the next docket. To give the LGBT community their day in the dock, and to pass this common sense legislation as fast as reason would allow. Thank you”

View full PR

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -3 -5 -2 +1 +2 +5 +3 +5

Sign in to follow this