TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Doomhammer

Mike Solin - Southern Tour - Birmingham, Alabama

Hello Alabamians!

An important message in my campaign is to have a much more thorough economic plans and strategies than before.  We follow this plan worked on by fellow democrats over the last decade with a college affordability plan where we will spend about $35 billion a year to refinance student debt and pay states to guarantee tuition, a national infrastructure plan to spend $27.5 billion a year to improve the nation’s transportation, internet, and water systems, and expanded childcare plan and Early Education Plan by giving states $27.5 billion dollars to expand Early Head Start and provide preschool to four-year-olds.  We will expand the individuals with Disables Education Act with $16.6 billion a year to treat children with disabilities as well as institute an energy plan targeting $9 billion a year to repair oil pipelines and reduce carbon emissions. 

I want to address how important it is to establish a national infrastructure plan.  Fixing our nations transportation, highways, roads, internet, and water systems should be a top priority that gets ignored.  My administration is won't ignore this.  We saw what happened in Flint, Michigan a couple years ago.  Flint was no the only city in the country with lead in their water or experiencing a water crisis.  We need to be more astute to the problems facing poor Americans.  Many members of congress are really quick to react to the needs of billionaires and millionaires who write them a paycheck every election season, but they often neglect the needs of the many Americans who need their leaders to step up.  We are a 1st world nation, yet our citizens have to deal with lead in their water.  It is abhorrent.

So you want to bail out students who made stupid mistakes with their education, why not morgage forgiveness for people who bought homes they couldn't afford? Because it's clear what you're talking about is a path to consequence free college tuition.

21 hours ago, Pizzuto said:

So you want to bail out students who made stupid mistakes with their education, why not morgage forgiveness for people who bought homes they couldn't afford? Because it's clear what you're talking about is a path to consequence free college tuition.

I would not say pursuing an education is a "stupid mistake."  Nearly 30 years ago, total college expenses would average around $39,643 where today it is $103,616.  Student loan interest rates are as high as 6.8% which is awfully high and is essentially forcing students to enter long term debt to achieve the careers of their dreams.

There are several issues.  First, this hurts the economy.  When millions of young people are burdened with debt, they have less money to spend on building their lives.  When they are paying of debt, they cannot contribute to the private sector and boost our economy.  Second, the interest rates need to drop so that loans are more affordable.  My economic plan has a few methods to address this.

Lastly, our country has had tax payers bail out various huge hedge fund companies and big businesses for "stupid mistakes" and running their companies to the ground.  The result was huge bonuses for their upper level managers.  Why is it that we can bail out big businesses but not our youth's future?

On 5/20/2018 at 8:26 PM, Doomhammer said:

I would not say pursuing an education is a "stupid mistake."  Nearly 30 years ago, total college expenses would average around $39,643 where today it is $103,616.  Student loan interest rates are as high as 6.8% which is awfully high and is essentially forcing students to enter long term debt to achieve the careers of their dreams.

There are several issues.  First, this hurts the economy.  When millions of young people are burdened with debt, they have less money to spend on building their lives.  When they are paying of debt, they cannot contribute to the private sector and boost our economy.  Second, the interest rates need to drop so that loans are more affordable.  My economic plan has a few methods to address this.

Lastly, our country has had tax payers bail out various huge hedge fund companies and big businesses for "stupid mistakes" and running their companies to the ground.  The result was huge bonuses for their upper level managers.  Why is it that we can bail out big businesses but not our youth's future?

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -2 -2 -2 -2 -1 +2 +1 +2