TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Doomhammer

Mike Solin Fires Back About Gay Discrimination

Mike Solin

Mike Solin makes a statement about the constitution and gay marriage.

Lets calm down the semantics regarding the right wing's exaggerated claims about how they perceive the Democratic platform doesn't support the first amendment and educate them a little bit.  The first amendment states, "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."  I believe the issue we face with what the Democrats such as myself are claiming has to do with congress making no law respecting an establishment of religion while Republicans are arguing for the or congress making no law prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

Public Religion Research Institute found that 10 percent of Americans believe business owners should be able to refuse to serve black people if they see that as a violation of their religious beliefs.  Is that religious freedom protected under the first amendment or is that racial discrimination?  Lets say a Jew walks into a restaurant and has a seat.  He grabs a menu but is told to leave because the owner believes he is "unclean".  Is the owner protected under religious freedom or is he demonstrating antisemitism?  If a woman gets denied a cake at a bakery because the owner believes in his faith that women should not speak unless spoken too, is that protected under religious freedom, too?  

You can hide behind your religion if you wish, but your freedom of religion is only protected so long as your actions do not infringe upon someone else's freedom.  This nation does protects your right to believe in whatever religion you want, but it does not protect hateful or discriminatory actions nor does it protect against the life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness of other people because of that religion.  According to my fellow Republicans, my campaign manager who insists on working on the Sabbath should be put to death as it is clearly stated in Exodus 35:2. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself or will you take care of that for me?  Is that acceptable under the free exercise of religion?  Here's one that's really important to all the sports fans in this country: touching the skin of a dead pig makes one unclean. Leviticus 11:7 If they promise to wear gloves can the New England Patriots still play football? Can Ohio State? Can my friends and I, in my own back yard?  Is it okay if a church organizes a stoning party for every woman who has ever had sex outside of marriage as stated in Deuteronomy 22: 20-21?

Do not hide discriminatory laws behind the first amendment or claim religious freedom when the actions are clearly prohibiting the freedoms and rights of others.  The first amendment is important and will still be protected but the fourteenth amendment is also relevant where it states, " No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States."  Stop judging and start loving.  This country needs a President and a leader with a backbone to stand up against those who wish to discriminate.  I will be that leader.

View full PR

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Doomhammer said:

Mike Solin

Mike Solin makes a statement about the constitution and gay marriage.

View full PR

very harsh language.......and comparing conscience exceptions to Nazis and segregationists does not help at all. 

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 +10 +10 +10

9 hours ago, Shiggy said:

very harsh language.......and comparing conscience exceptions to Nazis and segregationists does not help at all. 

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
Change -10 -10 -10 -10 -10 +10 +10 +10

I get the drastic drop with Republican affinities as this was intended to light a fire.  Why are the moderate liberals unhappy with this?  I am intentionally coming out strongly against discrimination and saying that religious freedom that discriminates or harms other peoples freedom isn't protected in the 1st amendment.

5 minutes ago, Doomhammer said:

I get the drastic drop with Republican affinities as this was intended to light a fire.  Why are the moderate liberals unhappy with this?  I am intentionally coming out strongly against discrimination and saying that religious freedom that discriminates or harms other peoples freedom isn't protected in the 1st amendment.

It had a lot to do with your tone and your comparing a Christian who does not want to decorate a gay-themed wedding cake to a Nazi and a lynch mob. 

As I said in demchat........Moderates would have liked your bill and your message if you were not against conscience exceptions. They agree about having this anti-discrimination legislation, but are not as radical to demean and attack any conscientious objector as being a literally nazi jew-hater or a skinhead lynch mob.  

Just now, Shiggy said:

It had a lot to do with your tone and your comparing a Christian who does not want to decorate a gay-themed wedding cake to a Nazi and a lynch mob. 

As I said in demchat........Moderates would have liked your bill and your message if you were not against conscience exceptions. They agree about having this anti-discrimination legislation, but are not as radical to demean and attack any conscientious objector as being a literally nazi jew-hater or a racist lynch mob.  

So moderates care mostly about the tone.  I guess that is the consequence of taking the attack dog mentality. 

The funny thing about this post was it had less to do with the bill in the house and more to do to a response to a question in one of my town halls.  Pizzuto had a question about do I agree with the religious freedom in the first amendment?' when I answered he gave a classic response of "So you do not"  So I wanted to clear that up and saw Republicans commented about religious freedom.  I didn't really care about the cake issue at all.  Now I need to since that is the unintended intention of this.  lol

1 minute ago, Doomhammer said:

So moderates care mostly about the tone.  I guess that is the consequence of taking the attack dog mentality. 

The funny thing about this post was it had less to do with the bill in the house and more to do to a response to a question in one of my town halls.  Pizzuto had a question about do I agree with the religious freedom in the first amendment?' when I answered he gave a classic response of "So you do not"  So I wanted to clear that up and saw Republicans commented about religious freedom.  I didn't really care about the cake issue at all.  Now I need to since that is the unintended intention of this.  lol

exactly.....the tone.......

Without the harsh language, it would have been loved by moderates.

2 minutes ago, Doomhammer said:

Essentially calling all Christians who disagree on gay marriage skinheads and Nazis made you a household name in papers across the country.....but also made you look very far left. 

Sign in to follow this