TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Will Conway

Conway Says "No" To ANY Further Tax on Motor Vehicles

Responding to some back-and-forth between Democrats and Republicans on motor vehicle taxes, Republican Senator and Candidate for President Will Conway had this to say:

"I have already expressed by opposition to the President's imposition of a 25% tariff on cars imported from other  countries where they had been built.  I must also express my opposition to the 5% tax proposed by Congressman and Democratic Presidential candidate Calvin Ward on motor vehicles that do not average 25 miles per gallon.  Both ideas raise the price of motor vehicles, which has a disproportionate effect on the middle class.  Concerning the green tax Congressman Ward proposes, I would respond that the best way to encourage better gas mileage is to simply let the market work.  We have made great progress in reducing emissions from motor vehicles already, and advancing technology will allow us to make even more progress.  We do not need to increase the cost of motor vehicles which cost quite enough when they appear in the dealer's showrooms at it is.  

As President, I will oppose any measures that further increase the cost of new cars, SUVs, mini-vans, trucks, you name it."

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW PRO EN
GRADE  -1 0 2 2 2 0 0 -1

Well, Senator Conway stakes out a position that is sure to please the business community and angers the environmental lobby (as you can see). But it is an appealing statement to those Americans who are buying cars and like the idea of cheaper cars. Decent argument, good populist pitch, and well written. The NAT types aren't happy of course. But it's a very Romney Republican PR. 

Sign in to follow this