TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Will Conway

Conway Reacts to the Final Primary Results

Republican Senator and Presidential Candidate Will Conway addressed supporters at the conclusion of the Republican Primaries:

"Well,  my friends, what a ride it has been.  We started out with a roar, didn't we?  And we won so many states and over 1200 delegates.  

But we just fell short ... the final results confirm it.  Dylan MacMillan will be the nominee of our party.  I congratulate him for his victory and wish him God's blessings in the campaign to come against Congressman Ward.  Congressman Ward is a good Christian man and a good friend of mine, and certainly he has the character to be a good President, but at the end of the day I am a Republican and will support the Republican ticket because we are the party of real reform on health care, education, and entitlements.

I am looking forward to the convention to come, to continue to advocate for the vision that has driven our campaign and that belong at the center of the Republican campaign to come.  I am proud that our campaign has been about ideas, and let me assert my firm belief that ideas must remain at the center of our appeal to the people.  

My friends, I would not have come this far without the unending love and support of my lovely wife and children and my friends back in Florida, and the many friends we made during this campaign.  Next to God himself, you have been my strength when I have been weak.  You have rejoiced with me when there was reason to rejoice, and you have mourned with me when it has been time to mourn.  I cannot but express my incredible gratitude and affection for Shane Benzley, who rejected the herd mentality of so many and bravely supported this campaign.  Thank you, Shane, and God bless you for your help and your friendship.

To all of my fellow Republicans who are watching me tonight, whether you rejoice or whether you mourn, let us take this time to reflect on this campaign, and then let us determine to come together, united on a platform we can be proud of, ready for the campaign to come.

Thank you for your love and support.  And may God bless you, may God bless the Republican Party, and may God bless the United States of America."

Sign in to follow this