TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 5 Announcements

Going into Round 5, I am looking to bring on at least two more admins. If you're interested, please send me a PM listing your govsim and RL qualifications and if there are any major game areas that you'd be more interested in running than others. I'd like to have the full team in place within just a couple days, so please contact me ASAP if interested.

Please join me in welcoming @David Parker and @Jonathan to the admin team! Parker will be working on foreign policy scenarios while Jonathan will be doing things on the domestic front. Stay tuned for a formal list of admin duties.

Rules changes to Round 5

• Elimination of Event Cards
  • Momentum is now awarded as a result of good gameplay (similar to when your affinity ratings change as a result of PRs, debate, etc)
  • Each player will receive weekly approval ratings 
  • Restructured lobbyist system
  • Scandals will no longer be part of the character creation process but can be submitted as a PM to Richard
  • There are also election rule changes coming, but I'll let Richard announce those

A couple notes on the new approval ratings:

• This was a short week with not a ton going on so many of you saw a dip in your ratings. Nothing to be alarmed about.
  • I suspect that it will take a couple weeks for a new character's numbers to stabilize. This may lead to your numbers fluctuating a bit.
  • Remember that this is a somewhat new system so I welcome feedback.

Please see Bruce's note above about fluxuations in some character numbers this week.

So one thing I'm going to try to accomplish this round is giving some targeted feedback with regard to how debate went on particular bills and Amendments. It's going to work like this: I'm going to read debate in Congress on particular bills. I'm going to try to come at the debate from the lens of both highly partisan and independent minded citizens and media. And once debate is over I'm going to try to give feedback on which side (or which member), was particularly convincing in the debate.

Most of the time it's going to break down along party lines: "Democrats did a fantastic job providing the argument as to why this form of gun control is effective.", sometimes it's going to break down ideologically, "The populist fire breathing attacking corporate CEO salaries was unconvincing because it never addressed X", and sometimes I'll single out particular members of Congress, "Representative Pizzuto really led the charge on getting rid of Obamacare and laid out a pretty devastating case as to why it needs to happen."

This will have a VERY small impact on general popular opinion. This will have a VERY small impact on how the Senate might view a particular issue. This will have a VERY small impact on, say, the popularity polls for a particular Representative.

And before you ask, no, you can not ask me to comment on particular debates. I will choose them on my own without any player involvement because sometimes the zeitgiest picks up on things in a way that feels like it has little rhyme or reason (even if we all know better!).

Edited by Pizzuto
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this