TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 5 Announcements

I spoke to @Macmillan this morning and he is having computer issues. We mutually agreed to have Fitz finish out the term while he's getting his computer fixed. It's my hope that Mac will return when he can, he's a valuable member of the community. But for now, he is signed out and @TexAgRepublican is sworn in as the 46th President of the United States.

I've made a small edit to the activity requirements in the game guide, adding the bolded language below:

If a player goes an entire Congressional session without making an IC post or does not visit the website for at least 1 RL month, his or her character(s) will be removed from the game and their Congressional seat will become available to new players.

A couple quick things:

1. It has come to my attention that it was not correctly enforced last round, so I'll make an announcement for those that may be unaware. You are not permitted to transfer funds from one character you control to another. To allow this opens a huge loophole that would allow someone to game the system with fundraisers, so it is being enforced.
  2. In enforcement of the announcement in the previous post, characters controlled by the following folks are removed from the game for inactivity: @Keynes @Morgan @BlueDogTexan @Robert Allen @Sovereign @Junkyard Cat @Violet Dominguez (Jumping the gun by a day or 2 on Jelly. If she comes back before the 7th she can take her characters back including their warchests.) Characters controlled by these players that are Senate candidates will remain on the ballot, they'll just be treated as NPCs.

The story linked below in Blue Mountain News is completely retconned. This means it is as if it never happened IC. This story and all IC comments on it are to be ignored. I accept responsibility for not having clear rules for player media, but this situation has motivated me to finally address the player media system. In the coming days I will be completely revamping the media system so stay tuned for that.

Just so we're all on the same page, this story is not within the rules of the game because it engages in metagaming. Players are only permitted to control characters that they have created. This is especially true when it comes to journalist characters -- you should never create fake sources without first speaking to an admin.

With the conclusion of the midterm elections, the 116th Congress is now open for business. Any bills not heard by the House last session can be brought up, there's no need to reintroduce anything. 

Because there are only Democratic Senators, I'm worried it'll be a snooze fest with just bluecoats debating with themselves. Therefore, I'm going to allow a Republican to create a Senate multi to replace John McCain in the 116th Senate with a couple stipulations:

• The Senator cannot run for President in 2020
  • Mitch McConnell will be SML and Chuck Grassley will be PPT. Either @Jonathan or I will act as presiding officer
  • The Senator can participate in debate, including the public debate of press releases and the overall spin battle, but is not permitted to offer amendments or motions during debate
  • The Senator will carry 100% of his Republican NPC colleagues with him on every vote
  • The Republican player should not be POTUS, VPOTUS, or a member of House leadership

I'll leave it to @James Grant to name the person allowed to create the Arizona senate multi.

A couple things:

• @Sizey has been signed out for inactivity. POTUS can appoint a new AG if he wishes
  • @Chris is on LOA until early October. I'll be taking over his duties for the time being.
  • I'll also be taking over the duties of @Pizzuto & @David Parker . They'll remain advisors unless they decide to play again, but they won't have any official duties. The admin team duties thread has been updated. Obviously I'm taking on a lot for now so please be patient with me.

A few announcements regarding player media:

1. Everyone with White House masking now has access to view the media management forum, particularly the news wire. This forum is where media characters receive breaking news alerts. WH members have access to this information but still cannot post news without an approved media character.
  2. Articles posted in the news forum no longer needs to be approved by an admin, though obviously journalistic integrity is still enforced.
  3. It's time to promote a few media entities out of Tier 1. This will be updated weekly (likely at the same time as approval ratings.)
  4. Remember that media characters are permitted to hold campaign rallies during all election turns, including mid-session schedules.

I'm happy to announce that @Shiggy is returning to the admin team to get us back up to speed.

Applications for new admins are now open. If you're interested, please send me a PM listing your govsim and RL qualifications and if there are any major game areas that you'd be more interested in running than others. 

@Chris is resigning from the AB. Please join me in thanking him for his service to the game.

Stay tuned for a gameplan moving forward. 

I'm very grateful to announce that @Conrad and @Batman are joining the admin team. Both folks come in with a ton of govsim experience in this game and others. Over the coming days you should expect an additional announcement of updated admin roles. Please bear with us while we're getting everything up to speed. 

Hello all,

just so you know I am gonna be sparsely active tomorrow so if you have any questions or concerns please telegram me but there are a couple changes I wanted to make y'all aware of lobby wise 

1) PAC conferences and events will become more frequent (probs once every other week) and more will be added post elections

2) PACs will be in contact with parties and individuals more frequently to try and bribe persuade you to see things there way

3) There will be a topic in each WR where you can ask PACs opinions on bills you wish to introduce BEFORE you do so or on an issue of the day

4) You may see on a couple bills in the house hopper as well as Shiggy's masterful grading there is a Lobbyist Review post, there Lobbyists review your bills AFTER they have been submitted, they may offer money for the bills to be stopped or to be signed into law, but primarily it gives the author an indication of where they stand with a PAC. Have a lot of positive reviews from a PAC you can earn money and endorsement, earn a lot of negative comments from a PAC and well..... they won't be nice to you come election season. And these reviews will be based on the bill itself AND your affiliations grade.

5) PACs are going to be more involved in elections with the ability to run ads for and against candidates, more details about this to come as Tedder and I brainstorm but ideas are welcome on this.

6) More exciting stuff from PACs are on the horizon so please stay tuned, and as I said before I'll be in and out tomorrow so I'll try and answer questions and concerns as soon as I can so please feel free to TG me with any questions and concerns thank you.

• Like 2

For my own sanity (being the White House admin), all administration officials shall be in game as they are in real life right now, except where the President has nominated a player to take that position. This will be regarded as the official source for the purposes of in game investigations or other actions taken by players.

For example, the Director of the CIA, in the absence of a player appointee shall be Gina Haspel, who is currently CIA Director in real life.

I plan on introducing a budget system after the 2020 Presidential Election. As you all know, in this session we have lacked any type of budget system. It won't be detailed and won't require 10 to 15 appropriation bills. Players will use in real life (the latest budget data) to plan a budget for the in game situation, accounting for a higher GDP and other different economic indicators that I will release closer to the time. 

• Like 1

If anyone would like to submit a brief supporting the merger of Verizon and Sprint, then you may do so by informing me by PM. Deadline is 14th of October at 11.59PM EST.

^^^ See important announcement above, also I didn't make this clear but anyone regardless of whether or not they are running for office (Senate, or Pres) can speak at CPAC or LPAC

The piece from APR is retconned for metagaming. Any mention of the passage in question in other media would also be "Nope, didn't happen".

I have deleted some posts from the Fact Check thread, it is for asking questions regarding IC matters to the AB, not for debate or commentary.

• Like 2

Now that we have a full AB running at full steam, I want to take a look on ways to improve and potentially automate a lot of the affinity ratings system we have. Therefore I'm trading grading momentum with @Shiggy. Don't expect to see a lot of changes, the new system will likely not go into place until next round. 

However, there is a small change being made. Each RL week, all characters' affinity ratings will deteriorate by 5%. This should make things more realistic, including for inactive players.

Sign in to follow this