TedderVision
Dogslife

Blue Mountain News with Robert Powell

Blue Mountain News (BMN) with Robert Powell is the #1 source for liberal news in the Rocky Mountain area. If anyone would like to be interviewed all government officials of either party are welcome.

Hello folks and welcome to the first edition of The Blue Mountain News. Today we are here to talk about the opening of congress. Multiple members of congress are rushing to submit bills. A surprising majority however are democrats. This is mainly surprising because the democrats are in the minority. We first turn to presumptive DNC Chairwoman Evelyn Vanderfleet of California. Vanderfleet has introduced nearly 10 bipartisan bills ranging from sex trafficking to an opioid bill. It looks like the minority will be getting a lot done this session. Other bills the minority has presented include the COINS Act which could mean a change to the way everyday monetary exchanges are handled. The bill discontinues the production of the penny but keeps them as legal tender. Will any of these blue bills make it to the house floor? Will the GOP look past partisan gridlock? We will not know until congress officially opens for business but one thing we can confirm, it will be a wild year and The Blue Mountain News will be here to cover it all. Thanks for watching.

12 hours ago, Dogslife said:

Hello folks and welcome to the first edition of The Blue Mountain News. Today we are here to talk about the opening of congress. Multiple members of congress are rushing to submit bills. A surprising majority however are democrats. This is mainly surprising because the democrats are in the minority. We first turn to presumptive DNC Chairwoman Evelyn Vanderfleet of California. Vanderfleet has introduced nearly 10 bipartisan bills ranging from sex trafficking to an opioid bill. It looks like the minority will be getting a lot done this session. Other bills the minority has presented include the COINS Act which could mean a change to the way everyday monetary exchanges are handled. The bill discontinues the production of the penny but keeps them as legal tender. Will any of these blue bills make it to the house floor? Will the GOP look past partisan gridlock? We will not know until congress officially opens for business but one thing we can confirm, it will be a wild year and The Blue Mountain News will be here to cover it all. Thanks for watching.

Vanderfleet Momentum: 2

Vanderfleet:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 0 0 0 2 2 0 0 0
  • Thanks 1

Hello and welcome back to the Blue Mountain News. Interesting news out of Washington today with democrats proving to be more and more bipartisan. This time leadership from the democrats co-sponsoring a bill introduced by Rhode Island Representative, Brianna O’Dwyer. The bill is a great deal for veterans and has the potential to save many lives. Strangely no other republicans have co-sponsored the bill but the bipartisan effort lead by O’Dwyer, Vanderfleet, Ward, Alexander, and Thomas are a definite sign that a change could be coming to capital hill. A change that could bring congress to complete actual work that will help all Americans. Thank you for listening, I’m your host, Robert Powell, goodnight.

Welcome back once again. Today we are here to talk about pennies. Recently, representative John Alexander of Colorado introduced a bill that will stop the minting of pennies. He gives good reason for this. The main reason is that they cost more to make then they are worth. Everyone knows the penny is worth 1 cent. But the copper and zinc used to make 1 penny costs 1.7 cents. Every time a penny is made the American taxpayer suffers. If 10,000 pennies are minted, Americans loose $7,000. And let’s be honest here, when was the last time you used a penny to but something? Never, right? They are a worthless weight dragging down the economy. People also worry about prices being rounded up to the nearest 5 cents. So that $0.99 is now costing $1.00. Multiple countries such as Canada have gotten rid of the penny and the economic toll was nonexistent. This discussion can get very heated though. The Vice President recently tweeted, “You know your party has run out of ideas when one of your top priorities is getting rid of the penny. “ Representative Alexander, the sponsor of the bill fired back by saying that the Vice President does not care about taxpayers. Frankly, I agree. If the VP thinks it doesn’t matter that Americans are loosing thousands of dollars a day on worthless lumps of zinc and copper, then why is he Vice President. But I want to hear from you Americans, go to my website and vote on if you think the creation of the penny should be stopped. Until next time, I’m Robert Powell, goodnight.

OOC: Can we run a poll from this IC to see what numbers there are IG?

22 hours ago, Dogslife said:

Hello and welcome back to the Blue Mountain News. Interesting news out of Washington today with democrats proving to be more and more bipartisan. This time leadership from the democrats co-sponsoring a bill introduced by Rhode Island Representative, Brianna O’Dwyer. The bill is a great deal for veterans and has the potential to save many lives. Strangely no other republicans have co-sponsored the bill but the bipartisan effort lead by O’Dwyer, Vanderfleet, Ward, Alexander, and Thomas are a definite sign that a change could be coming to capital hill. A change that could bring congress to complete actual work that will help all Americans. Thank you for listening, I’m your host, Robert Powell, goodnight.

O'Dwyer: 

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Dogslife said:

Welcome back once again. Today we are here to talk about pennies. Recently, representative John Alexander of Colorado introduced a bill that will stop the minting of pennies. He gives good reason for this. The main reason is that they cost more to make then they are worth. Everyone knows the penny is worth 1 cent. But the copper and zinc used to make 1 penny costs 1.7 cents. Every time a penny is made the American taxpayer suffers. If 10,000 pennies are minted, Americans loose $7,000. And let’s be honest here, when was the last time you used a penny to but something? Never, right? They are a worthless weight dragging down the economy. People also worry about prices being rounded up to the nearest 5 cents. So that $0.99 is now costing $1.00. Multiple countries such as Canada have gotten rid of the penny and the economic toll was nonexistent. This discussion can get very heated though. The Vice President recently tweeted, “You know your party has run out of ideas when one of your top priorities is getting rid of the penny. “ Representative Alexander, the sponsor of the bill fired back by saying that the Vice President does not care about taxpayers. Frankly, I agree. If the VP thinks it doesn’t matter that Americans are loosing thousands of dollars a day on worthless lumps of zinc and copper, then why is he Vice President. But I want to hear from you Americans, go to my website and vote on if you think the creation of the penny should be stopped. Until next time, I’m Robert Powell, goodnight.

OOC: Can we run a poll from this IC to see what numbers there are IG?

Alexander:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 0 0 2 1 1 0 0 0
  • Thanks 1

P: Hello and welcome to The Blue Mountain News Network, I’m your host, Robert Powell, today we have Representative Beau Thomas of Texas with us, thanks for coming Mr. Thomas. @BlueDogTexan

T: I think My pleasure, Robert. Thanks for having me.

P: So you’re from a pretty Red district down in Texas, how do you plan to keep your seat come next election?

T: The people of my district, the 23rd, are looking for solutions to problems. They have a reputation of voting for both Democrats and Republicans. This time around, they chose me, a proud democrat. They knew my record as Sheriff of Hidalgo Country and my church attendance as exemplary, I represent their values, at the end of the day, that's the kind of Congressman they deserve. The Democratic Party is the party of ranchers, farmers, teachers, anyone who works hard for a living. My district is also heavily rural and we are the party of agriculture.

P: That’s very noble congressman. So do you consider yourself a moderate or a hardcore progressive?

T: I consider myself a Blue Dog Democrat. A Democrat that supports good paying jobs for all, the right to an affordable education, one that is fiscally responsible, one that supports civil rights for all, special privileges for none, and one that supports ending corporate influence in government.

P: So a hotly debated issue lately is that of the penny and if we should stop making more of them. How do you feel about that issue?

T: I feel that this issue is a non-starter, one that was proposed as an easy, non-ideological bill that would offend no one. Turns out, it offends everyone. I don't support ending the production of pennies, they do add up in my change jar on my dresser, speaking of which, I better take that to the bank tomorrow.  "chuckles*

P: Interesting. It seems like the rest of the party disagrees. Would you maybe change positions if it came to a floor vote?

T: I have no vested interest in it, so I'm afraid not. My party is aware of my disagreements on the "penny ban", there's plenty of other bills that we've introduced that I'm very enthused about.

P: Bills such as?

T: Douglass–Puerto Rico Admissions Act
HR 2724 - Solitary Confinement Reform Act
National Sick Day Law       Educating Tomorrow's Workforce Act of 2017

P: If I’m not mistake the first one admits Puerto Rico to the union as the 51st state correct?

T: That is correct.

P: Why do you personally think Puerto Rico should gain statehood

T: Like every territory which has become a state, Puerto Rico would be in a stronger economic position. Jobs for local people will come naturally as Puerto Rico rebuilds. Being part of the larger U.S. economy will increase tourism, entrepreneurship, and investment in business in Puerto Rico. Instead of having to rely on self-destructive tax loopholes, Puerto Rico will have the same opportunities for growth the other states have. Puerto Rico will have full representation in the U.S. legislature, with the ability to vote on laws that affect Puerto Rico. Residents of Puerto Rico will be able to vote in presidential elections, as well as in elections for senators and congresspeople. Full participation in the democratic process will be available to all residents of Puerto Rico. With increased power and prosperity, Puerto Rico will bring greater benefits to the United States as a whole, as every territory has done when it has become a state.

P: Excellently said congressman. Well that’s all the time we have. Questions for the viewer to consider, should all Americans have access to the same voting rights? Should Puerto Rican’s be able to choose representatives to vote for laws that apply to them? I think yes. But that’s up to you and up to the majority in Congress. Thank you, I’m Robert Powell, this has been BMN, goodnight.

Edited by Dogslife
  • Like 2

P: Hello and welcome to Blue Mountain News, I’m your host, Robert Powell and today we have Representative Arnold Vinick of Wisconsin. Thanks for coming mr Vinick @Chris

V: Thank you for having me Robert. I’ve been following your show and you have done some great work. It is a true honor to be here.

P: Thank you. It’s an honor to have you. So let’s get right into shall we. Recently your party has introduced a resolution to pull the troops from Afghanistan. Why do you think we should do this?

V: We have had our troops in Afghanistan for way to long and it is time to bring our people home. We can not continue to be the police of the world and this is an internal matter of Afghanistan. I support this bill as it brings our men and women home by Christmas. It is time that we put America first. We should be funding initiatives here at home. Initiatives that make our country better such as education, Medicare, and our economy. Once we scale back our place in Afghanistan we can do these things.

P: What will Congress do if the president does not comply with this resolution? Assuming it passes.

V: I am optimistic that this resolution will pass both chambers and if the President chooses to continue to put our soldiers in harms way he will have to answer to the American people not Congress.

P: What is the plan for after we leave? Will we still train Afghans?

V: The plan after we leave should be an American first approach. We have been training the the Afghan army for a over a decade. One may wonder how additional training would change anything at this point. The Afghan army should be prepared to take control of their country.

P: What happens if they don’t ? What if the taliban comes back and takes over the country

V: To deal in what ifs to set foreign policy is a complex proposal. We can run through thousands of what ifs scenarios but here’s what we do know. If we base our exit strategy on what ifs we will be in Afghanistan for decades. We have been there been in country for 15 years and it is time to bring our people home.

P: Well that’s all the time we have today. Thank you for coming congressman.

V: Thank you Robert for having me.

P: I’m Robert Powell. This has been Blue Mountain News. Goodnight.

Hello and welcome to Blue Mountain News, I’m your host, Robert Powell. All lot happened recently in the news. Let’s get the first one, immigration. The Speaker of the House, Mr. Failhammer, excuse me, Faulhammer, is refusing to negotiate with the Democrats. He keeps on demanding that he get a wall. In my opinion he needs to get his head out of his, you know where, and start getting things done in Washington for once. He needs to accept that bipartisanship is required for congress to function. So far, it appears he doesn’t know this. President Macmillan thinks that being bipartisan means that only the other guy has to compromise. He’s vastly mistaken. Both parties must give and take. Something the democrats have done a good lot of.

Another thing that happened was an interesting spat on twitter between House Minority Whip John Alexander of Colorado and Ross Nicholson of Virginia. Nicholson went on a tangent about the dems wanting spending and yada yada yada and he said that it would cost money to stop making pennies. Alexander, the main sponsor of getting rid of the penny, then fired back by saying that pushing the off button doesn’t cost money. He’s right. Unless you’re paying the guy $400,000 a day then it not something our government can’t handle.

President Macmillan and his goons keep talking about his “mandate” from the American people. He must forget that every person currently in this Congress was given a “mandate” to serve their constituents. Each person in this government also took and oath. The President took and oath, the Speaker took and oath, the minority leader took and oath. An oath to protect and defend the constitution and these United States. Not to protect and defend their political parties. Even though the GOP is usually spun as the more constitutional party, the Democrats seem to be doing a lot more for these United States and the people who call it home. The president may veto bills if he chooses. But Faulhammer is still a representative. He is a member of this government. A government that is supposed to be for the people and by the people. Right now it appears that the GOP controlled government is made of Macmillan, run by Macmillan, and run for Macmillan. This concludes BMN, I’m Robert Powell, goodnight.

Mentioned: @Dogslife @Macmillan @Kurt Faulhammer

Edited by Dogslife

On 7/10/2018 at 5:21 PM, Dogslife said:

Hello and welcome to Blue Mountain News, I’m your host, Robert Powell. All lot happened recently in the news. Let’s get the first one, immigration. The Speaker of the House, Mr. Failhammer, excuse me, Faulhammer, is refusing to negotiate with the Democrats. He keeps on demanding that he get a wall. In my opinion he needs to get his head out of his, you know where, and start getting things done in Washington for once. He needs to accept that bipartisanship is required for congress to function. So far, it appears he doesn’t know this. President Macmillan thinks that being bipartisan means that only the other guy has to compromise. He’s vastly mistaken. Both parties must give and take. Something the democrats have done a good lot of.

Another thing that happened was an interesting spat on twitter between House Minority Whip John Alexander of Colorado and Ross Nicholson of Virginia. Nicholson went on a tangent about the dems wanting spending and yada yada yada and he said that it would cost money to stop making pennies. Alexander, the main sponsor of getting rid of the penny, then fired back by saying that pushing the off button doesn’t cost money. He’s right. Unless you’re paying the guy $400,000 a day then it not something our government can’t handle.

President Macmillan and his goons keep talking about his “mandate” from the American people. He must forget that every person currently in this Congress was given a “mandate” to serve their constituents. Each person in this government also took and oath. The President took and oath, the Speaker took and oath, the minority leader took and oath. An oath to protect and defend the constitution and these United States. Not to protect and defend their political parties. Even though the GOP is usually spun as the more constitutional party, the Democrats seem to be doing a lot more for these United States and the people who call it home. The president may veto bills if he chooses. But Faulhammer is still a representative. He is a member of this government. A government that is supposed to be for the people and by the people. Right now it appears that the GOP controlled government is made of Macmillan, run by Macmillan, and run for Macmillan. This concludes BMN, I’m Robert Powell, goodnight.

Mentioned: @Dogslife @Macmillan @Kurt Faulhammer

Macmillan Momentum: -2

Faulhammer Momentum: 1

Alexander Momentum: 1

Nicholson Momentum: 1

Hello everyone and welcome to Blue Mountain News, I’m your host, Robert Powell.

Today we will be talking about the immigration bill currently going through Congress. The Alexander Ammendment to the bill has passed. This ammendment effectively kills any plans to construct a new wall on the Mexican border, a big wish for the Majority. But what’s surprising is the vote numbers.192 democrats, all democrats, voted in favor. But another 60 republicans crossed the aisle including representative O’Dwyer. I can imagine party headquarters for the GOP right now and it’s not pretty. I for one think that O’Dwyer and the remainder of the 59 other republicans that voted against the wall should join the Democrats. The gop news network Breitbart already is ripping them for going against the party. What’s even more interesting however is the presidents response. Immeadiatly following the vote he issued an executive order to federalize aspects of the Arizona and Texas national guard to the Mexican border. As news reached the congressman in the chamber multiple representatives, including the minority’s whip and the minority leader shouted “condemn him.” What is the national guard going to do? Because the border isn’t all drug raids and gun fights. The majority of the time spent by border patrol agents is waiting in a hot, dry desert. When they do see action it’s usually just giving refugees blankets and transporting them to temporary holding areas. Not aiming guns and them until they go back to Mexico. This use of soldiers to guard a desert is a gross misuse of tax dollars by president Macmillan. On this house floor, the presidents goon, Nicholson said the Democrats we’re derailing the bill with getting rid of the wall. He said it went against Macs agenda and apparently because he was elected, all members of Congress should listen to him. He doesn’t realize that each member was elected too on their liberal or conservative platform. All 192 Democrats and 60 Republicans we’re elected democratically by their constituents. They have no duty to serve at the presidents will. The speaker and certain GOP members may praise Mac as a god but the rest of the dems and the 60 previously mentioned republicans praise their constituents as gods. Because in the end, in the people’s chamber it is the representatives of the people that will vote on laws. Not representives of the President or a political party. Lastly I would like to join congressman Vinick, Ward, and Alexander, 3 very honorable and trustworthy people, in condemning the Macmillan administration for using National guard troops on the border. He should withdraw them at once! Sorry, I got a little carried away. Well, as always, I’m Robert Powell, this has been Blue Mountain News, goodnight.