TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Faulhammer

Breitbart

Breitbart's Top Five Dumb Democrat Bills of the Week Awards

By Brandon Cooper

Hey there Breitbart readers, Brandon Cooper here coming at you with the first of several weekly column going we're going to be doing doing here at the website in the Macmillan era. We also have many upcoming interviews planned with the first one being my interview with Vice President Kyle Fitzgerald. Before we get onto this week's winners I just want to personally thank you all for the continued support you've given Breitbart. I've been here since the beginning and after eight years of Obama over with there is definitely reason to be optimistic.

Number 5: Our fifth place award winner goes out to the man behind the war on pennies himself Colorado Representative and Democratic Whip John Alexander. His bill "The COINS Act" is to stop making pennies altogether saying that each penny costs 1.7 cents to make being an enormous burden on the country. Little does he mention the cost of making nickels is 8 cents each. This punitive battle against small copper objects is a key part of the Democrat's 100 day alternative plan to actually make America great again. Not only does Alexander seek to fight the power, he seeks to fight the pennies. 

Number 4: Our fourth place award winner is another victory by Mr. John Alexander of Colorado. In his bill "The Clean Fire Act" he makes it illegal in any city with more than 30,000 people to have a fire inside or outside when it is below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Now apparently the police are suppose to charge people with crimes in the name of the climate change cult for trying to keep warm in the cold which it often is in Colorado. The repercussions of this bill would be bizarre and arbitrary. Another unnecessary government regulation like the cavalcade we saw under Obama with many potentially unseen issues in people's lives. It's the stupid regulation attrition of these kind of regulations that causes such slow GDP growth under Obama. Texas Representative Jack Swanner's "Regulatory Relief Act" bill cutting two government regulations for every one made would fix the problem.

Number 3: Our third place award winner is Washington Representative Arthur Callahan. His "Douglass-Puerto Rico Admissions Act" would be a step towards giving Welfare Island Puerto Rico statehood and giving the Democrats more guaranteed blue seats in the House and Senate to turn the whole country more like Puerto Rico. Who would have thought when your biggest employer is the government and government is driven bigger and bigger your society goes to the crapper?

Number 2: Our fourth place award winner is a man most known for sounding like a pig on TV Arkansas Representative and Democratic House Minority Leader Calvin Ward. This Bill Clinton clone's "American Infrastructure Expansion Act" looks to spend nearly $800 billion. The real kicker is he thinks a Capital Gains tax cut for earners making more than one million dollars a year from 20% currently to 17.5% will magically pay for the bill. This is the guy who lectures conservatives on fiscal responsibility. This supposed defender of the little guy is apparently not who he says he is and instead wants to saddle our kids with more debt like Obama did. I'd definitely like to see the CBO on that bill.

and the winner of the first week of Breitbart's Top Five Dumb Democrat Bills of the Week Awards is

Representative John Alexander of Colorado with three in the top five! Well done Mr. Alexander! Taking the top award his "Student Sleep Act" is a massive federal overreach into education by mandating all public schools in the country have to start after 9 AM. Such a bill would likely upset the schedules of millions of parents without a say in the matter on the local level whatsoever. The swift blade of one side fits all big government intrusion doesn't care in the name of "helping the children". When it comes to bills we really need in regards to the federal government's relationship with education, New York Representative Kurt Faulhammer's "Ending Common Core Act" to axe the disastrous Obama era federal government intrusion is what's truly needed.

And that's the awards for this week folks. See if next week Representative Alexander can maintain his throne on the top or if a new contender come for his title. Also stay tuned into Breitbart for tons of more content from the country's top conservative news website!

Edited by Kurt Faulhammer

Interview with Vice President Kyle Fitzgerald

By Brandon Cooper

Cooper: "Thank you for doing the interview Mr. Vice President the readers at Breitbart are eager to pick the mind of the new administration."

Fitzgerald: "Thank you for having me, Brandon."

Cooper: "My first couple of questions are in regards to the new party leadership. What do you think of Kurt Faulhammer becoming the new Speaker of the House?"

Fitzgerald: "I think he's a solid choice. I've already had the opportunity to work with him on this immigration bill. He's really hit the ground running. The President seems to like him too and that's really important."

Cooper: "What are your thoughts on John Andrews as RNC Chairman and Henry Jewel as House Majority Leader?"

Fitzgerald: "To be honest Brandon, I don't know as much about them. Remember, I'm new to Washington. I was the Lieutenant Governor of Texas before the election. Regardless, this administration is committed to working with whoever the party selects for leadership so that we can get things done for the American people. They are from Texas so that's a plus. I'm looking forward to getting to know them better. If the people of Texas sent them to Washington, they must be qualified."

Cooper: "Sounds good I agree as a Texan as well. I want to go back to the immigration bill that Speaker Faulhammer has announced. This is quite a big bill. Many things I like and some I dislike. Should conservatives be happy with it?"

Fitzgerald: "Conservatives should be absolutely thrilled with it. I consider myself a hardliner on immigration. I really do believe this is an issue that will determine the future of this country and the bill we have proposed does a lot of things that are desperately needed. I have a lot of experience as Lieutenant Governor trying to get legislation passed. Even in Texas as a Republican controlled legislature, we sometimes had to negotiate with different factions and interests within our own party to get something across the finish line. If we weren't willing to do that, we never would have even been able to pass a budget and keep the government open. This is a situation where if we aren't willing to make some very minor concessions, we would end up with nothing. When you look at what is in the bill, it's a no-brainer. Really this is like trading a 2nd round pick for Lebron James. Look at what the bill calls "physical barriers" but let's be honest, it's a wall. We get funding for all sorts of technology and equipment along the border. We get E-Verify. We get rid of the Diversity Lottery. We get rid of chain migration. It's a tough bill, but it's also a fair bill."

Cooper:"You bring up the concessions. My biggest issue with the bill and many of my readers agree we shouldn't be doing any amnesty. This bill extends amnesty to DACA recipients the product of an unconstitutional executive order under Obama. Why is it in there if we control the House, Senate, and White House?"

Fitzgerald:"Because this administration is transitioning to a merit based immigration system, and in that system I think it makes sense to keep the DACA kids. A lot of these young people are going to college or even grad school or medical school. Those are high skilled people who are doing the right things. The bill eliminates chain migration, so we don't have to worry about a DACA recipient sponsoring his or her entire extended family. This also isn't the DREAM Act that was introduced in previous sessions of Congress. This is much more limited in scope. I think it's a fair deal."

Cooper: "Moving on from immigration, let's talk about taxes. What is the administration's plans on that front for the foreseeable future?"

Fitzgerald:"We want to cut them."

Cooper:"Where are the priorities for these tax cuts? Is it something that's fiscally responsible right now?"

Fitzgerald:"Brandon, there is a lot of economic anxiety right now in this country. I think it's one of the reasons we won the election. We need to transition away from the high taxation of the Obama administration into pro-growth policies that will create jobs and put money back in the pockets of ordinary Americans. Congressional Republicans have introduced some great proposals to cut taxes, and we will be reviewing those proposals in the near future. We'll probably release a comprehensive plan pretty soon to deliver tax cuts for the American people. But for sure taxes for both individuals and corporations need to be lowered to grow our economy and make America more competitive globally."

Cooper:"I agree. Where is the administration at with healthcare? Obamacare is leaving a lot of people in rough shape."

Fitzgerald:"We need to repeal and replace. It's something the party has promised for years, and we need to follow through. This administration intends to follow through on that promise. I think we will release a bill real soon. We need a plan that makes healthcare truly affordable and accessible for as many Americans as possible."

Cooper:"On the issue of education what is the administration working on? Common Core repeal? School choice?"

Fitzgerald:"We need to get rid of Common Core, and legislation has already been introduced to do that. Education should be local. Local school boards, administrators, teachers, and parents are better suited to educate their own kids than Washington bureaucrats. On school choice, as you probably know Brandon this is a hot button issue back home and we never really got anything big done about it. I grew up in Hearne, a little town outside of Bryan-College Station. In Hearne and in a bunch of other little towns in Texas, the school district is the largest employer and not many private schools are setting up shop in little towns like Hearne. Most little towns are lucky to even have one private school that might go up to 5th or 8th grade. So there has to be a way to protect funding for rural schools. That's why the rural legislators tended to vote against it and I was never fully on board with the proposals I saw. But I support school choice in principle whether it's public school or private school or home school. Where possible and feasible, parents should have choices on how to educate their children and we should expand those choices and invest in the future of this country."

Cooper:"On the last policy issue I wanted to ask you about is trade. Many of my readers at Breitbart think that free trade agreements have destroyed the American manufacturing industry. Many also have ideological commitments to free trade. Where does the administration stand?"

Fitzgerald:"This administration supports free and fair trade. Look, we can't just stop trading with the rest of the world, but we can stop entering into these huge multi-lateral trade agreements like NAFTA. We always seem to get the short end of the stick in these things. In general, multi-lateral trade agreements with 3rd world countries is not ideal. They don't have the kind of labor standards or regulations that we can possibly compete with."

Cooper:"So will NAFTA be repealed?"

Fitzgerald:"I don't like NAFTA, and I personally think it was a mistake. But at this point, I think it would also be a mistake to outright repeal it. I think it needs to be renegotiated. Let's make it more fair. Remember Brandon, a lot of Texas businesses rely on NAFTA today.

Cooper:"Any final closing remarks you want to make to the readers at Breitbart Mr. Vice President?

Fitzgerald:"Brandon, I just want to thank you and everyone at Breitbart for what you do. Y'all are bringing relevancy to a lot of really important issues that weren't getting as much attention before."

Cooper:"Thank you for your time Mr. Vice President."

Fitzgerald:"Thank you, Brandon." 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Breitbart's Top Five Dumb Democrat Bills of the Week Awards

By Brandon Cooper

Alexander:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 0 -1 -2 -3 0 0 0 0

Callahan:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change -1 0 0 -1 0 0 0 0

Ward:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 0 0 -2 -1 0 0 0 0

Swanner:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 0

Faulhammer:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 0

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Interview with Vice President Kyle Fitzgerald

By Brandon Cooper

Faulhammer:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0

Fitzgerald:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
Change 5 1 4 4 -1 -4 -2 -4
  • Thanks 1

Interview with Texas Representative Jack Swanner

By Brandon Cooper

Cooper: "Hello Mr. Swanner. Thank you for doing the interview"

Swanner: "Thank you for having me, Brandon."

Cooper: "So we are getting close to the opening of congress now. Are you happy with the selection of Speaker Faulhammer to lead this new session?"

Swanner: "Yes I am. He's already hit the ground running with the immigration bill. I think he's a strong choice."

Cooper: "What do you like the most about the immigration bill and what do you like the least?"

Swanner: "It's really hard to say what I like best because there are so many great things in it. I like the security measures and the various reforms to legal immigration that will move us closer to a merit based immigration system. I know there are some sections in it that are intended to placate moderates and even Democrats, but I don't think there's anything in there that is unreasonable. I don't think it's a be all end all solution, though. Don't get me wrong, it's a massive step forward. But even after we pass this bill, there will be work left to do on the issue."

Cooper: "What else do you think should be on the first docket?"

Swanner: "Congressional Republicans have introduced a lot of great bills on a number of different topics, so it's hard for me to say. I'm glad that isn't my responsibility."

Cooper: "What issues should be addressed first?"

Swanner: "Well I don't think we have to do all this immediately, but by the end of the session I think we should pass this immigration bill, make some progress on tax reform, repeal and replace Obamacare, repeal Common Core, and tackle infrastructure. We need to create jobs for the American people. I think if we do all those things, it will be a successful session. There's some other issues too that are very important like veterans' care, human trafficking, and developing domestic sources of energy. And we need to rebuild our military as well. So there's a lot to get done. We have plenty of time, but this opportunity may not last forever."

Cooper: "There has been talk from some House Democrats about bringing the troops home from Afghanistan. Do you think we should do that right away?"

Swanner: "I think at some point we should. I don't know about right away. I think we should finish the job first as best we can, but I think we need to wrap things up as soon as possible. We can't be there forever. It's been 15 years. We're going to reach a point very soon where if we haven't finished the job we never will."

Cooper: "What do you think of the recently introduced "College for All Act of 2017?"

Swanner: Bad idea. I haven't read it to be honest, I'm familiar wit the Bernie Sanders proposal. I assume it's similar to that. Look, not everyone needs to go to college. There's arguably too many college graduates right now, actually. If everyone gets a college degree, it becomes less meaningful and valuable. For many young people, community college, trade schools, or the military or some other type of public service are better options."

Cooper: "What do you think of the Democratic leadership's 100 day Alternative Plan?"

Swanner: "I haven't given it much thought actually. The American people elected Republicans to every branch of government. If they wanted whatever alternative the Democrats are throwing up, they would have voted for them."

Cooper: "Do you agree that's what the people what to see? Republican leadership?"

Swanner: "I do. It's what they voted for. Now it's time for us to deliver."

Cooper: "And does that governance come more from the center or the right?"

Swanner: "I think it has to be a mix of both because I think at its core, America is a center-right country. There are certain things we promised in 2016 that might be considered more conservative, but there are important issues that require solutions closer to the center."

Cooper: "Any final closing thoughts Mr. Swanner?"

Swanner: "I'm glad to see Breitbart continue to rise in prominence. It's an important outlet for grassroots politics."

Cooper: "Traffic has been much higher since Late Night with Lani Lovetts mentioned us and the Vice President interviewed with us. We strive to put conservative interests at the heart of all of out journalism. Thank you for your time Mr. Swanner."

Swanner: "Thanks, Brandon."

• Like 1

Democrat Immigration Bill A Far Left Love Child

By Brandon Cooper

Now before I get into the heart of the matter I want to say right now I have many problems with the Republican proposed immigration bill. I don't agree with giving a DACA amnesty, H2-C Visas, or keeping the children of lawbreakers together only if they are illegal aliens unlike is the case for American citizens. With that said the Republican bill is a godsend compared to the new "Three-Year and DACA Extension Act" introduced by the DNC chairwoman Evelyn Vanderfleet along with the help of the biggest RINO in the senate Jeff Flake and Democrat senator Heidi Heitkamp.

First of in terms of border security it goes from $25 billion at the expense of almost none of the taxpaying public and while having no impact on the deficit in the Republican bill to $7.6 billion in the Democrat plan that is charged straight to the national debt. Fiscal responsibility thrown out the door. In terms of funding for physical barrier construction it goes from $12 billion in the Republican plan to $5 billion under the Democrat plan. When you consider the language of the Republican bill it potentially funds well above the $25 billion appropriated at no impact of the budget. It's clear as night and day which bill is better for keeping Americans safe.

Then from there many things that moderates like from the Republican bill is gone. E-Verify that keeps big business from ripping off working class Americans with cheap illegal alien labor is gone. Using funds seized from drug cartels for border security is gone. The creation of H-2C agricultural visas is gone.

Conservatives and moderate Republicans lose big time with their bil. Strong funding for security gone. Limits on chain migration which has created a giant backlog in legal immigration thus encouraging illegal immigration gone, the tax on foreign remittances ($113 billion a year just leaving our economy) gone,  E-Verify again gone, fiscal responsibility again gone, elimination of the Diversity Visa Lottery (a system that awards visas to foreigners with little skills, education, or work experience with visas for being from a country with few of their citizens in the US) which allowed Hesham Mohamed Ali Hedayet into the country who went onto kill two people at the Los Angeles International Airport in 2002 gone,  and one could go on.

The only winners from their bill is the progressives, the social justice warriors, the globalists, the socialists, the communists, and the Rules for Radicals extremists. They get to keep their DACA amnesty while keeping the border open by giving less physical barrier funding than is needed to cover the entire Southern border. Then another generation of illegal aliens can get here for the next big amnesty being pulled like a magnet just like what happened with Reagan's amnesty. Reagan's amnesty turned the once red state of California he was governor of into one of the most blue in the country. The Democrats want more illegals from South of the border to be legalize because 81% of Hispanic immigrants support bigger government. Big business is again deeply in bed with this plot which is why E-Verify was taken out of their bill even though it helps enforce the law. This depresses wages for American workers and historically has undermined labor unions (one could say illegal aliens is an endless stream of foreign scabs for the boss). Lawfulness is a hidderance to the aims of big business and the far left. Believe me George Soros had a grin on his face when the three swamp monsters proposed this Democrat immigration bill.

The Republican bill has received very strong support from both Conservatives and moderates. Texas Democrat representative Beau Thomas has said it was a fair deal for Americans and said he would vote for it as it is. The President and Vice President supports it. Most of the people that put them in the White House and voted to give the Republicans a majority in the House and Senate do too. I think Speaker Faulhammer shouldn't give the Democrat bill a second of consideration. This country has suffered enough from Democrats handling immigration the last 8 years under Obama it's time for a change.

• Like 1

Alexander Momentum: -2

Callahan Momentum: -1

Swanner Momentum: 6

Ward Momentum: -1

Faulhammer Momentum: 2

Fitzgerald Momentum: 6

Thomas Momentum: 1

Rogue RINOS Lose The Wall

By Brandon Cooper

Today the amendment proposed by Colorado Representative John Alexander to strike from the Border Security and Immigration Reform the ability of the Department of Homeland Security to construct up to $12 billion worth of new physical barriers such as walls and fences over the course of four years succeeded by a vote of 252-183. The $12 billion dollar fund will now only be allowed to repair and replace existing physical barriers leaving hundreds of miles of the United States border still insecure.

This happened due to the actions of 60 rogue Republicans in name only (RINO) voted for the amendment that would prevent President Macmillan from fulfilling one of his signature campaign promises. This rebellion from the party can best be seen in the actions of House Republican from Rhode Island Brianna O'Dwyer. She spoke out in opposition of any border walls on the House floor saying "One question I have over a border wall portion of this bill comes down to that any feasible construction project is going to need to be straighter than the actual border, which is going to mean using the federal government’s eminent domain powers to take privately owned land and basically redraw the border"

There's two aspects of this statement that need to be addressed. First, the idea that there couldn't be any feasible construction project that is was going to need to be straighter than the actual border. This thought let out on the House floor is what you'd usually find in her seat, a Coastal Cosmopolitan Liberal who thinks the idea of a border is icky to begin with and that we should give away our country to the third world since their kids vote reliably Democrat. With Brianna you don't get much different I'm afraid. How does she think the hundreds of miles of already existing physical barriers on the border got there? Shouldn't as she says it not be "feasible" to make something so straight? Really beats me.

The second part though it the typical Globalist conveniently principled in some moments and not so in others. Look at me being a righteous conservative frowning on Eminent Domain. It would ring more endearing if she hadn't already Co-Authored alongside last week's champion of Breitbart's Top Five Dumb Bills of the Week Awards John Alexander a bill that may help him retain the title. The School Tobacco and Alcohol Restriction Act is a big government regulation that would see store owners who sell Tobacco and Alcohol to either sell their products less hours of the day or move more than 300 feet of away from any education facility, public or private school, hospital, highway, or place of worship if they want to sell a product the free market wants available at all hours. She condemns a border wall that might move people with Eminent Domain but she sponsors bills with Democrats to will do just that to business owners. This regulation like the regulation of most business will likely affect the small business owner much more costly than the bigger corporations. Not that it matters to Mrs. O'Dwyer.

All this comes after the first bill to pass the House, the Mental Health and Substance Abuse Treatment Accessibility Act, was actually sponsored by Mrs. O'Dwyer along with California Democratic Representative Evelyn Vanderfleet. It looks like Mrs. O'Dwyer's much touted "Third Way" really is just a scheme to undermine the Republican majority until the Democrats who she is so comfortable working with can take back the House in 2018, obstructing Macmillan from achieving the rest of his campaign promises. I've caused some commotion in the past with my statements about how RINOS like John McCain or Jeff Flake should just go join the Democratic party, but Mrs. O'Dwyer really should because I doubt the Speaker will ever bring another one of her bills to the House floor again.

Edited by Kurt Faulhammer