TedderVision
Doomhammer

New DNC Chair, HmL, and Whip Taking Questions

DNC Chair Evelyn Vanderfleet (D-CA)  1381135802_Vanderfleet2.jpg.5e31c99340d3ed31851de5320335755f.jpg   House Minority Leader Calvin Ward (D-AR)  Ward.jpg.5a514d31eefce58db649b01a541ba04b.jpg Whip John Alexander (D-CO)no-image-available.thumb.png.50b81afd0700c673bbb55eb083ffa47c.png

Taking questions after accepting their respective nominations. (edit includes Whip)

@Jsawrie

Edited by Doomhammer

Madame Chairwoman, Robert Powell from Blue Mountain News, do you think you have the leadership skills and what it takes to win back seats in 2018 for the democrats?

Edited by Dogslife

8 hours ago, Dogslife said:

Madame Chairwoman, Robert Powell from Blue Mountain News, do you think you have the leadership skills and what it takes to win back seats in 2018 for the democrats?

Hello Mr. Powell.  I absolutely believe I have the leadership skills to win back seats for the Democratic party, but more importantly, I believe that we have quite the team here in the DNC.  Many amazing young leaders who have innovative solutions to age old problems.  From my years at Apple, to the various companies I have lead, I know how to put others first and solve problems.  A company must ensure that their product or service solves a problem facing their customers; the customer gets what they want, what they need, and what they expect.  This results in a satisfied customer whose problem is no more due to your company's influence. 

As chairwoman of the DNC, it is my job to guide the Democratic party to fulfill the wants and needs of the American people.  A job to craft a vision and a purpose that is clear.  We have chosen to not lead from behind and will take the initiative to ensure that the American people can witness progress in their lives.  Our initial plans are central and bipartisan.  They are common sense bills that don’t need to be passed due to a majority in the house or senate.  They are supported by almost every American.  From combating opiates to fighting human trafficking, we are going to be the party that solves problems.  We will support bills that are proposed by Republicans that advance the American agenda and not a far right, extremist agenda. 

We have other ambitious plans but understand that our position today is to establish better relations with the American people by understanding their needs and wants better than in previous years.  We work for the American people, and we will give them what they want.  The Democratic party is the party for the working class American.  We are the party of equal opportunity, equal rights, and better opportunities.  A party that believes in the constitution, influential foreign policy, science, freedom, and the belief that the government should not be complicit in the problems facing its people.  When America sees our actions, I believe that we will earn their trust, respect, and their votes in 2018.

Madame Chairwoman, Nicholas Eden of the National Telegraph.

Why did the voters reject your party at every level of Government in the election? What can you do to change their minds and switch their vote in the midterms and in 2020?

9 hours ago, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Mr. Alexander, Brandon Cooper from Breitbart News, when will the war on pennies turn into the war on nickels? 

If nickels are shown to be useless like pennies are in our economy today, then I will advocate for getting rid of them. People act like this is a new thing but in the 1800’s we got rid of another coin, the half penny, because it wasn’t worth enough to buy anything. This isn’t a new economic concept.

14 hours ago, Macmillan said:

Madame Chairwoman, Nicholas Eden of the National Telegraph.

Why did the voters reject your party at every level of Government in the election? What can you do to change their minds and switch their vote in the midterms and in 2020?

Hello Mr. Eden, every party rises and falls.  It happens throughout history.  The Republican party struggled to find its identity after the 2008 election with the obstructionist tendencies and spewing of hate lead by many radicals and extremists.  Democrats couldn’t define themselves after the Ronald Reagan presidency until President Bill Clinton came along with a moderate approach during a polarizing, divisive political climate. 

This past election, the democratic party had difficulty uniting behind Hillary Clinton with many voters who lacked trust in the DNC for how they handled the primary with Bernie Sanders.  The minute your team’s identity is shaped as one of distrust or unfairness, the team loses.  Our party needed to reshape itself, and it now has. 

Previously, Democrats have been mocked for having wonderful ideas but no backbone to get it done.  I am not sure if you are aware, but we have a strong docket of legislation proposed that appeals to the needs and wants of the American people.  Our decisiveness and mission will be followed with clear, concise action that will yield results.  The fact that we are in the minority is only temporary and our duty to the American people is almost even more significant.  During times in the minority, the people feel a lack of hope and representation.  That will not be the feeling in our DNC. 

As a little girl, my mother heard politicians talking about the same issues we are talking about today.  It is about time we solve them.  We will win back seats in the midterm because the American people will witness the transformation of the democratic party as a synonymous term with problem solvers and innovators for the American people!  We will win back seats by our actions not by crafty political slogans or political games.  Just through hard work, problem solving, and listening to the American people, we will see a blue wave coming in 2018.

On 7/9/2018 at 5:38 PM, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Mr. Ward, Brandon Cooper from Breitbart News, do you support making healthcare more affordable for illegal aliens?

I want more affordable healthcare for everyone. 

Some Staff Member:  Thank you all for your time.  We look forward to a strong term!

OOC: Since this thread has been open for a week and everyone has commented, we have been more than introduced.

Ward:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 0 0 -1 -1 1 0 1 0

Alexander:

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 0 0 1 1 -1 0 -1 0

Vanderfleet:

PLAYER NAME