TedderVision
Kurt Faulhammer

Border Security and Immigration Reform Act

Mr. Speaker,

The amendment offered by the Congressman from Wisconsin and I, this amendment protects the undocumented immigrants who served, is serving or will serve in our armed forces to be rewarded the status of "Permanent Resident" or "U.S. Citizen." This amendment is good for these undocumented veterans and good for our country.

I yield

Mr. Speaker, I move to amend the bill by removing section VII:

TITLE VII – DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM

SEC. 23. ELIMINATION OF DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM.

(a) In General.—Section 203 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153) is amended by striking subsection (c).

(b) Technical And Conforming Amendments.—

(1) IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT.—The Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq.) is amended—

(A) in section 101(a)(15)(V), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(B) in section 201—

(i) in subsection (a)—

(I) in paragraph (1), by adding “and” at the end; and

(II) by striking paragraph (3); and

(ii) by striking subsection (e);

(C) in section 203—

(i) in subsection (b)(2)(B)(ii)(IV), by striking “section 203(b)(2)(B)” each place such term appears and inserting “clause (i)”;

(ii) by redesignating subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), and (h) as subsections (c), (d), (e), (f), and (g), respectively;

(iii) in subsection (c), as redesignated, by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(iv) in subsection (d), as redesignated—

(I) by striking paragraph (2); and

(II) by redesignating paragraph (3) as paragraph (2);

(v) in subsection (e), as redesignated, by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c) of this section” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(vi) in subsection (f), as redesignated, by striking “subsections (a), (b), and (c)” and inserting “subsections (a) and (b)”; and

(vii) in subsection (g), as redesignated—

(I) by striking “(d)” each place such term appears and inserting “(c)”; and

(II) in paragraph (2)(B), by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(D) in section 204—

(i) in subsection (a)(1), by striking subparagraph (I);

(ii) in subsection (e), by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c) of section 203” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b) of section 203”; and

(iii) in subsection (l)(2)—

(I) in subparagraph (B), by striking “section 203 (a) or (d)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (c) of section 203”; and

(II) in subparagraph (C), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(E) in section 214(q)(1)(B)(i), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(F) in section 216(h)(1), in the undesignated matter following subparagraph (C), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”; and

(G) in section 245(i)(1)(B), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”.

(2) IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PILOT PROGRAM.—Section 610(d) of the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1993 (Public Law 102–395) is amended by striking “section 203(e) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(e))” and inserting “section 203(d) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(d))”.

(c) Effective Date.—The amendments made by this section shall take effect on the first day of the first fiscal year beginning on or after the date of the enactment of this Act.

By a vote of 252-183 Alexander 1 is accepted

By a vote of 435-0 Johnson 1 is accepted

Mr. Ward, address the Speaker when talking on the floor of the House

Edited by Kurt Faulhammer
  • Like 1

Mr. Speaker,

Please Address the Gentleman from Arkansas as such. If you would like to be referred to properly then you are expected to refer the the members of this chamber properly as well.

I yield.

Edited by Dogslife

Mr. Speaker, 

While I believe that this ruling is arbitrary since the chair has felt that is appropriate for him to determine which motions are going be recognized I hereby full heartedly second the motion by the Congresswoman  from California.

I yield 

Mr. speaker, my fellow representatives,

I rise today do you thank all of those who supported the Alexander amendment. This amendment is vital to passing a bipartisan immigration bill this session. The American people indicate that they do not want a physical border wall because it is not safer and it’s a huge cost to the taxpayer. This virtual wall is a 21st-century solution to our immigration problem at the border. They virtual wall will keep our border states secure, more secure than what a physical barrier would do. We can all stand together proudly and celebrate that we creating a immigration bill is worthy of the American people.

I yield 

Mr Speaker,

I am appalled, absolutely appalled today that the House has seen fit to reject a vision endorsed by the majority of American people when they elected our President. President Macmillan stood on the policy of building a wall along the southern border with Mexico, he was elected on that commitment with a majority in the popular vote and in the electoral college thoroughly defeating Hillary and the liberal alternative for immigration. This bill was already a compromise, it already had issues such as DACA and Agricultural Visas addressed in a way that even the Democrats themselves failed to do, indeed they only intended to kick the DACA can down the road whilst the President and Speaker have presented a permanent fix for the issue. In return the President wanted to fulfil his campaign commitments which included a wall. The fact that the Democrats have seen fit to turn a nearly perfectly balanced bill into a partisan issue, and the fact that some of my party colleagues have seen fit to join him, makes me very sad indeed. I would urge the President and Speaker to remember this whenever any Democrats, or Republicans who rebelled on this, come asking for docket access in future.

I yield.

Mr. Speaker,

May I remind the gentleman that a majority of this republican held chamber voted in favor of hitting the wall? When you have multiple republicans coming across the aisle then I’m pretty sure this issue must be bipartisan. 

I yield

Mr. Speaker,

The gentleman forgets his place. We are not President Macmillan’s rubber stamp. He is not entitled anything just because he was elected. I was elected by my constituents. But that doesn’t entitle me to anything. Winning is easy, governingnis harder. He speaks of compromise; no one approached me. In fact we tried reaching out and were rebuffed. Y’all said you could pass the bill on your own. But if the gentleman is going to hold up the people’s leislation because the GOP leadership didn’t get their way, he’s more of entitled toddler than we believe him to be. 

However, to those Republicans who face being ostracized over voting their conscience, they will find a warm welcome in the Big Tent Democratic Party. They’re free to come over. We’re having a much better 100 days over here. 

I yield

Mr. Speaker,

I rise today to condemn the President for his extremist move of federalizing the national guard. This legislation will secure the border and the American people deserve better than a President that throws a temper tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. The American people have spoken and so has this chamber. I urge all my fellow representatives to condemn extreme measures.

i yield

3 minutes ago, Chris said:

Mr. Speaker,

I rise today to condemn the President for his extremist move of federalizing the national guard. This legislation will secure the border and the American people deserve better than a President that throws a temper tantrums when he doesn’t get his way. The American people have spoken and so has this chamber. I urge all my fellow representatives to condemn extreme measures.

i yield

*here here*

Condemn him! *bangs fist on desk*

Edited by Dogslife
Changed from here here to condemn him

*Alexander whispers to an aide who then runs out of the room, ten minutes later she returns with a sign saying “252-183.” Alexander hangs the sign over his desk*

• Like 1

Mr. Speaker, 

I also rise to condemn these actions. If the President is so upset that he he drosnt get his way, maybe the American people deserve better. 

I yield

Edited by Jsawrie