TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Vinick: "President Macmillian's Wrong Approach on Immigration"

Arnold Vinick

Arnold Vinick after reading through the President's proposed Immigration reform bill had the following comments. 

"Overall, I am extremely disappointed in this bill. We have an opportunity to work together to strengthen our immigration process, but unfortunately the President rolled out this agenda with the Speaker without consulting with Capitol Hill Democrats and a bill such as this should have consultation from both sides of the aisle.  In this case the Republicans acted unilaterally and a major overhaul is needed once it hits the house floor on the first docket. This bill is far from a piece of legislation that I will be willing to support. There are pieces of the bill that I would support and I applaud the President Macmillan for including and those are DACA, ending family separations and the creation of H-2C agricultural worker visa program. But when we weigh the bill as a whole there are so many other pieces that the President included I cannot get behind. I hope to this is clear going into the session that I will not support this legislation as it is written. A wall included is a non starter. I would also like to see the re-admittance tax removed and the Diversity Visa Lottery to remain in place. I would hope that  in the future the President will include input from both sides of the aisle before pushing forward a bill such as this "

View full PR

PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change -2 0 2 1 2 2 0 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/7/2018 at 8:03 PM, Chris said:

Arnold Vinick

Arnold Vinick after reading through the President's proposed Immigration reform bill had the following comments. 

"Overall, I am extremely disappointed in this bill. We have an opportunity to work together to strengthen our immigration process, but unfortunately the President rolled out this agenda with the Speaker without consulting with Capitol Hill Democrats and a bill such as this should have consultation from both sides of the aisle.  In this case the Republicans acted unilaterally and a major overhaul is needed once it hits the house floor on the first docket. This bill is far from a piece of legislation that I will be willing to support. There are pieces of the bill that I would support and I applaud the President Macmillan for including and those are DACA, ending family separations and the creation of H-2C agricultural worker visa program. But when we weigh the bill as a whole there are so many other pieces that the President included I cannot get behind. I hope to this is clear going into the session that I will not support this legislation as it is written. A wall included is a non starter. I would also like to see the re-admittance tax removed and the Diversity Visa Lottery to remain in place. I would hope that  in the future the President will include input from both sides of the aisle before pushing forward a bill such as this "

View full PR

Momentum: 0

Comes off as a little whiny. Some news articles even take your phrase "I applaud the President" out of context. #fakenews

Sign in to follow this