TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Faulhammer

Vanderfleet 1 Amendment Vote For Border Security and Immigration Reform Act

Vanderfleet 1 Amendment Vote For Border Security and Immigration Reform Act  

10 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Shall the House agree to the amendment proposed?

Mr. Speaker, I move to amend the bill by removing section VII:

TITLE VII – DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM

SEC. 23. ELIMINATION OF DIVERSITY VISA PROGRAM.

(a) In General.—Section 203 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1153) is amended by striking subsection (c).

(b) Technical And Conforming Amendments.—

(1) IMMIGRATION AND NATIONALITY ACT.—The Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101 et seq.) is amended—

(A) in section 101(a)(15)(V), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(B) in section 201—

(i) in subsection (a)—

(I) in paragraph (1), by adding “and” at the end; and

(II) by striking paragraph (3); and

(ii) by striking subsection (e);

(C) in section 203—

(i) in subsection (b)(2)(B)(ii)(IV), by striking “section 203(b)(2)(B)” each place such term appears and inserting “clause (i)”;

(ii) by redesignating subsections (d), (e), (f), (g), and (h) as subsections (c), (d), (e), (f), and (g), respectively;

(iii) in subsection (c), as redesignated, by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(iv) in subsection (d), as redesignated—

(I) by striking paragraph (2); and

(II) by redesignating paragraph (3) as paragraph (2);

(v) in subsection (e), as redesignated, by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c) of this section” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(vi) in subsection (f), as redesignated, by striking “subsections (a), (b), and (c)” and inserting “subsections (a) and (b)”; and

(vii) in subsection (g), as redesignated—

(I) by striking “(d)” each place such term appears and inserting “(c)”; and

(II) in paragraph (2)(B), by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b)”;

(D) in section 204—

(i) in subsection (a)(1), by striking subparagraph (I);

(ii) in subsection (e), by striking “subsection (a), (b), or (c) of section 203” and inserting “subsection (a) or (b) of section 203”; and

(iii) in subsection (l)(2)—

(I) in subparagraph (B), by striking “section 203 (a) or (d)” and inserting “subsection (a) or (c) of section 203”; and

(II) in subparagraph (C), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(E) in section 214(q)(1)(B)(i), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”;

(F) in section 216(h)(1), in the undesignated matter following subparagraph (C), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”; and

(G) in section 245(i)(1)(B), by striking “section 203(d)” and inserting “section 203(c)”.

(2) IMMIGRANT INVESTOR PILOT PROGRAM.—Section 610(d) of the Departments of Commerce, Justice, and State, the Judiciary, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 1993 (Public Law 102–395) is amended by striking “section 203(e) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(e))” and inserting “section 203(d) of such Act (8 U.S.C. 1153(d))”.

(c) Effective Date.—The amendments made by this section shall take effect on the first day of the first fiscal year beginning on or after the date of the enactment of this Act.

Sign in to follow this