TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
TexAgRepublican

Swanner Proposes Student Debt Reform

Jack Swanner

The Office of Rep. Jack Swanner
For Immediate Release

Washington, DC – Rep. Jack Swanner (R-TX) spoke to the press about legislation he introduced to allow student loan borrowers to discharge their debt in bankruptcy. 

“Have you ever seen those ads on the internet where it says there is one weird trick to lower your car insurance rates or some other thing? Before I downloaded adblock, I saw them all the time. I never clicked on them because I assumed they were scams or some virus would come into my computer. Well when it comes to these really high tuition rates, there actually is one weird trick that we can use to lower tuition. The one weird trick to get college tuition under control is to allow student loan borrowers to discharge their loans in bankruptcy. To accomplish this, I introduced the Student Debt Bankruptcy Reform Act. Right now, the federal government is effectively subsidizing the student loan market. We’ve made it easier for banks to loan out all this money, and that in turn has allowed schools to increase tuition. Let’s hit the reset button, treat student loan debt like other debt, and stop picking winners and losers. The banks will think twice about how much money they lend, and tuition rates will have to drop to meet the needs of the market.”

View full PR

On 7/12/2018 at 9:06 PM, TexAgRepublican said:

Jack Swanner

The Office of Rep. Jack Swanner
For Immediate Release

Washington, DC – Rep. Jack Swanner (R-TX) spoke to the press about legislation he introduced to allow student loan borrowers to discharge their debt in bankruptcy. 

“Have you ever seen those ads on the internet where it says there is one weird trick to lower your car insurance rates or some other thing? Before I downloaded adblock, I saw them all the time. I never clicked on them because I assumed they were scams or some virus would come into my computer. Well when it comes to these really high tuition rates, there actually is one weird trick that we can use to lower tuition. The one weird trick to get college tuition under control is to allow student loan borrowers to discharge their loans in bankruptcy. To accomplish this, I introduced the Student Debt Bankruptcy Reform Act. Right now, the federal government is effectively subsidizing the student loan market. We’ve made it easier for banks to loan out all this money, and that in turn has allowed schools to increase tuition. Let’s hit the reset button, treat student loan debt like other debt, and stop picking winners and losers. The banks will think twice about how much money they lend, and tuition rates will have to drop to meet the needs of the market.”

View full PR

Momentum: 1

Sign in to follow this