TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Kurt Faulhammer

Faulhammer on Alexander 1 Amendment Result

Kurt Faulhammer

From the Office of Speaker Kurt Faulhammer

While I am disappointed on the result of the recent amendment vote on the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act I am in acceptance of the result. I still support the passage of the build for many great things that is does be in giving the DHS a sizable investment to spend on border security, gives a legislative permanent fix to DACA, mandates the use of E-Verify, and establishes electronic passport screening and biometric matching among other things. I would also like to formally apologize to the Gentleman from Arkansas, Mr. Calvin Ward, over earlier transgressions during the debate of the bill. Like I said I want to move on, we will just have to make a plan for better security without the construction of new physical barriers. The bill still is a fiscally responsible bill that can help see dramatic reductions in illegal border crossings. I think that will be easier to achieve alongside the Stronger Americas plan which did so by unanimous consent  which will help improve the rule of law and economic prospects of the nations that many of the undocumented immigrants that cross our Southern border come from. By eliminating the issues that drive them to come here illegally we likely won't see any massive swells of migration in the near future. In the meantime debate is still continuing on the bill and I am eager and optimistic for the final vote that will come soon enough.

View full PR

On 7/13/2018 at 1:07 PM, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Kurt Faulhammer

From the Office of Speaker Kurt Faulhammer

While I am disappointed on the result of the recent amendment vote on the Border Security and Immigration Reform Act I am in acceptance of the result. I still support the passage of the build for many great things that is does be in giving the DHS a sizable investment to spend on border security, gives a legislative permanent fix to DACA, mandates the use of E-Verify, and establishes electronic passport screening and biometric matching among other things. I would also like to formally apologize to the Gentleman from Arkansas, Mr. Calvin Ward, over earlier transgressions during the debate of the bill. Like I said I want to move on, we will just have to make a plan for better security without the construction of new physical barriers. The bill still is a fiscally responsible bill that can help see dramatic reductions in illegal border crossings. I think that will be easier to achieve alongside the Stronger Americas plan which did so by unanimous consent  which will help improve the rule of law and economic prospects of the nations that many of the undocumented immigrants that cross our Southern border come from. By eliminating the issues that drive them to come here illegally we likely won't see any massive swells of migration in the near future. In the meantime debate is still continuing on the bill and I am eager and optimistic for the final vote that will come soon enough.

View full PR

Faulhammer Momentum: 4

Alexander Momentum: 2

Ward Momentum: 1

Sign in to follow this