TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Sovereign

Bautista Decries Executive Action on Immigration

David Bautista

In a public statement issued to the press, Representative David Bautista (D-FL-23) strongly condemned President Macmillan's executive order to deploy the military to the border, citing it as a violation of federal law and a moral failing of the Administration. His full statement is as follows:

President Macmillan's recent use of executive action to activate three regiments from the Texas and Arizona National Guard is not only a direct violation of our national values, it is an unlawful order. Under the Posse Comitatus Act, the President of the United States has no legal right to use the military to enforce domestic policy. That is to be left to law enforcement officials, and this jurisdiction belongs to the United States Border Patrol.

In our day and age, it has been far too common to forget these laws in the name of 'national security' and defense from terrorists and criminals. But it is not going to be MS-13 or ISIS on the other end of that M4. It will be sons and daughters, moms and dads--people like you and me. People who are fleeing tyranny and terror. People whose only crime is that they wanted a better life for themselves and their children. 

I do not believe the President is a bad man, but his misguided views threaten the welfare of millions of innocent people. That is why I call on President Macmillan to do the right thing and to desist with this illegal action and gross overreach. I call on the President to instead work with the Congress in creating bipartisan legislation that will help secure our border from drug cartels and terrorist organizations without infringing on the human rights of migrant families.

View full PR

On 7/13/2018 at 4:28 PM, Sovereign said:

David Bautista

In a public statement issued to the press, Representative David Bautista (D-FL-23) strongly condemned President Macmillan's executive order to deploy the military to the border, citing it as a violation of federal law and a moral failing of the Administration. His full statement is as follows:

President Macmillan's recent use of executive action to activate three regiments from the Texas and Arizona National Guard is not only a direct violation of our national values, it is an unlawful order. Under the Posse Comitatus Act, the President of the United States has no legal right to use the military to enforce domestic policy. That is to be left to law enforcement officials, and this jurisdiction belongs to the United States Border Patrol.

In our day and age, it has been far too common to forget these laws in the name of 'national security' and defense from terrorists and criminals. But it is not going to be MS-13 or ISIS on the other end of that M4. It will be sons and daughters, moms and dads--people like you and me. People who are fleeing tyranny and terror. People whose only crime is that they wanted a better life for themselves and their children. 

I do not believe the President is a bad man, but his misguided views threaten the welfare of millions of innocent people. That is why I call on President Macmillan to do the right thing and to desist with this illegal action and gross overreach. I call on the President to instead work with the Congress in creating bipartisan legislation that will help secure our border from drug cartels and terrorist organizations without infringing on the human rights of migrant families.

View full PR

Bautista Momentum: 3

Macmillan Momentum: 1

Sign in to follow this