TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
TexAgRepublican

Swanner: Protect American Jobs

Jack Swanner

The Office of Rep. Jack Swanner
For Immediate Release

Washington, DC – Rep. Jack Swanner (R-TX) praised President Macmillan for withdrawing from TPP and highlighted legislation he introduced to protect American jobs. 

“President Macmillan made the right call by getting us out of the Trans Pacific Partnership. TPP was a bad deal, and it would have cost our country millions of jobs. This would have had a devastating affect on America’s economy. We never seem to come out on the right side of these deals, so getting out of it was the right move.

“The next step is to protect our economy from the effects of currency manipulation and outsourcing. Currency manipulation is when other countries artificially devalue their currency in order to flood the market with cheap goods, undercutting American manufacturers and killing American jobs in the process. I have introduced legislation that would authorize our government to impose tariffs on countries that manipulate their currency so that we can neutralize the effects of this unfair practice. Currency manipulation is not free trade. It’s unfair, and it’s illegal.

“I have also introduced legislation to deter outsourcing. Under my proposal, outsourced goods will be subject to a 15 percent tariff when they are brought back into our country. For too long, multi-national corporations have been able to outsource production to other countries without any repercussions. Texas has been among the states hit hardest by the effects of outsourcing. No more. Under my plan, companies won’t be able to do this anymore without facing some sort of penalty. 

“Manufacturing has a higher multiplier effect than any other sector of the economy. America’s manufacturing sector is worth protecting, and we must be willing to take bold steps in order to do so. Fair trade policy – combined with a much lower corporate tax rate – will bring manufacturing jobs back to our country.”

View full PR

On 7/13/2018 at 11:19 PM, TexAgRepublican said:

Jack Swanner

The Office of Rep. Jack Swanner
For Immediate Release

Washington, DC – Rep. Jack Swanner (R-TX) praised President Macmillan for withdrawing from TPP and highlighted legislation he introduced to protect American jobs. 

“President Macmillan made the right call by getting us out of the Trans Pacific Partnership. TPP was a bad deal, and it would have cost our country millions of jobs. This would have had a devastating affect on America’s economy. We never seem to come out on the right side of these deals, so getting out of it was the right move.

“The next step is to protect our economy from the effects of currency manipulation and outsourcing. Currency manipulation is when other countries artificially devalue their currency in order to flood the market with cheap goods, undercutting American manufacturers and killing American jobs in the process. I have introduced legislation that would authorize our government to impose tariffs on countries that manipulate their currency so that we can neutralize the effects of this unfair practice. Currency manipulation is not free trade. It’s unfair, and it’s illegal.

“I have also introduced legislation to deter outsourcing. Under my proposal, outsourced goods will be subject to a 15 percent tariff when they are brought back into our country. For too long, multi-national corporations have been able to outsource production to other countries without any repercussions. Texas has been among the states hit hardest by the effects of outsourcing. No more. Under my plan, companies won’t be able to do this anymore without facing some sort of penalty. 

“Manufacturing has a higher multiplier effect than any other sector of the economy. America’s manufacturing sector is worth protecting, and we must be willing to take bold steps in order to do so. Fair trade policy – combined with a much lower corporate tax rate – will bring manufacturing jobs back to our country.”

View full PR

Swanner Momentum: 3

Macmillan Momentum: 1

Sign in to follow this