TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Fox News

@FoxNews President Macmillan is scheduled to appear at a rally for Representative Swanner this evening. We will take you there live with his remarks.

The following editorial was authored by a Republican member of Congress (a player) and sent to Fox News anonymously: 

The Dictator President

Many republicans have gone out into the media to defend for President Fitzgerald’s policy on remaining in Afghanistan. There has also been a lot of talk within the party surrounding that issue including some who dissented from that view. My view on the above matter is not important as I am only a staffer and was not a staffer for the 2 or 3 congressmen who were vocally dissenting in that meeting. Neither is the fact that 2 were dissenting shocking since some republicans have already dissented from that opinion including the Speaker of the House. What is more shocking for me however was the strong mafia-esque level of threats (even if subtle and indirect) against anyone who was to publicly dissent against such a policy. The President himself and his close associates in his white house were STRONGLY suggesting that those who dissented from that policy and split the party on that issue would be dealt with by the president and his enforcers.

Especially when the president’s policy has been shown to be widely unpopular with the American people, I find it shocking that a sitting president, especially during a crucial midterm election, would be issue flaccid and passive aggressive threats to members of congress to uphold and defend his policy even at the risk of said policy being unpopular in his/her state……especially when they may be up for election or re-election in a close race. For all the promises and talk of the Republican party being a big tent party, I do not see that happening when there are subtle threats being issued to those who dissent from that opinion in good conscience as those dissenters were being careful to make their objections known in private between party members instead of going public with said objections. The attitude of this administration is to dismiss and attack even those who disagree privately instead of being grateful to those who at least had the courtesy to bring their objections to the party and the White House privately.

There certainly does need to be a shift in the White House, but it does not necessarily need to be a change in party. Instead it needs to be a change in attitude between a GOP president and GOP leadership who will listen to all parts of the big tent party and treat all parts of the party with the respect they deserve; especially in an election year where winning seats in battleground states is more important than preserving a piece of the Fitzgerald Administration’s legacy. Without winning states this November, President Fitzgerald can kiss his legacy goodbye, because the democrats who would take the house and senate would not do him any favors or be scared of his threats.

Sign in to follow this