TedderVision
ILDem

Bennett on Protectionism

Beau Bennett (Senate Multi)

U.S. Senate Candidate Beau Bennett has released the following statement on trade:

Friends,

Unfettered free trade has been a disaster for working people. You know it, I know it, the yellow dog knows it. 

So called free trade agreements were in written in backroom meetings with corporate think-tanks. Organized Labor wasn't even given a seat at the table. No one asked workers what they thought about it.

We need a top-down examination of these trade agreements.  Fair trade is the way forward. 

No longer will the backbone of our economy be given the shaft. They will be put first when I get to the Senate, the D.C. Establishment won't know what hit em! 

View full PR

12 hours ago, Jonathan said:
PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 1 0 -1 -1 -1 0 1 -1

@Jonathan Moderate Liberals are against fair trade? Thought the mention of organized labor would've helped. 

16 hours ago, ILDem said:

Beau Bennett (Senate Multi)

U.S. Senate Candidate Beau Bennett has released the following statement on trade:

Friends,

Unfettered free trade has been a disaster for working people. You know it, I know it, the yellow dog knows it. 

So called free trade agreements were in written in backroom meetings with corporate think-tanks. Organized Labor wasn't even given a seat at the table. No one asked workers what they thought about it.

We need a top-down examination of these trade agreements.  Fair trade is the way forward. 

No longer will the backbone of our economy be given the shaft. They will be put first when I get to the Senate, the D.C. Establishment won't know what hit em! 

View full PR

Momentum: 2

Again, not a sexy issue but good PR nevertheless.

3 hours ago, ILDem said:

@Jonathan Moderate Liberals are against fair trade? Thought the mention of organized labor would've helped. 

Moderates on both sides of the aisle(such as the Clintons and Obama) tend to support free trade. Organized labor falls within the progressive wing, so you did gain a point there.

Edited by Jonathan

8 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Moderates on both sides of the aisle(such as the Clintons and Obama) tend to support free trade. Organized labor falls within the progressive wing, so you did gain a point there.

Ah ok. Thanks for clarifying. 

On 8/12/2018 at 10:18 PM, Jonathan said:
PLAYER NAME
Republicans Democrats
NAT EV BUS MR ML SJW  PRO GLO
Change 2 0 -1 -1 -1 0 2 -1

The rating for this PR has been changed as shown above.

Edited by Jonathan