TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Wills and Testaments

Everyone needs to be prepared -- so do your characters! If your character dies without posting a will naming one of your multis as beneficiary, you will lose your warchest.

Last Will and Testament

of Declan Michael Owens

I, Declan Michael Owens, of Norfolk, Virginia, declare that this is my Last Will and Testament.

Article I

Preliminary Declarations

I revoke all prior wills and codicils.

I am married to Katherine Elizabeth Owens and all references in this Will to my spouse refer to Katherine Elizabeth Owens.

I have one brother Patrick James Owens and any references in this Will to my brother refer to Patrick James Owens.

I have three living children, named Michael Graham Owens, James Declan Owens, and Mary Katherine Owens. All references in this Will to my child or children, or issue include the above child or children, and any child or children hereafter born to or adopted by me.

Article II

Specific Bequests and Devises

I give my entire interest in the real property which was my residence at the time of my death, to my spouse. If said devisee fails or devisees fail to survive me , then this gift shall lapse and become part of the residue of my estate.

Except for pecuniary devise, the devises and bequests of this Article II are intended to be specific devises or bequests, In the event that this property for any reason is not part of my estate at the time of my death, such devices and bequests shall lapse, and resort shall not be had to any other assets of my estate to satisfy same.

Article III

Distribution of Residue of the Estate

I give, devise and bequeath all of the residue and remainder of my Estate, after payment of all my just debts, expenses, taxes, administration costs and individual devises and bequests, if any, to my brother, Patrick James Owens.

If there exist no such surviving beneficiary or contingent beneficiaries as named above at the time of my death, then my estate shall pass to my heirs in accordance with the laws of intestate succession in the State of Virginia on the date of my death.

Article IV

Executor and Administrative Powers

I nominate my spouse, Katherine Elizabeth Owens to serve as Executor of my Estate. If my spouse, Katherine Elizabeth Owens fails or is unable for any reason to serve as Executor of my Estate, I nominate my brother, Patrick James Owens as the alternate or successor Executor of my Estate.

In addition to any powers and elective rights conferred by statute or federal law or by other provisions of this Will, I grant my Executor the authority to administer my Estate under any procedure for informal or unsupervised administration under the laws of the State of Virginia or any other available procedure for avoidance of administration or reduction of its burdens, except that the Executor shall first obtain court authority to sell, lease, encumber, trade, or otherwise dispose of real property of the Estate. In addition, to the extent applicable to my estate and to the role of executor, and as an example and not as a limitation, I grant to my Executor with respect to my Estate all of the following powers: to sell any personal property, including securities; to purchase, maintain and liquidate investments; to open, change or close bank and deposit accounts; to borrow funds; to maintain, continue, sell or purchase a business; to maintain or defend lawsuits; to employ accountants, attorneys and other professionals; to account for Estate assets; to make divisions, allocations or distributions in cash or kind amongst beneficiaries, without taking into account the tax basis of assets; and to maintain such other acts as are deemed in the discretion of the Executor to be in the best interests of the Estate.

Article V

Guardianship Provisions

If, at my death, I have any child or Children under age eighteen and such child or children does not have a living parent, I nominate my brother, Patrick James Owens to serve as the legal guardian or guardians of such child or children. If any legal guardian of my child or children should be appointed, I nominate the individual identified above for appointment as guardian and request the court to appoint the nominee, grant the guardian custody of the child or children, permit the guardian all statutory and discretionary powers permitted under the laws of the State of Virginia, including but not limited to changing the residence and domicile of the children to the state where the guardian may then reside, and appoint such individual as guardian of the estate of such child or children.

Article VI

Testamentary Trust for Minor Child(ren)

If any beneficiary taking under this Will is under the age of eighteen at the time of my death, and if in the Executor's reasonable opinion holding any assets gifted to such beneficiary in trust will be of benefit to the minor and of the Estate, I give said Executor full and absolute authority and discretion to direct that any, part of or all said assets bequeathed, transferred or gifted to such minor beneficiary be held in trust for benefit of such beneficiary, I hereby nominate my spouse, Katherine Elizabeth Owens to serve as the trustee of such Testamentary Trust. If this person is for any reason unable or unwilling to serve as trustee, then I nominate my brother, Patrick James Owens to serve as the trustee of such Testamentary Trust.

/s/

Declan Michael Owens

• Like 1

Will and Testament of Simon Caldwell

Upon my perishment from this earth to meet my maker my worldly possessions and wealth shall transfer to my son, Jonathan Caldwell. He shall be the sole executor of my estate with the stipulation to ensure the well-being of his mother, Gloria Caldwell, and his sister, Theodosia until such time as they too shall pass or marry. 

Will and Testament of James Tyson

Upon my death, all of my wealth shall go to my son, Jonathon.

Upon my death, all of my possessions and titles shall pass to my eldest son, Georges Sainte Clair, Jr.

/s/ Georges Sainte Claire, Sr.

Upon the death of Henry Clement, his possessions will go to his wife Mary Clement or if she has passed, be split equally between his two sons Edward Clement and Aiden Clement.

Will in testament of James Wilson

Assume needed legal formalities

Control of my equity in Wilson family shall go half to James Wilson II, and a Quarter each to  daugther Rebecca and son Benjamin Wilson

All other assets shall be transferred to Catherine Wilson nee Dane, and in the event of her predeceasing, split equally between my children

If any beneficiary is below age of majority, any assets bequeathed shall be held in separate trusts, executed by my brother Benjamin Wilson

Upon the death of Orison Pratt, half of his assets shall be split between his children equally. A quarter shall go to his wife. A quarter shall be invested in charitable trusts, as administered by the oldest next of kin. 

On 9/4/2018 at 4:02 PM, Shiggy said:

Upon the death of John Jones, his possessions (including control of my company) will go to my eldest son Josiah.

I change it to leave everything to my brother and CEO of Johnstone Shipping and Trading.....Levi Johnstone. 

Last Will and Testament of Gideon McGee

In the event of my demise half my assets shall go to my brother Paul, 3/4 of the remaining shall go to my wife Bessy, the rest to be split amoungst my sons Jacob (3), and Nathaniel (5)

Last Will and Testimony of Ethan O'Rourke

My wife, Molly, shall receive an annuity comprising of 1/4 of my assets. My daughter, Sydney, shall receive 1/4 of my assets in lieu of a dowry. My son, Tyler, shall receive the rest.

/Ethan O'Rourke, Esq.

Upon my death, all of my worldly goods shall pass to my eldest son, Robert Nathanial Jackson, who is to care for my wife, his mother, for the remainder of her days.

Sign in to follow this