TedderVision
Jsawrie

Joint Resolution to Condemn the AltRight

Mr Speaker,

Since it's been said before I'll be brief when I say it again, this motion is illegal therefore it should not have even been considered for debate today.

I yield.

Mr Speaker,

The idea that this resolution is an attack on free speech is absolutely ludicrous. Nowhere in this motion does it state that we are going to police the speech of our citizens—all it does is fulfill our duty as a body, to condemn violent, anti-American movements and actions both foreign and domestic.

I guarantee that if there were a growing, violent, communist movement in the United States and we proposed legislation condemning it, these gentlemen would feel differently.

I yield

• Like 1

Mr. Speaker,

It is intriguing to see the avid support of this Alt-Right movement by our Republican members of the chamber who less focused in acknowledging the wrong doings of the Alt-Right and more focused on one line of phrasing.  The Alt-Right are the same group of people who believe that I should not be able to sit at a table next to them because of my skin color.  Even though I have fought for this country, bled for this country, and have made sacrifices to keep their freedoms, they still see me as inferior and unfit due to how I was born and how I look.  I can guarantee you, no matter how hard you scrub, the black doesn't come off.  I know this.  I tried as a little girl.  No matter what I did, it made no difference.  I grew up feeling as though I didn't belong here.  A land of opportunity where anybody could succeed didn't apply to me.  Oh, how far we have come as a society where the inalienable rights and promises can be applied to every American.  But this group shows the world a truly dark side of America as they wish to go back to a time where people like me should feel that we don't belong.  We need to rise above this.  Our nation should take a strong stance in denying the Alt-Right an ability to be seen as a credible movement in our nation.

This does not mean we change the qualifications of election law to prohibit them from being elected into office.  Although it is difficult for me to look into the eyes of a man who thinks of me as an inferior, my job on this floor is to represent the American values I have fought for, and I have cherished in my life.  Even if that means facing someone with these views.  If there is a portion of America willing to vote for a White Supremacist, then they have every right to do so.  The freedom of speech is protected for them to spout their hate, bigotry, racism, and ethnocentric views.  But just as they have their first amendment rights to glorify these views, I think it is important that WE use OUR first amendment rights as leaders and representatives of the United States of America take a strong stance against as well as unequivocally oppose the Alt-Right's mission.  The mission to make people like me have fewer rights, fewer opportunities, and preserve this land for Whites Only.  Anything less than a condemnation of this group even if allegedly being a neutral party is siding with the Alt-Right.  You cannot play the role of a middle-man when there is a persecutor and the persecuted.  Doing nothing helps the persecutor.  Thus, in order for us to move forward with our nation to condemn these actions without infringing upon the 1st amendment nor election qualifications, I propose the following amendment to remove the portion of section 3 "further, we resolve that no White Nationalists will be sat among us, refusing to seat them. "

Mr. Speaker, I respectfully yield.

A BILL

To publicly decry the AltRight as white sumpracist

This bill may be cited as the Joint Resolution to Condemn the AltRight.

Section 1: Terms & Definitions

Section 2: Findings

Whereas the Alternative Right or Alt-Right have demonstrated publicly that they desire a Caucasian only ethnic state

and

Wheras their fundamental tenants of racism, bigotry, white supremacy, and misogyny are well documented in their blogs, podcasts, and on social media

and 

Whereas their views are totally inconsistent with American values 

and 

whereas our country has already endured the violence that White Nationalism and White Supremacy breeds during our Civil Rights Era

Whereas we recognize that they do not represent the majority of Americans

Section 3: Law Change

We, the Congress of the United States,

do hereby condemn their actions firmly

further,

we resolve that no White Nationalists will be sat among us, refusing to seat them. 

Section 4: Effective Date

The bill shall go into effect upon its constitutional passage.

• Like 1

Mr. President,

In light of recent attacks, I think this bill is more important than ever. As such, I move for unanimous consent.

I yield