TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Daily Announcements

It's been implied elsewhere, but I've officially added the following sentence to the game guide regarding businesses purchasing new assets: 

A new asset does not generate revenue until the following year.

So that means that once I post a 1790 economic update, all players that own companies will need to post a financial update with the revenue from their assets minus taxes owed to the state where the state is headquartered. I'm happy to explain further if anyone doesn't know what I mean by that.

Don't miss the announcement regarding businesses above.

In Conceived in Liberty, we're unique because we don't really have any admin-written news. The idea is that posts in the Pulse of the Nation thread is turned into full news stories by newspaper editors. Note that in this time period objective journalism is exceptionally rare, so journalist characters are in a unique position to shape public opinion. In addition, newspapers are more profitable than businesses because they require player input to succeed. As such let's get some more player-owned newspapers.

To help with this, Benjamin Franklin is offering to provide investment into up to 5 new newspapers. He will provide full funding ($15,000) if necessary, but players are encouraged to put up whatever funds they can for an equivalent number of shares in the newspaper. Regardless of whether you put up funding, he will name your journalist multi as the newspaper owner (thus generating a salary for that character). This offer remains open for just 24 hours. If you want funding from Mr. Franklin just indicate such when creating your newspaper.

With the midterm elections in Capitol Hill I've fallen behind a couple days on this game. Not to worry, things are being caught up ASAP.

President Washington has called for 4 regiments to be assembled and sent to the Northwest Territory. If you are interested in leading one of these regiments, please notify me ASAP and no later than this weekend. If you have an available surrogate point, you can create a new character or even use an existing character (you'll need to resign your current position if using an existing character, of course). All 4 commanders will be given the rank of Lt. Colonel. 

With the Capitol Hill reset, I've fallen a bit behind on the Northwest Territory military campaign and 1792 elections. Not to worry, I'll get things caught up as soon as possible and adjust the game schedule accordingly.

With only a couple of people still participating in the House, it's probably time to close the round. Thank you all.

This is one of my favorite games ever so we'll definitely be back for a new round at some point.

Sign in to follow this