TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
LM32

Infrastructure Improvement Act

The Infrastructure Improvement Act

By Mr. Tyson - NY 3rd District

To help the states economies and prevent an economic collapse every time that this country goes to war, I propose a permanent increase on the budget, per year, of $10,500,000  for the use of infrastructure programs.

Mr. Speaker,

While I commend the purpose of this legislation, I question the effects it will have on our national debt. Spending millions like this could cause greater concern in the long term.  

I yield

Mister Speaker,

Ten and a half million dollars a year in additional spending? The bill is so poorly written, Mister Speaker, and the Gentleman so probably insane, that I can scarcely whether or not we are talking about spending ten and a half million dollars every year in addition to the already-budgeted funds, or if we are talking about adding ten and a half million dollars every year to the ten and a half million dollars from the previous year! Why, by the way, is it something which concerns the good people of South Carolina if the State of New York cannot pay for its own infrastructure development? Why should that funding not come from the taxes raised by the State who seeks to improve?

Sign in to follow this