TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Wm96

Senate Minority Leader Mark Rambor Proposes VP Confirmation Hearing Schedule

Mark Rambor (Senate Multi)

Senate Minority Leader Mark Rambor released a statement proposing a confirmation hearing schedule for Marcus Walker, Nominee for Vice President:

The schedule and method for confirming Marcus Walker has been somewhat contentious in recent days. It’s been proposed that there be a hearing in the Senate, to which the GOP objected because they also wanted a hearing in the house.

I believe that the GOP objection is valid. The people deserve to have a full vetting of the nominee for Vice President, so this is my proposed schedule:

We have a hearing in the House, and if the house votes to confirm the nominee, he will immediately proceed to a confirmation hearing in the senate as well. This way, we all get to ask the questions we want, and no one gets shut out.

I look forward to working with my colleagues of both parties to work out the best possible method of confirming this qualified nominee. Thank you.

OOC: as far as the length of the hearings go, I have no idea. Whatever the admins think is a fair amount of time for all of us to get our questions in is fine with me.

View full PR

On 9/15/2018 at 12:12 AM, Wm96 said:

Mark Rambor (Senate Multi)

Senate Minority Leader Mark Rambor released a statement proposing a confirmation hearing schedule for Marcus Walker, Nominee for Vice President:

The schedule and method for confirming Marcus Walker has been somewhat contentious in recent days. It’s been proposed that there be a hearing in the Senate, to which the GOP objected because they also wanted a hearing in the house.

I believe that the GOP objection is valid. The people deserve to have a full vetting of the nominee for Vice President, so this is my proposed schedule:

We have a hearing in the House, and if the house votes to confirm the nominee, he will immediately proceed to a confirmation hearing in the senate as well. This way, we all get to ask the questions we want, and no one gets shut out.

I look forward to working with my colleagues of both parties to work out the best possible method of confirming this qualified nominee. Thank you.

OOC: as far as the length of the hearings go, I have no idea. Whatever the admins think is a fair amount of time for all of us to get our questions in is fine with me.

View full PR

Momentum: 3

On 9/15/2018 at 1:42 PM, TexAgRepublican said:

We didn't object to anything.

Please don't reply to PRs.

Sign in to follow this