TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

The Sentinel

The_Sentinel.png

On State Debts and National Unity

By Declan Owens

Now that the war is over and our new nation founded we have an obligation to carry on the work of the Continental Congress and continue building this nations prosperity. The Tariff Act, while not ideal, is the start down that path. Assumption of state debts as envisioned by Alexander Hamilton himself, is the next step. We have an opportunity to build our nations credit and economy. By paying off state debts at their face value, and by selling federal securities to encourage people to have faith in our government, we take many more steps down the road to economic success. The people of Virginia, my people, have stood by this plan to make our nation prosper. 

Some of the Republican's and Independents in Congress put forward fear tactics. To make every state, every community, and every citizen fearful that the federal government will be no different then King George himself. Let me tell you that President Washington, Vice President Adams, and the Federalists in Congress will not be that. We want prosperity for our country. Urge your Congressmen to support the Assumption Act. It's good for Virginia, it's good for Massachusetts, it's good for all states.

Edited by Michael

The_Sentinel.png

Protecting Our Property And Liberty

By Declan Owens

War. War is never truly over. After spending long years at war with the greatest power the world has ever seen, we abandoned our army, we abandoned our navy. All for what we fought for, the Liberty that many of our friends, family, and neighbors died for, the Constitution we all swear an oath to. While I put my own life on the line for that ideal, I was saddened that we abandon our national defense in the process. Our militia's while honorable, are not organized enough to fight another war. Nor organized enough to fight back a prolonged Indian offensive that would kill us all. How soon till the world see's us limping and how soon till they smell the blood in the water. I don't want my children or my children's children to be put in that situation. Do you? 

Today I traveled to Richmond to speak with member of our General Assembly and delivered a bill I hope that they will consider. That bill is the Virginia State Guard Act. This act will establish an organized military force comprised of both militia and regulars. Solider's capable of withstanding even the greatest powers in the world. This State Guard will be responsible for defending our state sovereignty and protecting our land from Indian's in the west and the world to the east. I stand behind this act as I urge you to as well. Urge your Assemblyman to vote in favor of the Virginia State Guard Act to protect Virginia's future.

The_Sentinel.png

President Washington appoints Jefferson and Hamilton to Government

By Jameson Owens

After considering Representative Declan Owen's legislation to establish the Department of State and the Department of Treasury, the House of Representative and the Senate have both passed the legislation. Mr. Owen's had accomplished two significant goals of President Washington's Administration. After personally delivering both pieces of legislation to the President's desk for his signature. Mr. Owen's said that "We move one step forward to a competent government that can deal with national and international problems.

After signing the legislation President Washington appointed Virginia native Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton as the nominee's to lead the Department of State and the Department of Treasury respectively. With individuals like Representative Owens, President Washington, and Thomas Jefferson in our government, Virginia continues to be in the forefront of our new democracy.

The_Sentinel.png

New York Threatens War

By Jameson Owens

Recently New York Governor George Clinton was approached by a representative from Vermont about the possibility of seeking reconciliation of their border to secure statehood. After speaking with member of New York's Congressional delegation who all advocated for the forceful takeover of the Vermont territory. Per the Constitution States are prohibited from entering into an sort of agreement or using force without the consent of Congress. "Congress has not given it's consent nor will it. If a territory is seeking statehood, then we will use every power granted to us to see that process through." Said Declan Owens, a representative to Congress from Virginia. "I plan to urge congress to send a delegation to New York to mediate and come to an equitable solution that takes into account New York's claims and Vermont's request for statehood." He continued.

Recently Congressman Owens proposed the Vermont Resolution Act, which authorizes the creation of a delegation to negotiate a compromise between the State of New York and the Vermont Territory. There is some fear that before the Act can be passed that New York with begin a war to keep the territory in their control. "There is some concern in Congress that there could be war. I hope to avoid that for the sake of National Unity." Said Owens. 

Regardless this puts a spotlight on the Federal Government to see how they handle this situation. Will it be overreach or is this a states right issues? We won't know till the match is already lit.

The_Sentinel.png

Virginia, New York Pass Massive Militia Reorganization Acts

By Jameson Owens

The Virginia General Assembly has recently passed a militia reform bill that will officially create a standing state guard to protect Virginia's borders and interests. The legislation authored by Congressmen Declan Owens of Virginia's First District, reforms the state militia organizations into a newly created executive department call the Virginia State Guard Bureau. "After spending several years in the Continental Army, I understand the importance of maintaining a strong national defense." Said Congressmen Owens. The act will also create a military academy to train new officers to be built in Virginia at a location to be determined. Rumored locations have included Norfolk, Alexandria, and Richmond. 

Following Virginia's lead the New York State Legislature has passed a similar bill. "I'm pleased to see my legislation gaining ground. I hope that other states follow Virginia's lead like New York has. This is just a precursor to the Uniformed Services that our country needs." Said Owens. Following New York's passing of the legislation though, their still remains the concern of the Vermont Crisis. Virginia's prominent Congressman Declan Owens has authored legislation that will hopefully end the crisis where it stands. 

The_Sentinel.png

Front Page Stories

By Jameson Owens

Franklin's Passing - News is spreading across the nation that Benjamin Franklin, a hero of our struggle for independence, has passed away at his home in Philadelphia. The nation mourns the passing of a patriot. Eulogies and expressions of sympathy from across the nation have poured in to honor the fallen father of our country. 

North Carolina Cede's Territory - North Carolina has voted to cede territory west of of the Appalachian mountains to the Federal Government. Bill expected in Congress to accept the territory and reorganize it.

Patrick Owens Runs for Governor  - Patrick Owens, the CEO of Owens America, has filed to run for Governor of Virginia. Owen's currently an Independent is expected to carry the Federalist banner that his brother Declan Owens, a prominent Congressman from Virginia, waves in Congress.

Sign in to follow this