TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggy

Labradoodle Condemns White Supremacy, Talks Resolution

Ralph Labradoodle

If by "White Nationalism" and "Alt-Right" the resolution means, "the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society", then of course I condemn ANY AND ALL forms of race supremacy including white supremacy. I condemn ANY AND ALL neo-nazi organizations. I believe that every citizen of our fine country, should be judge, as Dr. King so eloquently stated, " Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." I believe this point should be universal regardless of party. I think all of us can agree that such behavior is wrong, immoral and despicable. For that reason I voted in favor of the resolution condemning such a belief. 

If however the resolution and the people who authored and supported it, mean to use loose terms like "white nationalist" and "alt-right" as a way to accuse anyone of conservative ideas (which are different than white-supremacy) of being a white supremacist, I of course condemn such an action as being political and using the delicate topic of race as a political pawn...which would be despicable and unbecoming of any public servant. 

View full PR

On 9/15/2018 at 8:45 PM, Shiggy said:

Ralph Labradoodle

If by "White Nationalism" and "Alt-Right" the resolution means, "the belief that white people are superior to those of all other races, especially the black race, and should therefore dominate society", then of course I condemn ANY AND ALL forms of race supremacy including white supremacy. I condemn ANY AND ALL neo-nazi organizations. I believe that every citizen of our fine country, should be judge, as Dr. King so eloquently stated, " Not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character." I believe this point should be universal regardless of party. I think all of us can agree that such behavior is wrong, immoral and despicable. For that reason I voted in favor of the resolution condemning such a belief. 

If however the resolution and the people who authored and supported it, mean to use loose terms like "white nationalist" and "alt-right" as a way to accuse anyone of conservative ideas (which are different than white-supremacy) of being a white supremacist, I of course condemn such an action as being political and using the delicate topic of race as a political pawn...which would be despicable and unbecoming of any public servant. 

View full PR

Momentum: 4

I'm not sure you didn't play into their hand here, but at least we're putting it behind us.

Sign in to follow this