TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggy

State Business Taxes

I (Jay Johnstone) suggest that the state of Massachusetts lowers the business tax from 10% to 2.5% so that wealthy citizens will be encouraged to have their businesses headquartered in MAS.In addition, I encourages that the newspaper tax is lowered to 2.5% so as to promote the liberty of freedom of press and the value of having an educated citizenry.

Just now, Shiggy said:

I (Jay Johnstone) suggest that the state of Massachusetts lowers the business tax from 10% to 2.5% so that wealthy citizens will be encouraged to have their businesses headquartered in MAS.In addition, I encourages that the newspaper tax is lowered to 2.5% so as to promote the liberty of freedom of press and the value of having an educated citizenry.

@Bruce

Governor Johnstone is encouraged to open debate in the legislature on the issue to ask other players from the state (if there are any) their opinion on the issue.

OOC: Being governor is basically chairing the state legislature in this thread. The mechanics of it are a little murky, so there are undoubtedly going to be some things we figure out along the way.

6 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Governor Johnstone is encouraged to open debate in the legislature on the issue to ask other players from the state (if there are any) their opinion on the issue.

OOC: Being governor is basically chairing the state legislature in this thread. The mechanics of it are a little murky, so there are undoubtedly going to be some things we figure out along the way.

OOC: OK thanks, 

I do not think there are any other players from Massachusetts.....so am I chairing a debate with  myself? In that case would I basically propose things and you sim whether it would pass in MAS or not?

On 10/2/2018 at 4:36 PM, Shiggy said:

Massachusetts: Lower Business Tax to 2.5%
  Federalists Republicans Independents Total
Aye 55   10 65
Nay   25 10 35
Abstain       0

Massachusetts: Lower Newspaper Tax to 2.5%
  Federalists Republicans Independents Total
Aye 55   10 65
Nay   25 10 35
Abstain       0

Both bills pass.

Sign in to follow this