TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Shiggy

You Say A Is Smaller Than B

A logical guide through the arguments for slavery.

By Governor Jay Johnstone

I examine the moral arguments made for Slavery and explain the logical inconsistency of arguments defending the moral decrepitness that is slavery.

You say A. is white, and B. is black. It is color, then; the lighter, having the right to enslave the darker? Take care. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with a fairer skin than your own.

You do not mean color exactly?--You mean the whites are intellectually the superiors of the blacks, and, therefore have the right to enslave them? Take care again. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with an intellect superior to your own.

But, say you, it is a question of interest; and, if you can make it your interest, you have the right to enslave another. Very well. And if he can make it his interest, he has the right to enslave you.

Edited by Shiggy

On 10/5/2018 at 3:55 PM, Shiggy said:

A logical guide through the arguments for slavery.

By Governor Jay Johnstone

I examine the moral arguments made for Slavery and explain the logical inconsistency of arguments defending the moral decrepitness that is slavery.

You say A. is white, and B. is black. It is color, then; the lighter, having the right to enslave the darker? Take care. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with a fairer skin than your own.

You do not mean color exactly?--You mean the whites are intellectually the superiors of the blacks, and, therefore have the right to enslave them? Take care again. By this rule, you are to be slave to the first man you meet, with an intellect superior to your own.

But, say you, it is a question of interest; and, if you can make it your interest, you have the right to enslave another. Very well. And if he can make it his interest, he has the right to enslave you.

@Bruce

56 minutes ago, Bruce said:

OOC: Not ignoring this, I just need to finish the economic update before I can grade it. :)

ok sorry

On 10/10/2018 at 8:40 AM, Bruce said:

OOC: Not ignoring this, I just need to finish the economic update before I can grade it. :)

actually hold off on this for now. I will publish on a different topic first