TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Batman

LPAC

This is LPAC where politicians (almost exclusively Democrats)  come and talk to various Liberal PACS in order to scam ask PACS for their monies, speeches maybe posted here now through the 14th. (Also if you chose to speak to multiple PACs please do so in one post, and label the PACs your speaking too, you don't have to do either but it will make grading and handing out money faster and easier)

NAACP Liberal $100,000,000 $0 $100,000,000
AFL-CIO Liberal $100,000,000 $0 $100,000,000
Sierra Club Liberal $100,000,000 $0 $100,000,000
Move On Liberal $100,000,000 $0 $100,000,000
Brady Campaign Liberal $100,000,000 $0 $100,000,000
Edited by Batman

Hello everyone, I am hear to talk about a disease. A disease of racism in our nation. Too many young African American men are being killed in our streets. Too many are being affected by slurs or blatant attacks. We must do something to help this. We need to help our African American brethren to be truly equal to the whites. We need to give the not only civil equality but economic equality. But if you ask a republican they’re say this isn’t a problem. That blacks have never had it better in this nation. Just because they’ve never had it better doesn’t mean they’re in a good situation. That is why I’m calling on all numbers of congress to help pass legislation to make all men truly equal. But we also cannot stop at just African Americans. We need to also guarantee liberties to the LGBT community. I have firsthand experience with discrimination. I thought when I grew up I would never have to hear any more stories of children being bullied to the point where they commit suicide just for being gay. For being who they are. We need to help students with mental health problems. We need to help schools be a environment of acceptance. We need actual equality. Equality for bis, gays, lesbians, transgender people, African Americans and every other group that is truly not equal. Thank you!

Karl Cox to the Sierra Club

Hello, it’s great to be here and to be speaking with you all today. It is evident to me and to all those who are paying attention that climate change is the single most pressing issue facing our nation and our world. As our predictive models get more accurate, the picture gets more dire. We are on track right to reach up to 4 degrees of warming, which will be absolutely catastrophic. With the right innovations and policy, most experts believe it to be possible to keep this warming to only two degrees, which would make a stark difference. The policies include increased money for research, a carbon tax, greater subsidies for renewable energy, and infrastructure development.

We have a President that won’t even commit to the least controversial of these policies. Instead, he has taken a fossil fuel first approach, removing environmental regulations from the coal and oil indistries. These policies have led to greater pollution and environmental degradation, and they will eventually lead to more warming.

This is why we need to put Democrats in office. We wills fight for better regulations, more innovation, and policies that will lead to a better environment. My Climate Change Education Act would help, but without a Democratic President and a Democratic Congress, it is unlikely that we will even be able to pass that bill.

With your support, we can take back our government, and we can take on an ambitious mission. We can conserve our precious environment, curtail pollution, and mitigate this crisis.

Thank you.

OOC: http://www.worldbank.org/en/news/press-release/2012/11/18/new-report-examines-risks-of-degree-hotter-world-by-end-of-century

Edited by Wm96

Mark Rambor to the AFL-CIO

Hello. I am glad to be here, talking about what used to be the backbone of Democratic politics: workers.

During my campaign in 2018, I talked a lot about workers and workers rights. I talked about my grandfather, who worked on the Hoover Dam, and so many other laborers who fought for and won better rights, wages, and working conditions in the early 1900s. That was a fight that Democrats won, and we helped people through that fight.

Since then, we’ve somehow let Republicans come in and pay lip service to workers, but in reality, just work for their corporate interests. We need to get back to that workers first agenda. We need to fight for stronger unions, a higher minimum wage, worker protections, safety regulation, paid family leave, and a fairer tax system.

Republicans have done none of that. Since being in power, they’ve gutted unions, passed massive tax cuts for the wealthy, all while not allowing the Schedules that Work Act and the Family Act to reach the Senate floor. If we manage to win a majority in the Senate, workers rights will be a priority for me as Majority Leader.

Workers are the backbone of this country. I believe workers rights should be bipartisan, but if we face facts, they aren’t right now. 

Thank you.

Good evening. When i took the Speakership, I set out to make sure that the bills that we debated were for the benefit of the majority of Americans. I want to highlight some of those accomplishments. I wrote and pushed through a bill that would extend tax credits for those that drive environmentally friendly vehicles. I believe that the incentives to going green should include keeping more of your hard earned money. The GOP has turned down this idea, for the first time refusing tax cuts. This is an encouraging reward for making good environmental changes. When we encourage good decisions, we can take a large step forward for the environment. 

I pushed through the Alt-Right Condemnation. This i thought was a simple step. Racism has no place in our society. The Republicans not only feel so strongly as to turn it down, but they have yet to distance themselves from the Alt-Right, rather welcoming them into their ranks. I sought to legalize marijuana, which would clear non violent offenders from our jails. Our drug laws often times disproportionately target minority communities. The GOP isn’t interested in this. I refuse to bow to their nationalistic, discriminatory approach. Voter ID law and the the citizenship from birth removal are ploys to rob minority’s of their voting rights and to establish the very thing their far right allies want. Not just no, hell no. 

And let’s not forget the worker. Ending right to work laws which hurt unions. Paternal leave paid, schedules for workers that help create a work-life balance. These are all things that I’ve made, and will continue to mke a strong push for. But I need help. The GOP is going to keep running roughshod over minoirites, the environment, and workers. They’re going to keep doing it. We took a big step when we got the House, be we need to keep going. So please, help us. Help us end the insanity that we live under in this Fitz Flop. 

John Alexander LPAC RESULTS:

NAACP: $4,000,000 Fantastic firey speech that provided everything...but answers. Not one piece of legislation introduced or voted on was mentioned and while they are glad your as ticked about this problem as they are they'd like to see you doing something, instead this just comes off as a lot of bluster, good bluster but just bluster. Had you provided legislation you'd introduced or voted on, as well as cleaning up the ending which seemed kinda rushed you'd have gotten the maximum amount.

Karl Cox LPAC RESULTS:

SIERRA CLUB: $6,000,000 Perfect speech that rilled up the crowd for Sierra club and sent them a running to their checkbooks well done

Mark Rambor LPAC RESULTS:

AFL-CIO: $5,350,000 The only thing keeping this from being the maximum amount where's your legislation? You talk about how important this issue is to but fail to bring it home by saying the bills you've introduced to help the AFL-CIO cause.

John Knox LPAC RESULTS:

Sierra Club: $1,310,000 A pretty meh speech here it seemed like you just crammed them in but they still like the bill and the dig at the GOP.

NAACP: $6,000,000 GOP read this speech this is the type of punchiness and fire that'll get you the big bucks from PACs plus the fact he backed it up with what's he's done to further the NAACP cause man this was a great one to get the crowd going.

AFL-CIO:  $310,000 Man as good as that NAACP speech was this one was just...... bad especially when your fighting for an endorsement from this PAC and your opponent doesn't show up to LPAC you could've easily clinched this endorsement instead you leave the AFL-CIO crowd going "uh did he mean to speak to us at all?"