TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Jsawrie

Knox meets with business owners in Reno

Hello Speaker Knox,

I’m worried about our national debt. It just keeps growing, and it seems like we’re just passing off the problem to our children. How would you go about paying off the debt?

Mr. Knox,

As a business owner were the minimum wage to go up more than a dollar I wouldn't be able to afford to keep all my current employees. Do you want the minimum wage to go up and by how much?

20 hours ago, Kurt Faulhammer said:

Mr. Knox,

As a business owner were the minimum wage to go up more than a dollar I wouldn't be able to afford to keep all my current employees. Do you want the minimum wage to go up and by how much?

I’d rather us help people up instead of force businesses to pay. Increasing the minimum wage makes me nervous. I know it’s a common push, and I get the issue. Some companies SHOULD pay more. Walmart is in my home state. They pay minimum wage. But they also cheat employees out of hours.many of their employees are on government assistance because they don’t make enough. But i am worried about small business who would have to raise prices or cut hours. That’s my hesitancy. I’d rather make sure people can get the education they need to earn a good wage while Keeping prices low. Unfortunately, the tariffs and impending trade war the President has decided on his own to launch us into is hurting prices. It will damage the economy and could turn us into a recession.