TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Bruce

Round 6 Announcements

It's my pleasure to announce that @Magenta will be joining the admin team. Magenta comes to the table with years of govsim experience and will be a valuable asset to the team. Generally he'll be taking over Shiggy's duties but that may be adjusted in the coming days/weeks.

There is a new mafia-style game opening on the boards with signups open now. If you've never played this style of game before, it's generally a lot of fun. As an added bonus, if a Capitol Hill player is the winner(s) of the round of Werewolf, you will receive $10 million to your Capitol Hill warchest for your highest ranked character (Governor>House>Regional Character>2020 Candidate).

Hey folks apologise for my going AWOL over the week, lots of craziness, however, I am back now and will be catching up on all of the things

I'm going to be helping out and taking over grading both Presidential primaries and the General Election. Don't forget that the filing deadline is tomorrow! I'll have the first national and state public polls going out tonight.

We've hit a snag getting the new election formulas updated for the Presidential election, so we're going to have to make due with the best we have available. Everything remains the same from a player perspective, the only noticeable difference is that turnout will not be a factor during this specific election.

Regional elections are still able to use the new (updated after the special election) formulas. 

The delegate totals are as follows. Note while in the GOP there are varying thresholds to receive delegates from primaries, in the DNC there is a 15% threshold for every state. In other words, candidates that receive less than 15% of the votes will not receive any delegates from that state.

State Voters Dem Delegates Rep Delegates GOP Primary
Alabama 2,179,351 60 50 20% Threshold
Alaska 315,708 20 28 13% Threshold
Arizona 2,415,654 85 58 WTA
Arkansas 1,123,610 37 40 15% Threshold
California 13,698,623 548 172 15% Threshold
Colorado 2,699,602 78 37 Proportional
Connecticut 1,637,882 71 28 WTA
Delaware 434,876 31 16 WTA
DC 308,636 46 19 15% Threshold
Florida 8,903,184 246 99 WTA
Georgia 4,097,490 117 76 20% Threshold
Hawaii 456,704 35 19 Proportional
Idaho 685,295 27 32 20% Threshold
Illinois 5,507,391 182 69 WTA
Indiana 2,757,401 92 57 WTA
Iowa 1,662,278 52 30 Proportional
Kansas 1,218,695 37 40 10% Threshold
Kentucky 1,888,196 60 46 5% Threshold
Louisiana 2,095,015 59 46 20% Threshold
Maine 749,285 30 23 10% Threshold
Maryland 2,844,385 118 38 WTA
Massachusetts 3,328,135 116 42 5% Threshold
Michigan 4,970,466 147 59 15% Threshold
Minnesota 3,085,224 93 38 10% Threshold
Mississippi 1,350,667 41 40 15% Threshold
Missouri 2,896,912 84 52 WTA
Montana 508,553 27 27 WTA
Nebraska 834,594 30 36 WTA
Nevada 1,066,298 43 30 Proportional
New Hampshire 746,965 32 23 10% Threshold
New Jersey 3,824,582 142 51 WTA
New Mexico 823,436 43 24 15% Threshold
New York 7,439,643 291 95 20% Threshold
North Carolina 4,733,456 121 72 Proportional
North Dakota 338,960 23 28 Proportional
Ohio 5,863,370 160 66 Proportional
Oklahoma 1,402,450 42 43 15% Threshold
Oregon 1,879,852 74 28 Proportional
Pennsylvania 6,044,950 210 71 WTA
Rhode Island 468,630 33 19 10% Threshold
South Carolina 2,063,551 59 50 WTA
South Dakota 382,233 25 29 WTA
Tennessee 2,583,042 75 58 20% Threshold
Texas 8,398,540 251 155 20% Threshold
Utah 1,068,948 37 40 15% Threshold
Vermont 314,442 26 16 20% Threshold
Virginia 4,049,623 109 49 Proportional
Washington 3,283,745 118 44 20% Threshold
West Virginia 704,379 37 34 WTA
Wisconsin 3,223,773 96 42 WTA
Wyoming 261,670 18 29 Proportional
Totals 135,620,349 4,634 2,413 -

I have enabled the support function on the forum in order to foster complaints or feedback with the administration team or the game as a whole. Complaints made in the general sections of the forums will no longer be tolerated. Any complaints made in these sections will automatically be locked and ignored. If after your complaint is locked, and you make another post, you will be given an official warning. 

Use this if you would like to make a complaint, and it will be dealt with. Thank you.

Furthermore, administrators will no longer be dealing with complaints through telegram

12 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I have enabled the support function on the forum in order to foster complaints or feedback with the administration team or the game as a whole. Complaints made in the general sections of the forums will no longer be tolerated. Any complaints made in these sections will automatically be locked and ignored. If after your complaint is locked, and you make another post, you will be given an official warning. 

Use this if you would like to make a complaint, and it will be dealt with. Thank you.

Furthermore, administrators will no longer be dealing with complaints through telegram

You can also track the progress of your request by visiting the link. http://teddervision.com/support/

The following rule is implemented in the Public Events forum (townhalls, press conferences, etc).

Players are encouraged to participate in one anothers events, but are limited to asking no more than 1 question and 1 followup.

With Governor Williams leaving the earthly plane, we will be holding a very quick special election to complete the term. The election will use the following schedule:

December 16: Filing Deadline (No campaigning)
December 17: Turn 1; Primaries, if necessary (12 hours)
December 19: Turn 2 (12 hours)
December 21: Turn 3 (12 hours)

Finally, a couple rule clarifications

Regarding player warchest transfers: 

A player is permitted to transfer 40% of his or her warchest(s) before signing out of the game, but the sum of all these final donations will be deducted from that player's next character's starting funds if he or she returns to the game within the same round.

Regarding expected behavior on Telegram, the following language (what's bolded) has been added to the game rules:

Telegram Behavior

On Telegram when talking to admins and/or on the Capitol Hill official general chat(s), the same rules of behavior applies. The CH general chat is owned and moderated by the admin team. Therefore, in the official Capitol Hill chat room(s), the CH admin team are given full authority to moderate the chat and warn, suspend or ban people from said chats as well as warn, suspend or ban people on TedderVision for improper behavior. Likewise in any direct communication to an admin or multiple admins on Telegram, the members of the admin team have the right to moderate and warn users for improper behavior.

In non-official chats and private discussions between players, the admin team may not be present and is therefore not responsible for anything said or done here. Screenshots of improper behavior in these chats is not sufficient to warrant penalties because of their ability to be manipulated, but players are obviously expected to remain respectful at all times whether admins are around or not. The admin team reserves the right to restrict access to this game for improper behavior (trolling, harassing, etc.) by players related to the game on other forums, instant message systems, or other communicative tools.

Beginning immediately I'm taking over the Southeast region. Conrad keeps his other duties. @Nubbie @Calvin Ward 

On a related note, I'm looking for 2 more admins. Please PM me if interested. I care less about govsim experience as I care about passion for the game and the willingness to be a team player.

Spreadsheets for the West Coast governor special election have been finalized and the schedule adjusted as you see below.

December 16: Filing Deadline (No campaigning)
December 19: Turn 1; Primaries, if necessary (12 hours)
December 20: Turn 2 (12 hours)
December 21: Turn 3 (12 hours)

The candidates can submit campaign schedules here: 

@Ryan @Jellybeans @Sovereign

This has been discussed on telegram previously, but I'm posting here so everyone is on the same page. With the new spreadsheets I had to make on the fly for 2020, we've had to eliminate the voter turnout function. This means that all voters from the Demographics will cast a vote. This doesn't necessarily change your election strategies I wouldn't imagine (not majorly at least). Rallies & positive ads still boost your own support among the respective group you target while negative ads reduce your opponent's support.

As the game continues to grow, the AB continues to try to provide exceptional player feedback while balancing their workload to keep up with other duties. As such, we can no longer respond individually to player actions such as press releases, public events, etc. Instead, each admin will provide approval ratings for each character within his region at least once per week. For these grades, all IC actions (including votes/debate in Congress, press releases, social media, public events, etc) will be taken into consideration. @Wm96 is grading for characters in the West Coast and Northeast. @Batman is grading for characters in the Plains and Southeast. @Magenta is grading for characters in the Midwest. @Conrad is grading POTUS, VPOTUS, and Cabinet members.

Furthermore, we're trying to get back to our roots as a Congressional simulation. Therefore I will personally (with Magenta lending a hand as necessary) be providing feedback on the goings on in Congress beginning with the next docket. In order to be successful in this game, participation in the U.S. & Regional Governments forums should be the players' main focus. The News & Social Media forums are still effective, particularly in shaping public opinion, but your top priority should be the legislative process.

Because of the ample opportunities for fundraising with midsession schedules and to encourage legitimate activity in the game, I'm going to be significantly reducing the amount of starting cash that a new player gets when signing in.

Also, if you haven't done so already please take a moment to grade the AB with the link below. Your feedback is very valuable and we've only gotten a few responses so far.

On 12/25/2018 at 10:21 PM, Bruce said:

Please give us feedback on Round 6 so far by filling out the short form linked below. All responses are completely anonymous.

https://goo.gl/forms/hrxw4BI8e7UOTGCG2

((Don't miss the announcement above regarding starting cash for new players))

It has been apparent for some time now that the use of databases for characters, press releases, and press questions have caused the boards to be a bit buggy. To rectify this, I've deleted those databases and changed the permission masks to allow you guys to post directly in the appropriate forums to create a new character or post press releases. For press releases, all characters should now maintain a Press Office where you will post all PRs as a reply to the same thread. I've taken the liberty of combining all previous PRs and press questions into press offices for you, so please continue to use that thread.

After speaking with numerous players and the AB, it has become obvious that allowing the Speaker, HML, HMW, HmL, and HmW to submit schedules for elections creates an unfair environment for the GOP because they started the round in the House minority. Allowing the Democrats an extra 8 hours per race per turn puts the GOP at an unfair disadvantage at no fault of their own (because we started the round with the Dems in the majority and the GOP-controlled White House and Senate are NPCS and don't submit schedules). Therefore, for this 2020 election we're eliminating the HMW's ability to submit schedules. @Osiris Storm hasn't submitted any schedules yet, so that's the fairest way to move forward for this election. 

To the Democrats: When I am playing a game, being given an advantage that I didn't earn took away how proud I am for winning an election. This shouldn't be seen as a handicap, but rather leveling the playing field. If you're anything like me, you'd rather win on your own merits than by winning on an advantage you didn't earn.

To the Republicans: Please accept my apologies for not doing this earlier. If we had done a House election to start the round it'd be a different story, but by the way it was set up I admit it was going to put you at a disadvantage. I hope you'll accept that the AB tries to make things as fair as possible to everyone playing the game.

This applies to just the 2020 election. After the election, the AB will discuss the fairest way to move forward in subsequent elections.

Again, my apologies for the confusion. I realize that changing things this close to the election makes the AB look a little silly, but I can live with that if we can make the game fairest to all players. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

I'm happy to announce that @Anthony and @Doomhammer are joining the admin team. Anthony will be taking over Congress and will be the regional admin for the West Coast and Plains. Doomhammer will be doing elections and liberal PACs. In the current election he will be taking over the following races: Northeast Governor, Southeast Senator, Plains Governor, and West Coast Senator. I'll continue doing the Presidential election while Magenta will finish out the Midwest Senator election. In later elections Doomhammer will take over all races and the mid-session schedules. 

The admin roles in their entirety have been updated here:

Sign in to follow this