TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Andy

Gutiérrez: I will refuse to send National Guard to border

Carmen Gutiérrez (Gov multi)

Carmen Gutiérrez, candidate for West Coast Governor, today declared that, if elected, she would take all possible steps to prevent the deployment of the Arizona Army National Guard to the border, following an Executive Order by President Trump.

“The National Guard have no place at our border. Border security is a job for the Border Patrol,” Gutiérrez explained. “The military are deliberately and expressly forbidden from doing law enforcement work.”

“I believe the President's Executive Order is unconstitutional. If I am elected as Governor, I will refuse the President's request. I will take all possible steps to follow my constitutional duty as the Commander-in-Chief of that National Guard to stop them being used unlawfully.”

“Trump's actions are nothing to do with border security or immigration. They are everything to do with making himself look like a tough guy, and pandering to the racists and white nationalists amongst his supporters. As a proud Arizonan, I will not allow him to use the people of Arizona to do so.”

View full PR

This really motivates and excites progressives. Moderates are wary of the combativeness and conservatives hate it.

Sign in to follow this