TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Nubbie

Sharp takes questions after the House Investigation Committee

This afternoon, the House Majority Whip Preston Moss, testified in front our Committee to give his account into potential misconduct regarding Congressman Hamilton's vote on the Fitzgerald I amendment of the DACA bill. In this testimony, in response to a question from myself, Congressman Moss responded, and I quote, "I admit after hearing of the offer of $10 million (to Mr. Hamilton) I offered $5 million to sweeten the deal.  I would like to clarify for the record that I am a freshman congressman and really did not have any knowledge of federal code." I think it's concerning that the Majority Whip doesn't have the knowledge of federal code, especially when it pertains to corruption. I immediately made the suggestion that this case be handled by the FBI. After the hearing, Mr. Moss to my knowledge was taken into custody by FBI agents. I will take a few questions now.

Congressman,

How, in your estimation, did the Democrat Party elect a man so unethical to serve in their House leadership? Are they such bad judges of character, or are they also unethical?

Just now, Ryan said:

Congressman,

How, in your estimation, did the Democrat Party elect a man so unethical to serve in their House leadership? Are they such bad judges of character, or are they also unethical?

I'm not going to make judgments, that's for a federal court to decide in the case of Mr. Moss. This investigation is not over by any means, there are still questions to be asked, and I feel that we've only started in seeing how deep this can go.

So you believe that the corruption in the DNC runs even deeper? What are the next steps, Congressman?

I'm not going to say it's just the DNC. If there are members of my own party that have been found to be complicit in criminal acts, I will ask for the same things that have happened to Preston Moss happen to them. We still have Congressman Hamilton to question in this case, which will be done at a later date as he is back in Illinois for the primary tonight.

2 minutes ago, Dogslife said:

How does someone mistake a $10 million dollar bribe? Seems like something that would be pretty clear.

That's something to ask Congressman Hamilton. I won't speak on his case as it hasn't happened yet.