Jump to content
TedderVision
Ryan

PACs

Recommended Posts

So far, the only  PACs who have done anything have been the extremely liberal ones. Now that we are in an election period, it seems unfair to me that the only PACs who have done anything are the ones who are least likely to contribute to conservative and Republican campaigns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryan said:

So far, the only  PACs who have done anything have been the extremely liberal ones. Now that we are in an election period, it seems unfair to me that the only PACs who have done anything are the ones who are least likely to contribute to conservative and Republican campaigns.

 

I mean.......its hard to offer them much when the DNC is pushing such radical bills through. They dont need motivation to vote no on daca and a gay rights amendment. If the DNC had been offering more bipartisan bills, there would be more incentive for PACS to offer motivation to republicans to compromise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm raising it with the admins and player base because I regard this as being a problem for the game, in which we all have a stake. Also, aren't you supposed to be in bed or something, which is why we couldn't move on the Resolution to Censure Moss?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shiggy said:

 

I mean.......its hard to offer them much when the DNC is pushing such radical bills through. They dont need motivation to vote no on daca and a gay rights amendment. If the DNC had been offering more bipartisan bills, there would be more incentive for PACS to offer motivation to republicans to compromise. 

So conservative PACs won't fund conservative candidates in races if the Democrats are too liberal? Does that make any sense to anyone else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan said:

So conservative PACs won't fund conservative candidates in races if the Democrats are too liberal? Does that make any sense to anyone else?

 

You misunderstand. I was speaking just about bills. Yes conservative PACS will be making appearances for candidates in the governor/POTUS races. I am sorry that I have not been able to do as much wtih that lately. I have been distracted by pollling, grading campaigns running a circus and arresting the majority whip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly would like to see a PAC questionnaire for major pacs . it would make for a fair and balanced endorsements and such. Something that could be put in the election schedule maybe all of them due by the deadline of the election sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Dogslife said:

They aren’t going to waste they’re money on things they know won’t pass.

 

As far as bills......yes....exactly. They are not going to push for as many incentives for bills that they know have no chance of passing the house.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No, but they would spend their money on making sure that Republicans regain control of the House, keep control of the Senate, and the White House and gain control of the regions. Especially since the Democrats have been so extremely liberal, and especially since the Democrats now have had the Majority House Whip arrested...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shiggy said:

 

You misunderstand. I was speaking just about bills. Yes conservative PACS will be making appearances for candidates in the governor/POTUS races. I am sorry that I have not been able to do as much wtih that lately. I have been distracted by pollling, grading campaigns running a circus and arresting the majority whip. 

🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryan said:

No, but they would spend their money on making sure that Republicans regain control of the House, keep control of the Senate, and the White House and gain control of the regions. Especially since the Democrats have been so extremely liberal, and especially since the Democrats now have had the Majority House Whip arrested...

 

And you will see that in time. Again....I apologize that we have not rolled this our sooner, but we have been busy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TexAgRepublican said:

I don't think he's talking about offering money. He's talking about giving grades. 

 

Just now, Shiggy said:

 

And you will see that in time. Again....I apologize that we have not rolled this our sooner, but we have been busy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexAgRepublican said:

I don't think he's talking about offering money. He's talking about giving grades. 

Both/and really. If your PAC is dedicated entirely to, say, curbing illegal immigration and you have the most pro-amnesty, unwilling to deal Democrats in the House, you might consider funding their opponents pretty damned heavily to make sure those Democrats don't stay in the House and the people who want to stop illegal immigration get into the House. But also, we don't have any grades and so we've had to do our first round of campaigning with absolutely 0 idea of where we stand and 0 money donated into our campaigns. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shiggy said:

 

And you will see that in time. Again....I apologize that we have not rolled this our sooner, but we have been busy. 

I get that you've been busy; I'm just saying that we also are in the throes of an election now and kind of need that information to make strategic assessments. To be honest, this wouldn't be a big deal if the more liberal PACs were equally ignored, but they are not being ignored.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Shiggy said:

I have been distracted by pollling, grading campaigns running a circus and arresting the majority whip. 

I feel attacked shiggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TexAgRepublican said:

Yeah there is an insane amount of "fog of war" with the new system. 

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with having Press Releases graded individually and then having individual Approval Ratings being put out. As it is, I have no way of knowing what the hell is the right strategy going into the first third of my campaign for Governor. I just have to go it blind. I know we're all in the same boat, at least on this side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And then, pre-election, you release a lump sum "donations" to each candidate based on the amount that they would have received from PACs and individual donors throughout the off-cycle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×