TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
TexAgRepublican

Jack Swanner (R-TX) Press Office

Jack Swanner

Swanner for Senate ‘20
For Immediate Release

Denver, CO – Speaking at an event in his region, Governor and Senate candidate Jack Swanner offered support for Republican Presidential nominee Paul Vang’s tax plan. 

“As a member of Congress, I was proud to vote for the Trump tax cuts because putting money back into the pockets of working Americans grows the economy and is the right thing to do. Throughout history, tax cuts have been successful. They got us out of recessions during the Kennedy, Reagan, and Bush Administrations. And the Trump tax cuts took a stagnant economy still recovering from the Great Recession and supercharged it to the next level with GDP growth peaking at an incredible 4.2% and unemployment reaching its lowest level in 50 years. 

“We need to continue to cut taxes, and that’s why I support Paul Vang’s tax plan. Paul’s tax plan would lower tax rates across the economic spectrum. It would put money back into the pockets of American families where it belongs. And his plan is fiscally responsible, too. He’ll pay for these tax cuts by shutting off federal welfare benefits to illegal immigrants and by putting a 44% tax rate on income over $5 million. I call this the LeBron Tax because only elite athletes like LeBron James and other celebrities will ever have to pay it, but it will make the plan revenue neutral. 

“Overall, this is a fantastic plan. I think it’s the best tax plan I’ve seen from a presidential candidate since the plan Donald Trump unveiled when he ran for President. As your Senator, I would vote for this plan and I would even be willing to sponsor it.”

View full PR

Jack Swanner

The Office of Gov. Jack Swanner
For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Concealed Carry Act. 

“Protecting the Second Amendment and keeping our citizens safe are two of my top priorities. That’s why earlier today, I introduced the Concealed Carry Act. This bill does a couple of really important things. First of all, it allows people eligible to carry a concealed firearm the right to do so in any other state in our region. Your Second Amendment rights don’t end when you cross state lines. Regardless of where you are in our region, you’ll always be able to protect your friends, your family, and yourself. Second, it allows concealed carry in our public schools and universities – what I call campus carry. Teachers, professors, and college students at least 21 years of age who are eligible to carry a concealed firearm will be allowed to do so on school property. With the recent spat of school shootings, the safety of our children is a major concern. This bill will prevent school shootings and keep students and other school employees safe.

“My position on gun rights has been met with some scathing criticism from outside the region. The DNC Chair issued a long screed that was full of falsehoods and misrepresentations. She wondered if I’ve ever been in a public school recently or at all. I wonder if she has. I’m a proud graduate of Hearne High School and Texas A&M. I attended public schools all the way from my first day of elementary school to the day I walked the stage at G Rollie White Coliseum. I know she’s from California, but here in the Plains Region we operate a little differently. Many of our public schools already allow armed teachers. In the state of Texas alone, over 200 public school districts allow staff to carry guns. Why does the DNC Chair think that she knows more about keeping our schools safe than the dedicated public education professionals in our region? She is also wrong when she claims that this bill will trample on the gun laws of individual states. Every state in our region already allows concealed carry, so it’s not like someone will be able to carry a concealed firearm in a state that doesn’t allow it. 

“This bill isn’t extreme. It’s not a conspiracy to sell more guns like the DNC Chair claims it is. It’s sensible reform that will make our region safer. I’ll leave you with this. If I’m a pawn of the NRA like the DNC Chair says I am, then why didn’t they endorse me for Governor? I campaigned on this plan, so it’s not like they didn’t know about it. The answer is that I’m not a pawn of the NRA. I just believe in the Second Amendment like most of this region does. It’s that simple.”

View full PR

• Like 2

Jack Swanner

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Regulatory Relief Act. 

“Job creation and business growth are among my top priorities. We need to preserve a pro-growth regulatory climate to encourage entrepreneurship in our region. Regulations are some of the biggest obstacles to starting a new business or growing an existing one. That’s why I introduced the Regulatory Relief Act. This bill requires that whenever an agency imposes a new regulation, they must remove an old one. The net cost of new and repealed regulations must be zero. We cannot allow our regulatory code to grow out of control. If a new regulation is so important, then we can either get rid of an old regulation or pass it through the legislature. Otherwise, we run the risk of unelected bureaucrats over-regulating our economy. The Plains Region is an attractive place to do business because of our low taxes and our pro-growth regulatory code. This bill will help us keep it that way.”

View full PR

Jack Swanner

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Education Reform Act. 

“Improving education in our region is one of my top priorities. The Education Reform Act includes several needed provisions to ensure that our students receive the best education possible. This bill prohibits the adoption of Common Core standards, prohibits the assessment of a regionwide standardized test, increases teacher salaries by an average of more than $8,000 this school year and $10,000 by 2024, and secures $5.6 billion of additional funding for K-12 school districts over the next four years. These provisions will ensure that our students are equipped with the resources, facilities, and instruction they need to excel in the classroom.”

View full PR

Jack Swanner

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Border Security Act. 

“Donald Trump said it best when he ran for President. If we don’t have borders, then we don’t have a country. The Border Security Act secures $2.8 billion of funding for the Plains Border Patrol over the next four years to ensure that we have strong borders. This funding – as outlined in a recent executive order – will be spent hiring new agents and purchasing new equipment including cameras, drones, weapons, body armor, and patrol vehicles. This bill was the last remaining piece of our immigration agenda. Earlier in the session, we secured funding in this year’s budget to build a concrete wall along our southern border and passed the Immigration Enforcement Act to remove incentives within our region that encourage illegal immigration. 

“Our work on immigration has received some criticism lately from both inside and outside the region. Political opponents have been telling blatant lies about the laws we’ve enacted in the legislature and my position on the issue. Supporting strong borders and the enforcement of our immigration laws doesn’t mean I’m a racist, bigoted White Nationalist like the DNC Chairman thinks it does. It means that I’m aligned with the majority of our region – people of all backgrounds and ethnicities – who also want secure borders with law and order. 

“I don’t believe that undocumented children shouldn’t be allowed to attend school, but I do believe that people who aren’t legal residents of our region shouldn’t be entitled to receive in-state tuition. That’s not racist. It’s common sense. We’re not cutting off funding for things like social security and education in sanctuary cities like the DNC Chair claims, but we are imposing a fine on jurisdictions found guilty of providing sanctuary for illegal immigrants. We didn’t ignore eminent domain during the construction of our border wall, either. We’ve abided by state and regional laws pertaining to eminent domain throughout this entire process, and we’ve built that into the cost of construction. The one-time cost of building this wall isn’t to the detriment of things like education, transportation, or corrections. It will actually save us billions of dollars in the future because illegal immigrants soak up a shocking proportion of regional funds for things like education and healthcare. Those savings are going to be spent on resources that will improve the lives of all the citizens of our region. We aren’t banning businesses from the region who are found guilty of hiring just one undocumented worker like the Democratic Party candidate for Governor claims we are, but we will impose a steep fine for each violation and ban such companies from receiving regional contracts and grants. How is that unreasonable? It isn’t, and it’s what the majority of citizens in our region wanted and voted for in the last election. And if Mr. Himes wants to succeed me as Governor, he needs to come to a better understanding of what the people of the Plains Region want.”

View full PR

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Regulatory Relief Act. 

“The Regulatory Relief Act prevents unelected bureaucrats from growing the regulatory code here in our region. If we end up with too many regulations, it will be harder for workers and entrepreneurs to be successful. Necessary regulations can be enacted by either getting rid of an old one or passing it through the legislature as a bill. But unelected government officials will not be allowed to add regulations on demand.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Concealed Carry Act.

“Today is a huge victory for gun owners and really anyone in this region who wants to feel safe. It’s a major defeat for dangerous criminals. People who are legally allowed to carry concealed firearms in their home state will be allowed to protect their friends and family anywhere in our region. Qualified individuals at public schools and universities will be able to deter school shootings and keep our schools secure.”

For Immediate Release

Columbus, NM – Governor Jack Swanner visited the Plains-Mexico border to inspect the construction of the border wall. He also spoke to assembled members of the press.

“When I ran for Governor, I promised that we would do whatever it takes to secure our borders. This border wall is a physical testament to the fulfillment of that promise. In this year’s budget, $5 billion was appropriated to build a concrete wall along 500 miles of our border with Mexico – including the stretch right here in New Mexico. The border wall – which will be completed by the end of the year – will protect our entire region from illegal immigration and its side effects. The wall will be reinforced by the newly established Plains Border Patrol – a law enforcement agency exclusively dedicated to border security equipped with weapons, patrol vehicles, and the latest surveillance technology. Internally, virtual barriers such as e-verify and the prohibition of sanctuary cities will shut off the incentives for illegal immigrants to enter and stay in our region. Donald Trump said it best. If we don’t have borders, then we don’t have a country. Here in the Plains Region, we’re doing our part to make sure that our borders are secure.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Taxpayer Relief Act. 

“When I ran for Governor, I talked about how I wanted to provide tax relief for the people of our region. In this year’s budget, we cut state income taxes and state sales taxes by more than $3 billion. The Taxpayer Relief Act is the next step to providing tax relief for the citizens of our region. This bill puts a 5% cap on local property tax revenue growth per year. Right now, we have a situation in our region where people are being taxed out of their own homes because of rising local property tax rates. If a local jurisdiction wants to increase property tax revenue by more than 5% in a single year, then it has to be approved by a two-thirds majority of voters. The bill also makes the tax cuts from this year’s budget permanent. I know that it’s election season, and we have some different tax plans floating around from various candidates for office. I don’t know what the legislature or the next Governor will do in the future. I don’t have a crystal ball. But the least we can do right now is extend these tax cuts beyond just this year, and that’s what this bill does. I wanted to make sure that our residents don’t see a tax hike next year. Low taxes help drive our economy, and putting money back into the pockets of the people of our region is just the right thing to do. We need to do the right thing and provide tax relief for our region.”

Edited by TexAgRepublican

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Voter Identification Act.

“Free and fair elections are the foundation of American society, but voter fraud is a real problem that threatens to crack that foundation. In the ten-year period from 2002 to right before the 2012 general election, there were 616 charges of election code violations in the state of Texas alone. That’s why we need regionwide voter ID to prevent voter fraud and protect the integrity of our elections. 

“The Voter Identification Act requires voters in our region to present valid photo ID – such as a driver’s license – before being allowed to vote. Most of the world requires some sort of identification at the polling place. Photo ID is the best form of ID because you can clearly see if the person voting is who they claim they are. With all the talk of foreign interference in our elections, this bill is needed now more than ever.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Naloxone Access Act. 

“The opioid epidemic in our country has reached crisis levels, and it does not discriminate.  It can affect the young and the old, the rich and the poor, the urban and the rural, and people of all races. It is hollowing out entire neighborhoods and communities. That's why tackling the opioid crisis is one of my top priorities. Local first responders are the tip of the spear in the battle against opioid addiction, and they need more access to naloxone. Naloxone is a lifesaving medicine used to treat drug overdoses. The Naloxone Access Act provides local first responders with the training and access they need to administer naloxone to patients. We need to make sure that we have all the tools we need to overcome the opioid crisis.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press after introducing the Tort Reform Act. 

“Unfortunately, the politicians in Washington still haven’t enacted a good substitute for Obamacare. We need to lower the cost of healthcare in our region. I can’t repeal Obamacare as Governor, but I can enact tort reform. One of the reasons that healthcare costs are high is because doctors face so much legal risk. They can be sued into bankruptcy and oblivion, and that raises the cost you pay for medical care because they have to carry so much insurance. The Tort Reform Act caps lawsuit awards to a reasonable level, reduces the statute of limitations, and protects doctors who prescribe medication. This bill will protect honest medical professionals while keeping your healthcare costs from spiraling out of control.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Voter Identification Act.

“With all the talk of foreign governments interfering in our elections, we need to do everything we can to secure our democracy. The Voter Identification Act protects the sanctity of our elections by requiring voters to show photo identification at the polling place. This bill will be implemented in time for the 2020 election.”

Edited by TexAgRepublican

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Tort Reform Act.

“Ensuring that residents of our region have access to quality affordable healthcare is one of my top priorities. The Tort Reform Act will keep good doctors in our region while keeping healthcare costs low by placing reasonable caps on malpractice claims.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Naloxone Access Act.

“The Naloxone Access Act is a major step forward in the fight against opioid addiction. Naloxone is a life-saving drug that is used to treat overdoses. This bill puts Naloxone into the hands of local first responders so that they can save lives.”

For Immediate Release

Austin, TX – Governor Jack Swanner spoke to the press at a signing ceremony for the Taxpayer Relief Act.

“This bill is a huge accomplishment. Regional politicians have been talking about property tax reform for a long time. We finally got something done. This bill caps local property tax revenue increases at 5% annually, with additional revenue allowed with the consent of a two-thirds majority of voters. Furthermore, the bill makes the tax cuts from this year’s budget permanent. This is a huge win for the citizens of our region.” 

Sign in to follow this