TedderVision
Shiggy

Resolution Denouncing Hate Groups

Mr. Fitzpatrick for himself and Mr. Macmillan submits. 

A RESOLUTION

Denouncing all forms of white supremacy, white nationalist and all other hate groups

Whereas the Alternative Right or Alt-Right have demonstrated publicly that they desire a Caucasian only ethnic state

and

Wheras their fundamental tenants of racism, bigotry, white supremacy, and misogyny are well documented in their blogs, podcasts, and on social media

and 

Whereas their views are totally inconsistent with American or midwestern values 

and 

whereas our country has already endured the violence that White Nationalism and White Supremacy breeds during our Civil Rights Era

and

Whereas we recognize that they do not represent the majority of Americans.

RESOLVED We the United States Congress Assembled do hereby condemn the actions of all white nationalists and condemn the actions and statements by all white nationalist groups including, but not limited to, The White Crusaders.

RESOLVED

The United States Congress Assembled denounces all forms of hate and bigotry especially forms of "white supremacy" , "white nationalism" "racial superiority".

Edited by Shiggy

Mr Speaker,

What possible reason could the gentlewoman have for objecting to a motion denouncing hatred and white nationalism?

I yield.

Mr. Speaker,

You can almost feel the righteous indignation in the gentleman's voice. What possible reason could I have for objecting to such a useless and worthless motion?

I yield.

*Hand off*

Mr. Speaker,

Me thinks the lady objects too much. She hears righteous indignation because she comes to stand in the way of this chamber condemning white nationalism. And she believes the measure is worthless? 

If only we could ask Heather Heyer if this condemnation is worthless. If only we could resurrect her for a moment and ask if a mere condemnation is worthy of our time. But we can’t; because Heather Heyer was killed by a member of the Alt-Right. And we can’t take a moment and say “this group that killed this woman ought to be condemned”?

But what part of this bill does she disagree? Can she show us the line? Can she point to anything in this document and say “here is where I take issue”? She ought to be ashamed of herself, but i don’t think she could find any.

I yield

Mr. Speaker, 

Words matter. Actions matter .  Does the member from New York think that this chamber should support all forms of hate and bigotry especially forms of "white supremacy" , "white nationalism" "racial superiority instead?  if not get out of the way and let this chamber speak out against hate and racial superiority.

I yield.

Mr. Speaker,

This measure is absolutely worthless. I don't think there's any way to dispute that. This measure will not help anyone. It will not save anyone's life. It will not even make anyone's life better. It is nothing more than words on a paper with absolutely no legal standing whatsoever. This is not what we're paid for. We're not paid to sit here and virtue signal our political correctness. We're paid to solve the real problems facing our constituents and our nation. I didn't run for Congress to blindly follow an NPC script. I ran for Congress to make a real difference in people's lives. 

There are real and legitimate threats to our constituents. MS-13 is a real threat. They actually kill people in my district. They brutally murdered two teenage girls on Long Island. Radical Islamic terrorism is a real threat. It killed thousands of my fellow New Yorkers. The ALERT Act is a bill that will make our country safer and could potentially save countless lives. But while we consider this meaningless resolution, the ALERT Act continues to collect dust in the hopper. It collects dust because the leadership of the majority would rather "speak out" and feel good about themselves instead of putting in the real work necessary to keep our country safe.

I yield.

*hand off*

Mr. Speaker, note that the representative from New York can’t answer the question. It seems she’s caught the same bug as other Republicans. When asked a direct open question, they can’t answer. And notice her statement. She wants us to address real issues that this country is facing. Mr. Speaker, racism and white nationalism is a real issue in this country. When presented with the reality that she can’t condmen a racist group who has killed, she can’t even show the shadow of decency to condemn them. No one on this chamber supports the actions of MS-13. No one in this room supports radcal Islamic terrorism. And I’d like to be believe that no one in this room supports the Alt-Right; but she’s slowly changing that assumption step by step. 

We’re sent to represent our constituents. The people I represent have and continue to deal with our racist past and present. They hate white nationalism as it sits. That’s why it matters. Do I think she’s a white nationalist? I don’t know. But she does a darn fine job of not condemning them. 

I yeild. 

Mr. Speaker,

If this is such a worthless piece of legislation, passing it should be easy.  Objecting to it just makes the process take longer for a common sense agreement that protects freedom of speech of all Americans but separates the representation of the nation from those deplorable people.   We are not debating what should be on the docket, we are debating this resolution specifically. 

Thus, the two options here are to support the resolution which means taking a stand against white nationalists and denouncing the Alt-right or voting against the resolution and taking the white nationalists and the alt-right's side by remaining complicit and supportive of their ideology.  When it is time to cast our votes, I hope the gentlewoman from New York votes her conscience and shows America which side she is really on.

Mr. Speaker,

Will all do respect to the gentlewoman from New York. Anyone who doesn’t condemn white nationalism should be ashamed of themselves. The Declaration of Independence states that all men are created equal. They are endowed by their created with certain unalienable rights. Which among these are the rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. These were the country’s founding principles. The were the principles our founding fathers believed in when the carved this great nation out of the stranglehold of British oppression. Any American that does no believe that all men are created equal under the law is not a true American. Any person who thinks that blacks are less then whites, or that Jews should be killed, should damn well be condemned. Any person who cannot find it inside themselves to condemn these white nationalists might as well be one of them. 

Now I believe in equality under the law. This resolution does nothing except say that the United States condemns racist white supremacists. 

I think the founding fathers only meant that all men should be equal under the law. As Thaddeus Stevens says in the movie Lincoln, “How can I hold that all men are created equal, when here before me stands, stinking, the moral carcass of the gentlewoman from New York, proof that some are inferior, endowed by their Maker with dim wits, impermeable to reason, with cold, pallid slime in their veins instead of hot red blood! You are more reptile than human! So low and flat, that the foot of man is incapable of crushing you!”

If the gentlewoman cannot condemn a group that commits cold blooded murder then she mighis as well join them! We should all vote for this resolution unless we want our nation to go backwards in time 200 years. 

But the fact of the matter remains, if the gentlewoman cannot condemn white nationalism then she might as well be a white nationalist. I mean, if the shoe fits.

I yield 

Mr. Speaker,

Since we have members of this body that don't think there a need to condemn or denounces all forms of hate and bigotry especially forms of "white supremacy" I urge you with the full power of your office as a speaker to form a  committee to investigate our hate group problem in America with white nationalism.

I yield

@Calvin Ward