TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
TexAgRepublican

Student Debt Bankruptcy Reform Act

Just now, Shiggy said:

OOC: it is implied... all you have to do is mind your own damn business.

OOC: Since this is the House floor and he is a member of Congress, I suppose this is his damned business then isn't it?

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

OOC: My understanding is that this is still the way it is to be done.

OOC: I would however argue that we should give @Shiggy the benefit of the doubt as he is new to the Speakership and only here pro-tempore.

Just now, Shiggy said:

Why am I mad?

I am mad because this is just another attempt by GOP players to use metagaming and rules layering to troll other players that they dont like....the same as your trolling of the town halls and press conferences. 

OOC: Dude all you had to do was answer my question in the Press Conference. And I'm not using rules lawyering or metagaming, as I've already explained. This would be a major breach of decorum; I think it is reasonable to call it out form an IC perspective. I don't know why this has to be an OOC issue.

Just now, Macmillan said:

OOC: I would however argue that we should give @Shiggy the benefit of the doubt as he is new to the Speakership and only here pro-tempore.

OOC: I only raised a Point of Order, which is easily dealt with by saying "The gentleman is correct, I retract my statement and apologize for my eagerness to wade into this debate. Debate will continue." Instead, he decided this was a hill he wanted to die on and decided to have a major OOC hissy fit. That's not my fault, nor is it anyone else's but Shiggy's.

Just now, Shiggy said:

OOC: Fine...I will put   *Hands off gavel*  before I speak from now on...just drop the stupid rules layering.

OOC: This isn't rules lawyering and I'm glad you'll fix it going forward, but the point still stands IC and hasn't actually been addressed.

OOC: Honestly, how many times is Shiggy going to be allowed to be unnecessarily aggressive towards me because he doesn't like the IC pressure I'm putting on him? Last time he told me to go poop myself and now he's telling me to piss off. Is this really the kind of treatment people should expect OOC on this forum? I know other people are getting a lot more trouble for significantly less aggressive posts.

The other statement is withdrawn as speaker

HANDS OFF GAVEL

Mr. Speaker, 

Can the gentleman @Ryan explain why he is objecting to a bipartisan bill that is authored and supported by his own fellow republicans?

I yield 

TAKES BACK GAVEL

I'm sorry Mr. Speaker, but I believe the Parliamentarian is leading the proceedings at the moment as we deal with a procedural matter.

OOC: Again with the OOC? I already answered the question. You seem to have a lot of trouble keeping track of threads. Anyway, the question that needs a ruling is whether or not your decision can be appealed, not whether or not you need to release the gavel before entering debate as I stated in the post immediately following Batman's ruling post... Keep up, Shiggy.

If by entire game, you mean one thread, then I would point to the fact that you were the one who refused my point of order and my motion to appeal your decision and forced us down this road. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Mr. Parliamentarian,

The question was as to whether or not the decision of the Chair could be appealed.

IC:The parliamentarian has given a ruling thus there is no need for an appeal as the speaker removed his statement 

OOC: any more OOC comments in this thread will result in warnings 

3 minutes ago, Batman said:

IC:The parliamentarian has given a ruling thus there is no need for an appeal as the speaker removed his statement 

OOC: any more OOC comments in this thread will result in warnings 

@Ryan

HANDS OFF GAVEL

Mr. Speaker, 

Can the gentleman explain why he is objecting to a bipartisan bill that is authored and supported by his own fellow republicans?

I yield 

TAKES BACK GAVEL

Sign in to follow this