TedderVision
Sign in to follow this  
Ryan

Patrick O'Donnell (R-RI) Press Office

Patrick O'Donnell interview from the city of Providence

Who do you hope wins the upcoming Democratic primary for President? : No comment as of this time.
Should the extremist group 'The White Crusaders' be permitted to hold a rally in Chicago?: Yes
Are you concerned about global warming?: It's obvious that human beings contribute to global warming but we must be hesitant to make drastic changes.

Additional comments (optional): Freedom of speech is a critical aspect of American freedom and must not be abridged under any circumstances. So long as the group in question obeys all of the laws pertaining to their rally, there is no reason to pre-emptively ban it and, furthermore, they should be afforded the same protections as any other rally would be given.

View full press questions

Patrick O'Donnell

The Worrying Case of Congressman Fitzpatrick

[Washington, DC] Congressman Patrick O'Donnell of Rhode Island recently spoke to the press in the rotunda outside of the House chambers about the worrying mental state of Congressman Darren Fitzpatrick (D-MA). Congressman Fitzpatrick has recently taken over the gavel for Speaker Ward, who is away on business, and his carrying out of House business has led to many questioning his mental health. "The acting speaker was completely unhinged today," said O'Donnell. "I objected to Unanimous Consent on the floor and Mr. Fitzpatrick rose from the Speaker's Chair to demand an answer as to why I objected. I answered the question but raised a pretty standard Point of Order as it is very much against the rules for the Speaker to wade into debate. It's imperative that the Speaker of the House be impartial during debate to ensure that we are having a fair and free debate on important issues for our country.

"The Point of Order, as I say, was very standard; the response I got was anything but. Mr. Fitzpatrick informed me that he didn't believe he had done anything wrong and refused to accept my point and retract his remarks from the record. I moved, then, to appeal his decision as I believe it is necessary to maintain an air of respectability for the Speaker's Chair even when the occupant doesn't seem the think so. He informed me that he was refusing even my motion to appeal and we had to wait for the Parliamentarian to come and rule that it was, in fact, out of order for the Speaker to debate from his Chair. At that point, Mr. Fitzpatrick proceeded to twice ask me the same question as he had asked me in the first place: why I was objecting to Unanimous Consent. I had answered that question even before I rose on my point of order. I was absolutely astounded and it made me very worried about Mr. Fitzpatrick's mental health. Given what just happened to West Coast Governor Williams, I don't think it's unreasonable to be worried about Mr. Fitzpatrick's brain."

Mr. O'Donnell's concerns are mirrored by some journalists, too, after Congressman Fitzpatrick refused to acknowledge some questions posed in a Press Conference he organized earlier in the week to announce his election to be Chairman of the Democratic National Committee. The question, regarding a recent corruption case in the Democratic Party, was ignored completely; the same journalist shortly asked if his question would be addressed, leading Congressman Fitzpatrick to ask "when did you ask me a question before?" The journalist responded that he had one of the first questions in the Press Conference and asked if Congressman Fitzpatrick was "feeling okay."

"I can absolutely understand the concern," said Congressman O'Donnell. "I think Mr. Fitzpatrick needs to take a break for a while and go get checked out by a medical professional. His health is more important to his family than his career is. I hope he is okay, but the signs don't look good. I do have to wonder what, if any, signs were present of this bombastic and, frankly, frightening behavior were present when he was chosen by his colleagues in the Democrats and what kind of leadership they want to see this country have."

-30-

View full PR

I'm not sure if you realize that metagaming is when you do something OOC to cover for the fact that you made a boo-boo IC.

Are you physically incapable of playing this game without whining OOC every time you screw up IC and someone calls you on it? Also, I don't think it is kosher for players to post in other people's Press Releases, and I definitely think that it is considered harassment when I am personally attacked three times in a week by the same person who chooses to use invective against me.

Ok, that’s fair. I’ll grade it for you:

The fact that his resignation came right after this makes it noteworthy and definitely wins you some points with conservatives and makes the Dems look bad across the board.

Sign in to follow this